It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange UFO over Osaka Airport,Japan.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I did not mean to suggest that only a single frame was used.
In fact that is not what I said. The plane was made to appear stopped in flight.

Alas I am not able to explain what was done to freeze the plane and allow the object to move.

NO the size and distance of said object can not be proven only estimated.
Only the size, distance and speed of the plane can be proven and used as a
method to aproxmate the speed of said object .No more than anyone else could do without
the occupants of the plane seeing the object.

Would not someone in the plane, such as a pilot, notice a ballon as large as what is seen in
the film.

If a make or model was mentioned for this particular vid.cam., my memory has drawn a blank.
But I will investigate this issue.

Am I to believe that the History Channel would risk having hoaxers as a fullblown series, thrown in with all of the Investigative work done on other subjects, purely for entertainment.
Wow thats alot to lose !

[edit on 26-2-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Because it was not seen (or reported) by anyone else it does not mean it was invisible. It means it was not seen. The object passes below and behind the plane. It was probably not even visible to the flight crew or passengers (visibility behind a jet is not very good, you have to put your face up against the window to do it). If someone did see it would they rush to the authorities with a balloon siting? Did they interview the passengers of the plane, the pilot? This is a good example of the games UFO Hunters plays, what did they say? "The object was invisible to the flight crew of the plane."

There is no reason to believe it is a large object. There is no way to judge the size of the object. You assume it was large because you assume it was close to the plane. There is no reason for that assumption. It is a effect called foreshortening.

I said nothing about hoaxers. This is a case of misidentification (a very common one). The History Channel has nothing to risk by airing a program featuring an "investigation" of a video. It is the UFO Hunters' job to keep a story interesting. The could do a better job, I lost interest a while ago. They add nothing of value to any UFO investigation.

What exactly does the History Channel have to lose? Yes, entertainment.

[edit on 2/26/2009 by Phage]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Azureskys - if you've not seen it before, there's a fair few intriguing cases featured on the History Channel documentary 'Black Box Secrets':

Google Video Link

There's also this other documentary which is quite good dealing with FAA cockpit recordings:

Google Video Link

Cheers.

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thank you for the info.
I've gone into the History Channel site now and am enjoying the outstanding finds there.
The "Black Box Secrets" is very eye opening.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Thank you for the info.
I've gone into the History Channel site now and am enjoying the outstanding finds there.
The "Black Box Secrets" is very eye opening.

AS Your welcome,the Black Box documentary is an excellent one and covers some very interesting incidents- theres a great thread here about the JAL 1628 case

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
They add nothing of value to any UFO investigation.

They did a good job of collating witness testimony for this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

The shape and light in the OP (karl12) submitted video is similar to the object in the video below, the cam is really bad however so it might just be my own imagination.

[edit on 2009/5/5 by reugen]

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Report on the Osaka footage by NARCAP's Richard Haines:

www.narcap.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join