It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


USO Research

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in


posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:47 PM
USO/UFO Water Reports from 2008:

Location. Pavlodar region, Kazakhstan
Date: January 5 2008
An unidentified flying object might have fallen in the Belaya River in the May district in the Pavlodar region, northern Kazakhstan.
A source with the regional emergency situations department told Interfax referring to an eye witness.
The chief of the local police department saw a shining flying object falling in the river in the early hours, the source said, adding that the policeman “reported about it to higher authorities.” According to the emergency situations department, divers examined a 15 meter air hole in the ice and officers of the local sanitary and epidemic office took water samples. “Divers plunged four times, but no objects were found.
Water samples are normal,” the department said. A local Ufologist, Lyubov Rybalko stated that it was possible that a UFO had splashed down in the Belaya River and then left.


Location. Near Orellana, Peru
Date: March 7 2008
Crewmembers onboard two fishing vessels fishing on the waters of the Amazon near Iquitos reported seeing what they thought or appeared to be a huge and lighted phantom vessel.
The men stopped what they were doing and thought they could hear laughing and singing, like in a party, coming from inside the enigmatic vessel. The language appeared to be foreign. The witness who were onboard the vessels, “El Veloz” and “El Solterito” reported that the craft (whatever it was) suddenly disappeared amidst a meter and a half wave.


Location. Near Needles, California
Date: May 14 2008
On the Colorado River near Topock Arizona a long time houseboat resident was stunned to see a large, bright “fiery object” hurtling from the sky toward him.
From the upper deck on his houseboat, R. B. was puzzled by the vivid turquoise blue with touches of green he was seeing instead of reds, yellows and oranges in more normal fire.
Despite the strange blue green color, the witness thought perhaps he was watching a plane about to crash. R. B. did not know there was another eyewitness---Frank Costigan, retired former Superintendent of Operations and Police Chief at Los Angeles International Airport from 1978 to 1985 and Superintendent of Operations at Ontario International Airport in California from 1985 to 1986.
Frank had gotten up to let his Siamese cat out and went outside to look at the clear night sky. His home is about three miles east of the Colorado River.
To his surprise a large, bright object of many colors dominated by turquoise blue with some green was streaking through the sky toward the Colorado River area. Frank could also see some red and yellow colors like flames and expected to hear the huge boom of a crash impact.
“I thought I might hear something when it hit the ground because if it was as close as I thought it was and as big as it was, I thought I would hear something. But I did not hear anything. And it went out of my view before it hit the ground.”
But over on the Colorado River, R.B. was only about 400 yards from where the fiery turquoise blue object hit the ground on the west side of the river. He was outside fishing at 3am when he saw the brilliant turquoise blue flaming object. When it hit the ground about 100 yards west of the river he saw the whole thing bounce back up in the air with even more glowing red yellow pieces around the big center object. And yet, he did not hear the crash sound he expected.
“There was only a thump sound,” he told the source. But he was afraid that some kind of plane had crashed and urgently went down to the lower deck of his houseboat to get his cell phone and climbed back up to the top deck to get a satellite signal for his phone.
When he had a signal he kept dialing 911, but only got a busy signal. All of this took about seven minutes after the crash.
Then to his complete amazement the witness heard the loud sound of a sky-hook or skycrane helicopter coming fast in the night sky.
The next thing he knew the still glowing object was hooked underneath the skycrane and carried away rapidly. He thought that the object as big as a 10,000 gallon tank truck and oval shaped. After the sun came up, David Hayes the owner and general manager of KTOX AM 1340 was driving to work along I-40 in Needles when he saw very unusual vehicles traveling together with black and white U.S. government license plates.


Location. Lake Sherando, Virginia
Date: May 16 2008
A couple were parked at the lake just talking and before the boyfriend was driving the girl home she stepped out of the car to smoke a cigarette and heard strange sounds coming from all directions around the lake. It was an eerie metallic sound, almost musical. She could hear it on one bank of the lake and then it was if there was a “response” from the other side of the lake, the sounds were different tones but all about the same loudness. The girl screamed for her boyfriend to get out of the car, he did and was immediately terrified. In addition to the strange sounds, there were no other usual “night noises.” In this part of the country they often hear insects and other animals at night. This night was completely silent. Both became scared and jumped back in the car to get out of there fast. As they were driving down the road from the lake a huge disc-shaped object cleared the treetops and hovered above the car for a few moments. At this point the girl became terrified and began crying and screaming. The disc then took off at a speed she had never imagined. They have not returned to the lake since.



Location. Near Taganrog, Rostov region, Russia
Date: March 8-9 2007
According to Victor Rogozhkin numerous citizens living on the shores of the Sea of Azov woke up in the middle of the night to a powerful roaring sound of the engine of a huge flat bed truck apparently transporting a UFO that had crashed the night before into the Sea of Azov.
Armed troops had surrounded the area and had not allowed anybody access to the area. However there had been enough accidental spectators to the event.
The UFO crash had reportedly occurred on March 8, probably at night. Several witnesses saw how a UFO had smashed into the waters, creating a huge splash disappearing under the waves.
Military personnel were soon involved, numerous vessels and patrol boats from the Taganrog area presumably equipped with divers were sent to the area.
The object had fallen not to far from the shore, so this enabled an easy recovery which was done at night.
When the disabled object was detected under the water and a special quick reaction team was sent by aircraft from Ramenskoye airbase in Moscow to the Taganrog or Rostov aerodrome within hours.
Fully armed military men immediately arrived in the area securing a perimeter around crash area and also guarded the road on which the object was transported.
Source: Victor Rogozhkin from the group “ENIO” Rostov-on-Don in Rostov newspaper May 2007



Location. Off Anse de Miquelon, Saint Pierre & Miquelon Islands
Date: March 10 2006
Two brothers had anchored their small vessel in Saint Pierre Harbor and while one of them went ashore for some food and drink the other remained behind observing the ocean. When the other one returned to the vessel at 2210 he found his brother in a terrible frightened state. After calming him down, his brother told him that he had seen strange lights flying low over the ocean. He then saw the lights emerging from the ocean and flying near the water, minutes later the lights, which flew in a triangular formation approached the vessel as he watched stunned. Suddenly a bright light shone on him and he felt being held down by a great force. He remembered seeing several humanoid creatures standing around him, he couldn’t see their faces, but remembers being in a circular room very brightly illuminated by white light and filled with what appeared to be a gaseous mist. The creatures held his hand and examined his body with metallic chrome plated objects..


Location. Greenwater Lake Provincial Park, Saskatchewan, Canada
Date: May 18 2006
Two witnesses reportedly experienced a 6-hour encounter with a disk, two other white “things” (on the lake) and approximately four camouflaged humanoid beings. The beings appeared not to be breathing. One witness recalled hearing “clicking” sounds coming from the beings themselves. The disk spent most of the time over the lake and then landed on the lake, creating a vortex, or fog formation around itself. The beings were seeing on the water and on the land. The beings would not move until the witnesses left, which they did but then they returned again. Additional details indicate that the beings in the water were wearing something that looked like “hip waders”. The beings on land blended in really well with their surroundings. A witness said one being stood 50 yards off in the willows and was almost impossible to see. The beings saw the witnesses and the witnesses felt they were being stalked. The disk came close to the shore at one time and then back to the lake again. The lights on the disk were in the shape of a a peace sign “V”. The lights flashed red and green. It followed the witnesses at times and then took off again.
Source: Barb Campbell “Saskatchewan Paranormal Research Center”

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:50 PM

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im currently looking through FOIA requests to see what I can bring to this thread.

There's also the FOIA forum on ATS, which unfortunately is rather unpopular with the crowd here.

Could there be any documents in there relating to USOs?..anyone?

Is this what you meant Sky?..Or are you talking about making actual FOIA requests yourself?

Edit to add: That forum is now restricted?..Why is that, has it been closed down completely?

[edit on 9/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM

Originally posted by Majorion
Is this what you meant Sky?..Or are you talking about making actual FOIA requests yourself?

Im looking for FOIA Files that relate to USOs and Underwater Projects and Naval stuff on the Internet.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM

Originally posted by spacevisitor

...the bulletin listed numerous deepwater lakes where there had been registered sightings of anomalous phenomena: appearances of underwater creatures analogous to the Baikal type, descent and surfacing of giant discs and spheres, powerful luminescence emanating from the deep, etc.

Such documents, without exception, were highly classified and "for the eyes" of a very limited circle of military officers. The purpose fo such documents was "to prevent unnecessary encounters...."

Some interesting reports from Iran citing an underwater human-like creature:

Location. Caspian Sea, Astara & Lenkoran Azerbaijan
Date: March 2005
Time: afternoon
Residents of a few towns on the Caspian shores in Iran and Azerbaijan say they have seen an amphibious man, he was reported to be swimming amidst huge shoals of fish. Rumor has it that the waters where he swam were becoming sparkling clear. Recently eyewitnesses onboard the Azeri trawler, “Baku” reported seeing the creature. According to Gafar Gasanof the captain of the trawler, the creature was swimming in a parallel course near the boat for a long time. At first they thought it was a large fish, but then they spotted hair on its head and his fins looked very unusual. And incredibly the front part of his body was equipped with arms. Shortly after this report was published in an Iranian newspaper, numerous readers came forward describing their own sightings. The readers pointed out that numerous fishermen had repeatedly seen the strange creature at sea and on the shore after seabed volcanoes in the area of Babolsera became active in February and offshore oil production operations intensified in the Caspian. All the eyewitness accounts provide a similar description of the marine humanoid. His height is about 165cm to 168cm, it has a protruding stomach, his feet are pinniped and he has four webbed fingers on either of his hands. His skin is pale white in color. The hair on his head looks black and green. His arms and legs are shorter and heavier than those of a medium-build person. Apart from his fingernails, he has nails growing on the tip of his aquiline nose that resembles a dolphin’s beak. There is no information as to his ears. His eyes are large and orbicular. The mouth of the creature is fairly large, his upper jaw is protruding and his lower lip flows smoothly into the neck, his chin is missing. Iranians have dubbed the creature, “Runan-shah” or “Master of the seas and rivers”.


Location. Caspian Sea territorial waters of Azerbaijan
Date: end of March 2005
Time: unknown
Azerbaijani fishermen from the trawler “Baky” (Baku) were stunned to see a weird entity in the water. The entity swam for a long period of time near the trawler, parallel to it, reported Gafar Gasanov Captain of the ship to the local newspaper “Zindagi” when he arrived at the Iranian port of Enzeli. At first the crew thought that the entity was some type of unknown large fish, but soon they noticed that the entity’s head had distinct hairs on it and the front fins were not fins at all but webbed hands. They acknowledged that the entity looked more like a humanoid than any kind of known fish. They all concluded that they had never seen something like it in the waters.
The amphibian entity then plunged deep into the waters and disappeared from sight. When Captain Gasanov returned to Azerbaijan people there refused to talk to him about the incident alleging that he and his crew had all been drunk. But the Iranians took the report seriously because of numerous rumors about “a man from the sea” were circulating in Iran long before this report. After publication in the local newspaper “Zindagi” local Iranian residents wrote numerous letters to the newspaper reporting their own encounters with a similar entity. The common opinion was that underwater volcanic activity in the area of Babolser and the intensification of oil extraction in the Caspian Sea has somehow caused unknown deep water dwellers to venture up to the surface.
Other witnesses reported seeing the same or similar entity in May between the small fishing villages of Astara and Lenkoran.
HC addendum
Source: Rafik Garifdzhanov, Azerbaijan “BBS” Newspaper Kiev Ukraine # 28 2005


Other reports:

Location. Port Shepstone, Cape Town, South Africa
Date: May 20 2006
Time: afternoon
Port Shepstone rescuers are monitoring a mysterious situation in which “numerous” eye-witnesses reported an unidentified object crashing into the sea, the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) said on Sunday. Eddie Noyons, NSRI Shelley Beach Station Commander, said eye-witnesses reported that an unidentified object, possibly an aircraft, had crashed into the sea behind the breaker line off-shore of the Port Shepstone High School. Police, rescue craft and a fixed wing aircraft were alerted to the scene to investigate. “Following a full scale search of the area covering 12 square nautical miles nothing has been found.” “There are no reports of activity in the area that may be related to this incident and there are no aircraft reported to be overdue or missing,” said Noyons.
He said numerous eye witnesses---including teachers and pupils attending a sports event at the high school and other by-standers including local fishermen---were convinced they had seen an aircraft go into the water, including seeing smoke and water exploding. Interviews with the witnesses revealed that some also reported seeing flames. “Some reported seeing something, an unidentified object, splash into the sea causing a ripple effect of waves,” Noyons said. Due to the number of eye-witnesses with similar reports, it was presumed that weather activity in the area at the time might have given the impression of something falling into the sea. “We will continue to monitor the situation which remains a mystery,” he said.
HC addendum



Location. Ballina, New South Wales, Australia
Date: May 20 2005
Time: 1236
Dr. Garry Korigan and a friend were driving up to Brisbane from Sydney when without any warning a large dark and featureless cigar-shaped object passed behind trees not far away from the car. Korigan did not say anything at first; however he then decided to question his friend. He had seen the same thing, and did not want to say anything either. After questioning what they saw for half a minute, another of these objects passed in front of them. They decided to see what was on the other side of the trees and stopped the car. Behind the trees, they could not find the objects; however, there was a small dark figure near the shoreline. When they saw it, it began to move away very fast, faster than anyone can run and fled out of site down the beach.

HC addendum



[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:20 AM
Karl 12, thanks for posting those absolutely very interesting and important cases so far,
especially the ones with those freaky humanoids.

Skyfloating, thanks again for creating this thread
because it really boosted my interest in the USO phenomenon again.
I wish I could stop time now and then, because despite I am retired, I still have too less time for keeping track on all the UFO/USO discussions and ongoing flood of information about it.

Majorion, thanks for your reply,

reply to post by Majorion

I have the same thoughts of what you said here.

Originally posted by Majorion
I still don't know why or how so many people can just come out and blabber; there's no evidence whatsoever!, especially after enjoying a good reading of just this one thread about USOs.

And thanks for posting the link to part 1 of the UFO hunters episode on USOs.

Heike and seagull, thanks for sharing your posts,

Originally posted by Heike
Hello Sky!

I have an unreported incident to share. I did not witness an object myself, but I think you will find my tale interesting.

Originally posted by Heike
After about an hour or so, the special circuit was dropped and the Enterprise headed back to port in San Francisco. A very understated message was sent to all of the usual suspects stating that the Enterprise had accidentally been tracking a "whale."
We were asked not to talk about it due to the embarrassment factor, and that was the end of that.

If you want to believe that our nuclear aircraft carrier was following a whale around for 2 - 3 days, be my guest. If you try to dig, that's what the Navy will tell you. I, however, don't believe it, and several of the Enterprise's crew - the few who would say anything at all even when poopy-faced drunk - told me that it wasn't - couldn't have been - a whale.

Very unlikely of course, but if a nuclear aircraft carrier has nothing else to do, then following a whale around for 2 - 3 days, it must have bin an exceptional and very important perhaps even a threatening whale for them then.

Originally posted by Heike
what did one of the Navy's finest state-of-the-art ships chase ( and ultimately either "lose" or "catch" ? ) in the waters off of California for over 2 days?

Thats the big question indeed.
My first guess, a finest unearthly unhuman state-of-the-art ET ship.

Originally posted by seagull
During the same timeframe at least according to the story my ex-brother-in-law told me several years ago, much the same thing happened aboard his nuclear submarine.

As you said it is, Odd. No proof of anything untoward. Just odd.

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:15 AM
Here is part one of a very interesting USO/UFO sighting of an object what started as looking like "a motor-boat striking the water," for, as the object descended, it threw up spray on all sides around it, but after that appeared to be a UFO with occupants.
But there happened more interesting things, because after the disc took off, it left behind a sort of ring or “hoop” on the sea which had apparently served some function, perhaps as a float or stabilizer on which it had rested. But even that’s not all.


When in London last year, Dr. J. Allen Hynek spoke of the obvious importance of multi-witness cases. This Interesting Brazilian episode, which certainly falls within that category, was reported to us by Dr. Buhler when in England soon after its occurrence. Gordon Creighton prepared the material for publication; but this was delayed as we needed clarification on a few points. We are now able to present, with a few addenda to the concluding section on previous occurrences in the Tijuca area, a much more detailed version after perusal of the original Portuguese text by the author which appears in SBEDV Bulletin No. 74/79 for May 1970-February 1971.

This incident, which took place in broad daylight, at 11:40 a.m. on June 27, 1970, is notable because it was certainly observed by, at least eight witnesses, and because it illustrates graphically how, the UFOs, are approaching ever closer to our densely populated urban centres. A great metallic disc came down on the surface of the South Atlantic Ocean, not much more than 500 metres or so from the Avenida Niemeyer, a famous coastal road, cut out of the cliffs, which affords a beautiful view over the, sea and runs in a south-westerly direction from the Rio de Janeiro suburb of Leblon.

KEY: (1) Leblon. (2) Copacabana Fort. (4) Avenida Niemeyer. (5) Gávea Beach.
(7) Barra da Tijuca. (9) Island Group

The disc remained on the surface of the water for half an hour, and two crewmen were seen inside it, wearing helmets and bright grayish aluminum-colored garments resembling the garb of our astronauts. When the disc took off, it left behind it on the sea a sort of ring or hoop which had apparently served some function, perhaps as a float or stabilizer on which it had rested.

The Avenida Niemeyer is at a height of some 30-40 metres above the sea along the section in question, and the particular house from which the witnesses made their sighting is located even higher up, above the road. It was a Sunday, and in fine weather no less than 1,800 cars, so we estimate, would have been passing there hourly. Earlier on the morning in question I had been in that area myself, and I recall that at 7.00 a.m. the sky was still fairly clouded over.
( it should be borne in mind that in the southern hemisphere June is in the less sunny part of the year ).

Three of the adult witnesses, whom I have interviewed, are Senhor Aristeu Machado and his wife Dona Maria Nazaré Machado, who live at No. 318, Avenida Niemeyer, and their neighbour and visitor, Sr. João Aguiar, who is an official of the Brazilian Federal Police and resides nearby at No. 210 on the same Avenue. The fourth adult witness is the Machado's eldest daughter, Creuza, aged 23. The remaining four witnesses were the rest of the Machado girls, Consuelo, aged 14; Rosemary, aged 10; Margarida, aged 8; and Cátìa, aged 5 (I did not interview any of the five girls, but only their parents and Sr. João Aguiar). It was in fact Dr. Carlos Netto, of the Rio newspaper “Diário de Notícias”, who notified me immediately of the occurrence, with the result that I was able to accompany him to the spot and talk to the witnesses at four o'clock on the afternoon of the same day. (Incidentally, it may be noted that the “Diário de Notícias” was the first Rio de Janeiro newspaper to treat the UFO Problem seriously and with a certain degree of consistency.)

The episode begins, and occupants seen

The Machados’ account is as follows:
Dona Maria Nazaré Machado was in the kitchen, preparing the lunch. From time to time she would step out on to the veranda, where the rest of the family, with Sr. Aguiar, were amusing themselves with a party game. At one point she enquired what the time was. It was 11:38. About two minutes after that, Sr. Aguiar happened to glance out over the sea, and quickly called the attention of the others to what he thought was "a motor-boat striking the water," for, as the object descended, it threw up spray on all sides around it.

At once they all abandoned their game and began a vigorous discussion as to what to do about it, and as to whether or not the "motorboat" was in need of assistance, for they could see two "bathers" inside the craft who seemed to be signaling with their arms. Sr. Aguiar was positive that there were two persons in the craft, wearing shining clothing and "something on their heads." They seemed to be "thickish set and quite small."

The two persons in question appeared to be working on the deck of the craft, which was of a grayish metallic colour, and looked as though it might have been between 4 and 6 metres in length. It was covered with a transparent cupola (Fig. 1).

It was decided that Sr. Aguiar should run to the nearby Mar Hotel to telephone to the rescue authorities, while the rest of the party continued to watch the object closely. It had come down on the sea just where the water always looks darker, at the dividing line between the darker in-shore water and the clearer water of the open ocean.

The newspaper report in “Diário de Notícias” of June 28, 1970, states that the area of the sea where the disc came down was about 500 metres from the shore, although later examination of the case suggests that it could well have been rather more than that, perhaps 700, or even 1,000 metres. In any case, remarkably close to the shore!

In my subsequent enquiries I learnt that the disc at one time moved in about 100 metres nearer to the shore. No sound was heard from it at any time, nor did it display the characteristic type of "bobbing" movement to have been expected from a boat.

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:16 AM
Here is part two of a very interesting USO/UFO sighting of an object what started as looking like "a motor-boat striking the water," for, as the object descended, it threw up spray on all sides around it, but after that appeared to be a UFO with occupants.
But there happened more interesting things, because after the disc took off, it left behind a sort of ring or “hoop” on the sea which had apparently served some function, perhaps as a float or stabilizer on which it had rested. But even that’s not all.


Disc takes off

The time spent by Sr. Aguiar in going to and from the Mar Hotel (1 kilometre distant, towards Leblon) was, at the outside, 23 to 35 minutes. When he returned to the Machedos', apartment, the disc was still on the sea, and he was one of those who saw it take off again. We may say therefore that the duration of its stay on the water was about 40 minutes.

Sr. Aguiar informed us that when the disc took off, it did not rise straight up, but skimmed along for about 300 metres on the surface of the sea, throwing out the usual sort of bow-wave such as we see with our own fast motor-boats. In fact, it was only when the machine had become airborne and was moving away in a low arc out to sea towards the south-east that the witnesses realised that it was not an ordinary boat, but a flying saucer...

Dona Maria Nazaré showed herself to be an excellent observer for, as the disc took off, she noted that, on its under-side (Fig. 3), it had a hexagonal-shaped object which she said looked like the Brazilian fruit known as the carambola.*

* Translator's Note: The carambola, also known as the pitanga, or the Surinam Cherry (Averrhoa Carambola, L.). A juicy, quince-flavoured fruit. Its segments, I recall, are most strangely shaped, very angular, like nothing I have ever seen elsewhere. But although we had carambola trees in our Brazilian garden, neither my wife nor I can now (at this distance in years) make a sketch of these segments from memory, and I have discovered no handy source in England where an illustration may be found—G. CREIGHTON.

This object seemed as though retracted up into the craft, and there were a number of coloured lights on the carambola-like object, flashing always in the same sequence, viz.: green, pale yellow, and red. (Other reports have suggested one rotating light changing colours through this sequence.)

Occupants seen again

As stated, the disc appeared to be made of aluminum when resting on the sea, but once airborne, it looked transparent. At this point Dona Maria Nazaré could clearly see the two occupants sitting inside the craft.
There was little traffic along the Avenue at that hour, and consequently not much traffic noise. Nevertheless, as indicated above, none of the witnesses heard any sound that they thought came from the disc. Once airborne, the disc was speedily out of sight.

The "hoop" appears

On the area of sea where it had rested there was a "white, hooped-shaped object, of the size of a trunk or a chest" (Dona Maria Nazaré’s own description). After a short while this "hoop" sank. Then it reappeared, and from it there separated off a yellow, oval-shaped object the diameter of which, across its widest point, was approximately 40 centimetres, and which was floating with about 20 centimetres projecting above the surface of the water.

After remaining stationary for about three minutes, this oval, yellow object began to move slowly towards the beach, with its longer axis pointed in the direction of the witnesses' house. At the further end of the object there was a greenish flange which later separated off from the main (yellow) body and continued to follow it "at a distance of about 80 centimetres."

After a lapse of time which Dona Maria Nazaré estimated at about 15 minutes, the yellow object had come to a distance of about 120 metres from the shore. It then performed a right-angled turn left-wards, and headed off towards the beach at Gávea, still keeping always at more or less the same distance out from the rocks of the shore. This movement (westwards) was in fact contrary to the maritime current prevailing in the area at the time.

Dona Maria Nazaré then went down on to the road in front of her house and tried to observe the further movements of the yellow object. With her there were some boys who happened to come along at the time, and she pointed out the object to them. The boys tried to hit it by throwing stones at it, but without success. This phase lasted a further ten minutes or so, after which time it vanished from their view around the rocky promontory, some 500 metres from where they were standing.

Meanwhile the "white hoop" was still in view, after having disappeared temporarily several times, and it was steadily approaching the Gávea beach as though it were going to join up again there with the yellow object. They watched the white hoop for a total period of 20 minutes or so as it kept vanishing and then reappearing, until it too was finally lost to sight.

The family, who had been interrupted in their parlour game when they first saw the disc just before noon, only returned to the veranda to finish the game at 3.00 p.m., when the sighting was all over, and they did not get their lunch until 5.00 p.m.

As for the phone call made by Sr. João Aguiar, it was to the Harbour Police, whose headquarters are near the Calabouço Airport, in the central part of Rio de Janeiro. So it would have been at least an hour before, normally, one would have expected a Harbour Police patrol boat to have got to the scene. When he called them, the Harbour Police checked up on Sr. Aguiar's own telephone number (he of course being a Federal agent himself) and they promised to send help to the parties involved in the presumed mishap off-shore. Sr. Aguiar was consequently quite surprised when, after only about 20 minutes, he saw a fast motor-launch heading out towards the islands (Ilha das Palmas and Ilha Comprida).

This motor-launch was no doubt one normally stationed at the Fort de Copacabana. We do not know whether its crew saw the UFO take off, but it may be assumed that they did, for they would have had the UFO in view long before they reached the area from which it took off and where the "white hoop" remained floating.

When they got there, the motor-launch stopped at a distance of about 1 kilometre from the shore. Then the witnesses saw the crew of the launch hoist aboard, with great difficulty, a cylindrical red object (the difficulty being due no doubt to the great weight of this object). Having done this, the motor-launch returned at high speed to its point of origin.

Commits and theories

We cannot, a priori, guess the purpose of such a descent on the sea by Extraterrestrials. Could it be that they aimed to investigate certain local conditions by means of some sondes (the objects floating in the sea which they released?) or were these latter perhaps spare parts, destined for one of the Extraterrestrials' submarine bases, and which would have floated off, under automatic control, towards that base? Or could they perhaps have been automatic devices which, either afloat or submerged, could transmit information about the psychological reactions of the witnesses, say, in the house at No. 318, Avenida Niemeyer and, later, also of the folk bathing on the beaches at Gávea and Barra da Tijuca? Would these sondes perhaps have been recovered later, or would they have gone floating off to be lost in the sea ?

Or could they be some sort of devices which might have a long-term effect on human (i.e. terrestrial human psychology ?

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:17 AM
This is a remarkable and unusual USO experience of a 24-year-old aqualung diver, he could even touch the object and try if it where magnetic and to scratch the surface of the object with his knife, but neither it was magnetic and knife nor cylinder showed any mark from the scratching.
No scratching marks, hey, where did I here that before, think hereby on the material from Roswell.
At about 3.00 a.m. on the following morning, at about the same area he was together with a lady friend of him and she noticed something leaving the water.
When checking where he found the object the first time, it was gone.


UNUSUAL UNDERWATER OBJECT by Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos.
This is a report compiled for CEONI (Circulo de Estudios Sobre Objetos No Identificados) of Valencia, Spain, by its President, our contributor. Translation from the Spanish by Gordon Creighton.

At about 1.00 p.m. on Sunday, July 26, 1970, a 24-year-old aqualung diver was engaged in hunting fish off Alcocebre (Castellón) at a spot (40° 14' 45" North Latitude, 3° 58' 40" East Longitude) just off the urban settlement of "Las Fuentes". The water was some 8 to 10 metres deep and the spot was some 60 or 70 metres from the shore-line.

Discovery of the object.

The sea-bed at this particular region is of very fine sand with softly eroded rock outcroppings. As is the usual practice in underwater fishing in Spain, the man was using aqualung containers of compressed air.

The underwater object in detail.

Suddenly, at some distance from him, he noticed, on the sea-bed, a strange metallic object. It was sticking up over the top of a rocky outcropping. So he went nearer to observe it, and he found that, lying between two of the outcrops which were about 9 metres apart, there was a metallic object sunk about 8 inches or so into the sand. Its length was about 7 metres, its width about 3 metres, and one of its ends was slightly conical. The other end, which was slightly convex, was pointed out to sea. Near the conical end, and on the upper part of the object, there was a break in the continuity, about 1 centimetre wide and 2 centimetres deep, running right round the cylinder, enclosing a circular area about 1 metre in diameter. There was a similar groove running round the convex end.

The submarine capsule between two fingers of rock
(sectional view)

The surface of the cylinder was metallic, polished, of a colour resembling the colour of dull stainless steel. It had no rivets or anything resembling rivets and it did not look as though it had been under the water very long, for there were no calcareous deposits on it, no uneven nesses, nor was it rusted at all. He estimated that, since it was so absolutely clean and lacking incrustations, it could not have been there even as much as a week.

He tested and found that it was not magnetic, for when he put his knife (magnetised, as is the usual practice) against it, there was no magnetic effect. Then he tried to scratch the surface of the object with the knife, but neither knife nor cylinder showed any mark from the scratching.

He used his underwater gun to measure the cylinder.

When we were talking to the diver about the affair we discussed the question of whether it could have been a container of dumped industrial or radioactive waste.

He replied that he was unable to say yes or no to the idea since he had no knowledge of such matters, but nevertheless he repeated, emphatically, that it would have needed "a tremendous storm" to have shifted it from the particular place where it was on the sea-bed, and there had been a total absence of any such storm over the period in question. Furthermore the gradient of the sea-bed at that particular place is minimal or indeed to all intents and purposes nil, which suggests precisely how difficult it would have been for the thing to have shifted by itself.

Location of object on sea bed in relation to coast (lateral view)

The young diver attempted in vain to move the object and he dwelt on the fact that in water it is almost impossible to exert force or pressure, even with a point of support. In fact he used as his support a rock (on the nearer of the two outcroppings) but it had no effect on the object.

He drew our attention also to the fact that no sound was given off by the object and that, apart from what has been recorded above, it had no other notable features.

The witness was quite unable to say how long he had remained under water examining the object. He reminded us that "down below" one completely loses the notion of "time" and he regrets that he cannot furnish us with this piece of information.

A strange "something" seen from boat.

At about 3.00 a.m. on the following morning, the witness was out in a small rowing-boat in the same area, just off-shore opposite the "Las Fuentes" urban settlement, with a lady friend a German girl aged about 20, who was on a camping holiday in Spain with another girl. Suddenly the German girl noticed something leaving the water.

When we questioned the witness about this incident in the boat with the German girl, he told us that the course of events was more or less as follows:

She (in broken Spanish, but quite comprehensible):
"Something came out over there!"
He: "It must have been a fish." She: "No! No!"
He (again): "It was a fish."
She: "No! No! It wasn't a fish. It was bigger than that."

He then looks to where she was pointing (on the surface of the water), and she says: "Up, above." But he sees nothing. He estimates that it would have been about a little more than 10 seconds between her first words and the time when he looked over to where she was pointing. Besides seeing nothing, he heard no sound and saw no luminosity. And, although the direction in which she was pointing (to a distance of some 200 or 300 metres from the boat) was precisely the area where, on the morning of the previous day, he had found the strange cylindrical object, he attributed no importance to this fact at the time.

Location of object on sea bed in relation to coast (plan view)

Discussing this point with us, the witness remarked that, at the time, whatever it was the girl had seen seemed to him to have been of little interest, for she said nothing more about it afterwards, had not continued to watch for a long time, and had not been alarmed at all. He, for his part, had not asked her for any further details, inasmuch as he did not think that what she had seen was anything remarkable.

The many questions which arise in our minds now about this episode cannot be answered because it is not possible to contact the girl. Her name is not known, nor the name of her home town in Germany, nor anything else about her. So the manner in which she saw the (presumed) object vanishing from sight, and the details of the object will probably remain only in the memory of the girl. Let us remember, however, that whatever it was that she saw, she too did not attribute overmuch importance to the incident; indeed practically none.

Object gone.

At 9.00 that same morning (Monday) the young diver went down again, out of pure curiosity, to take another look at the strange object, and it will be appreciated that his surprise was enormous when, arriving at the precise spot where it had been, he perceived that it was no longer there.

The witness, who has been skin-diving for six years, has known the whole area thoroughly for even more years than that, since it is the place where his family have traditionally spent their summer holidays. But, in order to make absolutely sure that he was not mistaken, he explored all the rocky outcrops along that part of the coast for a further hour, with no results. Then, and only then, did he begin to link the cylinder and its disappearance with what his friend the German girl had seen.

Since that date he has dived again at the same place several times and always without finding any trace of the object, and he again emphasises that the area is one very well known to him, so there can be no possibility of his being mistaken as to where it was, or being at fault in his bearings. We for our part would emphasise the fact that he is a very experienced diver.

When we asked him about the time of the day when, after his night trip in the boat he was back in the sea and diving again, we expressed our astonishment that he must have slept so few hours that night. He smiled broadly and replied that this is very common with under-water divers. Very often these young fellows spend a whole night dancing in some town near the coast and then, at six in the morning, without having slept at all, or perhaps having merely lain down for a couple of hours, they take their gear and go off down to the sea again. Such is their passion for this marine sport, we repeat, that a sleepless night is something very, very normal for them.

The witness, who at the present time is employed as a car salesman, is a draughtsman, unmarried, and of the Roman Catholic faith. Never before had he seen any strange object or strange phenomenon, either aerial or aquatic. He has no particular interest in such matters as UFOs, science fiction, or suchlike, and has never read any book about them.

[edit on 10/3/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:08 AM

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:19 AM

Originally posted by Majorion
Not sure if someone has already posted this vid in here, but this is part 1 of the UFO hunters episode on USOs;

History Channel UFO Hunters 102 USO's 2008-1.avi

Hi Majorion, because of your post of that really very interesting vid, I did a search for the other parts.

Here they are.

History Channel UFO Hunters 102 USO's 2008-2.avi

History Channel UFO Hunters 102 USO's 2008-3.avi

History Channel UFO Hunters 102 USO's 2008-4.avi

History Channel UFO Hunters 102 USO's 2008-5.avi

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
Just thought I should post some interesting pictures relating to USOs;

More coming

[edit on 10/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:28 AM
Here's some more


[edit on 10/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM

Originally posted by Majorion


M Some good pics there

This ones pretty bizarre,does anyone know the background to it?


Disclosure witness Harry Allen Jordan discusses a major UFO incident aboard the USS Franklin D Roosevelt and the link between UFO sightings and nuclear weapons:

Merle Shane McDow describes how an Atlantic Command Facility was put on the highest (Zebra) alert due to UFO outrunning fighter jets over the Atlantic ocean.
Interview at 3:34:

Navy transport plane witnesses huge yellow USO/UFO in ocean near Newfoundland:

Underwater UFOs:


[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:46 PM
reply to post by karl 12

If it's any help, I got that particular picture from here;

Can't understand a word, it's not in English.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
reply to post by Majorion

i went to that site, my italian is far from perfect but I have a few notion.
With the help of Google translate, it goes like this :

''This picture that we propose below was taken on 07 May 2008 at Barrow (Alaska). Seems like car headlights on. The weather conditions at that time were twenty north / east with speeds of around 20/25 knots, clear, Sun positioned at 25 ° from the visual, iceberg floats positioned to the East were no other vessels, aircraft or helicopters when 'sighting. The photo was taken about a mile and a half by Open Lead (outlets opened by sea ice). The image was taken at about 11:00 pm when the Sun was fixed in the night. Currently dell'avvistamento there was a lot of wind, the sea was choppy and there were no boats in the water. What was that? Was it really a USO (Unidentified Submerged Object)?

Questa foto che vi proponiamo sotto è stata scattata il giorno 07 Maggio 2008 a Barrow (Alaska). Sembrano fari di automobili ma sull’acqua. Le condizioni meteo in quel periodo erano di venti a Nord/Est con velocità di circa 20/25 nodi, chiaro, Sole posizionato a 25° dalla visuale, iceberg galleggianti posizionati ad Est. Non erano presenti altri natanti, aerei o elicotteri al momento dell’avvistamento. La foto è stata scattata all’incirca ad un miglio e mezzo da Open Lead (sbocchi di mare aperti dal ghiaccio). L’immagine è stata presa alle ore 11:00 circa p.m. quando il Sole era fisso nella notte. Al momento dell’avvistamento c’era parecchio vento, il mare era increspato e non erano presenti barche in acqua. Cosa era? Era davvero un USO (Unidentified Submerged Object)?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by grandnic]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:21 PM
By the way guys...

...this thread is now on top positions in various related Google-Searches. And we didnt have to meddle with Google for that. That means anyone looking for info on it will see your excellent work.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky your work never ceases to amaze me!
Fantastic thread! S&F!!!

I'm going to read this one again later tonight. Wow. I wish I could award Applause!


posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM

Originally posted by grandnic
Was it really a USO (Unidentified Submerged Object)?

Well the below data does seem to suggest that this was, by definition, an Unidentified-Submerged-Object.

The weather conditions at that time were twenty north / east with speeds of around 20/25 knots, clear, Sun positioned at 25 ° from the visual, iceberg floats positioned to the East were no other vessels, aircraft or helicopters when 'sighting.

Thanks for helping out grandnic, forgot about the Google translation feature.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
this thread is now on top positions in various related Google-Searches

Well that's good to know, it's true, I actually have encountered this thread in numerous searches relating to the keyword 'USOs' etc...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:07 PM

Originally posted by Majorion
Can't understand a word, it's not in English.

Majorion/Grandnic -its certainly a strange one,good find (and nice translation skills)

Thought these images were a bit odd -especialy with the object in the sky near the end:


Another Puerto Rico USO Report:

UFO in the Atlantic Ocean, Dec. 1995
MR1 Jonathan Beaston, US Navy, Retired

I am a retired Machinist Repairman First Class U. S. Navy. I never really believed in UFO's to much until December 1995 when I saw one from the ship I was on, the USS Comte De Grasse DD-974, in route to Norfolk, Virginia from Puerto Rico. The sighting occurred about 250 to 300 miles Northwest of Puerto Rico in the Atlantic Ocean.

I was standing the mid watch sounding security watch and always went to the fantail on my rounds to talk to the seaman who stood watch there. It was around midnight and we were just talking, looking up at the stars when this UFO just lite up in the sky about 1000 feet high and a quarter a mile away aft of the ship so the bridge could not see it. It did not come from anywhere that we could see.

We don't know if it came out of the ocean or what but all we saw was it just turned on it lights and was just sitting there. It did not make one sound and it had a few different color lights on it, red, blue and white I believe. I said to the seaman on watch, "do you see what I see" and he said yes so I told him to call up to the bridge and see if they can see anything on their radar.

They replied that nothing was showing up on the screen and as soon as they told us that, this UFO took off like nothing I have ever seen. It looked like it traveled a 1000 miles in just a split second in a zig zag motion not making any noise or even a sight of smoke. We looked at each other and said " I didn't see anything if you didn't. Their was only two of us that saw it because it didn't lite up until our ship was forward of them.


Sighting Report of UFOs Emerging from Ocean -Puerto Rico:

I am a 53 year old Social Worker that grew up in Puerto Rico. Since the age of 13,I have been surfing in the west coast of PR, and on many times UFO have been sighted by me and other surfers! At that time, we did not make much of it because we thought people would make fun of us, or say that we were high on drugs.
Later in my life after realizing that other people came out to tell their stories, I have decided to come forward.

On one occasion, around 6.30. A.M. that is the best time to surf by the way, several silver colored objects came out of the water about half a mile from were we where waiting to catch a wave.

These objects were round and hovered in one position, then they took off straight up at a speed that I can not explain, but they disappeared so fast it was incredible. About a half hour later, the objects came back, I think it was around 6 or 7 of them, and went into the ocean.

We never reported it to anybody, we just thought it was a military practice or other things that we did not know about. This all happened in the year of 1971, January, I do not remember the exact date. I am only reporting this one event but we had many more sightings of this kind since we surfed in the west coast of Puerto Rco. By the way, this event happened in Rincon in a beach known to surfers as Tres Palmas, and there were about 8 to 10 surfers that day.


1988: Coast Guard Encounter with Giant Ellipse:

Events from the Lake Erie, March 4, 1988 in the USA.

Sheila and Henry Baker were driving home with their three children about 8:35 p.m., after going out to dinner. As they neared the waterfront, Sheila noticed something hovering over the lake and they drove down to the beach to investigate and got out of the car. The moon was bright and there was ice on the lake; Sheila could hear it cracking like claps of thunder.

Plainly visible was a huge, gunmetal gray football-shaped object that was rocking back and forth, blinding white light emanating from both ends, but it was silent. Then the object began moving, swinging one end toward the shore and descending. The Bakers became frightened, ran back to their car and fled. When they got home, the object was still visible from a window that faced the lake.

The object moved out over the ice and continued to descend, with red and blue lights now flashing in sequence along its lower edge. Sheila then called the Eastlake police to report a UFO, and was finally referred to the Coast Guard.

Suddenly 5 or 6 bright yellow triangular objects shot out of the center of the large object and began darting around independently. Once they stopped and hovered, point up, around the parent object, then sped away to the north, turned east, then inland toward the Perry nuclear power plant.

At this point Sheila called the Coast Guard, which sent a team to their house to investigate. Seaman James Power and Petty Officer John Knaub arrived towing a Boston Whaler, a seaworthy boat. When Sheila pointed to the main craft and some of the triangular objects still zipping around it, the men drove closer to the lake to investigate, accompanied by the Bakers.

At the lakefront they could hear the ice rumbling and roaring.

In their incident report later sent by teletype to the Coast Guard headquarters in Detroit, Michigan, the men were quoted as saying that "the ice was cracking and moving abnormal amounts as the object came closer to it."

Power and Knaub gave a running report to their base via the two-way radio in their Chevy Suburban on what they were seeing. The window was down, and the Bakers overheard them saying words to the effect, "Be advised the object appears to be landing on the lake... There are other objects moving around it. Be advised these smaller objects are going at high rates of speed. There are no engine noises and they are very, very low."

One of the triangles zoomed straight toward the Coast Guard vehicle, a blur of light, then veered east, straight up, and came down beside the parent object. Two witnesses in separate locations also reported seeing the triangles. Suddenly the triangles returned and one by one entered the side of the parent object as it seemed to land on the ice.

The ellipse flashed a series of red, blue, and yellow lights, the light emanating from the end of the object turned from white to red, and the triangles re-emerged and hovered above it. The noise from the ice abruptly ceased, and the lights and triangles disappeared.


UFOs & Water Case, Guaiuba, Brazil, 03-23-1978. (V Strange)

67-year old Joao Inacio Ribeiro was walking along the oceanfront when he saw a circular object about 10 meters in diameter approach from the sea. It had brilliant blue, yellow, green, and lilac colored lights. On its upper section it had a sort of cabin or cupola with 3 circular windows.
The craft approached, stopped, and hovered above the waters, causing the area directly below the object to become agitated and choppy. Ribeiro then saw two short humanoids appear on top of the craft.

The figures were about 1 meter in height, and wore gray colored tight fitting outfits.

The beings were baldheaded, with small noses and mouths and huge black eyes. One carried something resembling a walking cane; the other had what appeared to be a vacuum cleaner like object.

Both beings then began operating the vacuum like object seemingly extracting water from the ocean. After 10 minutes they re-entered the object.

Moments later the object descended to 10 meters above the waters causing them to become even more turbulent, creating large waves and foam.
Afraid Ribeiro ran home.
Source: Revista Brasileira de Ufologia for finding this case


Sea Captain Recalls 1968 USO Sighting

I am captain of foreign going vessels since 1970. In 1968 I was second officer on Panamax bulk carrier Swiss flag named GRICHUNA. We departed full loaded with coal from Norfolk or Charleston bound for Japan through Panama channel.
I was on the night watch from 0000 -0400 and we were sailing south off coast of Florida.The sea was calm and our speed was 15-16 knots. The weather was fine and the visibility very good.

I was on the command bridge outside on the port side and looking to the lights of Palm Beach in distance just abeam and then I saw the lights under the surface some 30-40 meters away just abeam in the depth of some 10-15 meters. It looked like a big airplane without wings, tail with all the windows lit on it. There were some 10-15 windows, but I did not count them.

The object was moving with us but some 30 degrees. crossing our course. The speed was about double of ours and it went under the bow of our ship and I could see just a gloom when it came on the other side in front of port bow. Our ship was 250 meters long and her draft was some 9 meters.

There was AB seaman with me on the bridge but standing by on the wheel even if we were on automatic and I did not call him outside earlier but ask him later if he could see something in the sea left of the port bow. He confirmed he see a gloom under water. Now what was it?

I excluded a submarine as they have no windows-they would not risk to pass so close under our ship and finally some 30 knots was too great of speed for a submarine in 1968.
A sight seeing submarine has windows, but what would she be doing in plain night on open seas (10 NM off coast) and again risking collision and too big speed and even the size (about 40 meters) for her.


[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
The Canary Island Alien Sphere

One of the most bizarre reports of unusual phenomena occurred in 1976 in the Spanish Canary Islands. Although the case features a most extraordinary description of aliens and their craft, the occurrence is extremely reliable in that it includes multiple witness reports which agreed in all aspects of the case.
The phenomenon began on the night of June 22, 1976, as residents of Tenerife, La Palma, and La Gomera began reporting the sighting of unusual lights in the sky.

These lights and their maneuvers were different from anything residents of the area had seen before. Newspaper headlines the next morning proclaimed that "thousands of people" had witnessed a "spectacular phenomena" which lasted "twenty minutes." The most sensational aspect was the sighting of the aforementioned "sphere" occupied by strange alien beings.

Three days later, the Commanding General of the Canary Island Air Zone named an "Investigative Adjutant" to make sense of the events. His findings were forwarded by a Spanish Air Force General to journalist J. J. Benitez in 1976, and the details of the case quickly reached beyond the scope of the Islands to the outside world. Benitez's investigation would be the basis of his book, "UFOs: Official Documents of the Spanish Government."

The case would regain momentum in 1994, when files of the investigation were released as part of the unveiling of Spanish records, a type of "Freedom of Information" act. The 1976 report was massive, containing over one hundred pages of testimony, evaluations, drawings, and more.

The official Air Force report of the incident was headlined by depositions of fourteen witnesses...

....The initial report of the Canary Island UFO came from the Navy's armed escort ship, the "Atrevida." The ship was located off the coast of Fuerteventura Island. The ship's captain gave a detailed report of what he and his crew observed at 9:27 P.M. on June 22.

The entire crew saw an extremely bright yellow-blue light moving from the shore in the direction of the ship, located three and a half miles at sea. Several of the crewmen at first thought they were seeing a conventional aircraft with its landing lights on. The lights soon faded, and a type of beam began to rotate, similar to a lighthouse effect.

Afterwards, an intense halo of yellow and blue could be seen from the fantastic craft. Amazingly, the crew watched the craft for a full forty minutes. The craft seemed to be playing tricks with its lights, as they constantly changed from one form to another. Even though the light show was observed for a long period of time, no signature was evident on the ship's radar of any flying craft.

Actual transcript-Captain of Atrevida.

"At 21:27 (Z) hrs. on 22 June, we saw an intense yellowish-bluish light moving out from the shore towards our position. At first we thought it was an aircraft with its landing lights on. Then, when the light had attained a certain elevation (15 - 18 degrees), it became stationary.

The original light went out and a luminous beam from it began to rotate. It remained like this for approximately two minutes. Then an intense great halo of yellowish and bluish light developed, and remained in the same position for 40 minutes, even though the original phenomenon was no longer visible.

"Two minutes after the great halo, the light split into two parts, the smaller part being beneath, in the center of the luminous halo, where a blue cloud appeared and the part from which the bluish nucleus had come, vanished. The upper part began to climb in a spiral, rapid and irregular, and finally vanished.

None of these movements affected the initial circular halo in any way, which remained just the same the whole time, its glow lighting up parts of the land and the ocean, from which we could deduce that the phenomenon was not very far away from us, but was close."

Only a few minutes later, this same object was seen by residents of Canary Island proper. The bulk of the sightings were by citizens of three villages; Galdar, Las Rosas, and Agaete. A cross section of professions were involved; medical doctor, schoolteacher, farmer, taxi driver, and housewife, among others.

A thorough search of records by the Investigator Adjutant determined that there were no reports of "aerial traffic or military exercises at the time of the reports" that could possibly account for the sightings of the unknown object . The Adjutant, for the sake of clarity, divided the investigation into two different categories.

One was the larger craft observed by ship crewmen and others, and the second the smaller globe with the aliens aboard. By his own admission, and consistent with human nature, the Adjutant had no problem believing the reports of the larger craft, but had reservations accepting the orb since occupants were observed which were not consistent with human beings.

The Investigator General's last word on the subject was: "The fact that a very strange and peculiar aerial phenomena occurred on the night of 22 June is a true and proven fact, as incredible as its behavior and conditions may seem."


Submarine USS Tiru -USO Encounter 1966:

The question is often asked, why don't more military UFO witnesses come forward publicly, and provide names, dates and places? Surely they aren't REALLY intimidated by such empty threats as JANAP 146-E, which provides for hefty fines and jail sentences for breaking silence on a military UFO sighting.

ParaNet is deeply indebted to Bill Cooper of Fullerton, California, for this, the first known report of a multiple military witness sighting that occurred onboard the submarine USS Tiru in 1966:

In 1966 during the month of the Rose Festival in the Pacific Northwest United States, the USS Tiru SS-416 left Pearl Harbor bound for Seattle Washington. The sub moored to a civilian pier near the downtown Seattle area and thousands of people toured the sub during its stay in Seattle.

After its duty as "showboat" it proceeded to a back bay area where it underwent torpedo trials. I believe the area was called Dabob bay [pronounced day-bob] but I am not sure of the spelling.

I include the above information because it should be easy to research. During the cruise from Pearl to Seattle five of the crew had a very unusual experience. During one late afternoon the sub was cruising on the surface at approx. 10 knots when the port lookout reported a strange contact at a range of 2 miles bearing 315 degrees relative.

The lookout refused to tell the OOD what it was that he had seen and instead insisted that the starboard lookout and the OOD both look at that area.

The three men looked through their binoculars toward the area reported and were astounded to see a metal craft larger than a football field tumble from the clouds into the ocean.

It actually tumbled end over end and when it hit the water and sank beneath the ocean huge geysers of water rose into the air. When the port lookout was sure that the others had seen it he then told the OOD that he had seen it tumble from the ocean up into the clouds.

The OOD and the starboard lookout were speechless. Within a few minutes, however, they all became excited when it again rose from the water and tumbled up into the cloud layer.

At about the same time a crew member below queried the bridge about a radar contact at the same range and bearing. Sonar also reported strange echos. The OOD called for the Captain to come to the bridge at that time.

He also called for the camera to be sent to the bridge. The Captain arrived on the bridge within 2 minutes and the Chief Quartermaster was right behind him with the camera.

At about the same time the object emerged from the clouds and fell down into the ocean. All five men witnessed this. The QMC took pictures as it rose up into the clouds and then back down into the ocean once again.

The five men watched for quite a while longer but nothing else happened. Soon the sub had moved out of visual range and the Captain told all witnesses that they were never to discuss what they had seen with anyone under any circumstances.

He stated that the incident was classified information. The Captain then went below and sent a radio msg. There was no doubt as to what we had seen.

It was a metal craft with machinery on and around the outside of it. It appeared to have windows or lenses placed around its perimeter. It made no noise that we could hear. It did not disturb the subs electrical systems nor did it affect the gyro compass. It looked very much like a round flying "ship" as in sea going ship.

It had the shape and form of a saucer with a bowl inverted in the saucer and it was huge. I will never forget it as long as I live.

When I first saw this craft I believe that my heart literally stopped beating and I was terrified. The name of the OOD was Ensign Ball. The starboard lookout was an American Indian seaman that the crew called Geronimo.

The port lookout was a new man who left the sub soon after the return to Pearl Harbor and his name was Cooper. I do not remember the Captain's name nor the Chief Quartermaster's name.

This is the first time I have ever mentioned it since the moment that the Captain told me that it was classified. As far as I know it has never been reported to the public before this instant.

It should be easy to verify the facts if you can get a copy of the log and/or contact the other witnesses.

The names should not be too hard to find in the ship's records/logs. I was the port lookout. I must say that I feel a great uneasiness in posting this, much like the way I felt in Vietnam when my life was in great danger.


Apologies if any of the accounts are reposts-this thread is getting too big to check

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in