It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk troops fight UK terrorists in Afghan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

"British soldiers are engaged in "a surreal mini civil war" with growing numbers of home-grown jihadists who have travelled to Afghanistan to support the Taliban, senior Army officers have told The Independent.

Interceptions of Taliban communications have shown that British jihadists – some "speaking with West Midlands accents" – are active in Helmand and other parts of southern Afghanistan, according to briefing papers prepared by an official security agency."

"A 21-year-old Briton of Somali extraction, who had been brought up in Ealing, west London, recently blew himself up in the town of Baidoa, killing 20 people."

---

I'm shocked and apalled as to how far this brain washing has got to everyone. How a 21 year old man from London can blow himself up in some false praise to Allah, fighting the troops who are from the same country who fed them, educated them and ultimately gave them our trust.

Now these freaks are trying to kill our soldiers...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's all very messy.

British Muslims are allegedly there fighting British troops, and British troops are there fighting the Taliban.

The big question is though, if British troops are there killing natives of the country then why is it so bad for others to fly out and take the opposite side?
Neither are serving their country (adopted or otherwise) in this farce of a war.

I am also having a hard time imagining Afghan spoken with a Midlands accent.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
It's not Afghan in a midlands accent, it's English in a midlands accent.

That's what the source claims... Also it goes on to say that many of these people have taken part in training in Pakistan.

Same as the Mumbai killers, trained in Pakistan. They then either fight in Kashmir or Afghanistan...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Well not to bump my own thread, but after the 1 in 9 British people being born in another country thread and then this, am i right to be concerned?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I used to believe that all terrorism was controlled by certain *cough*agencies, but now i think home grown terror may become a problem...

I hope not.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
As this report comes from a British newspaper i would take it with a pinch of salt.Not much real evidence,just a load of hearsay.
If a 21 year old British man blew himself up in a suicide attack in afghanistan,why has he not been named in the article.
You would think the daily mail would be camped outside his parents home stirring up it's usual anti-muslim campaign by now (yes i know this was printed in the independent).
We've seen a lot of this type of reporting,i would reserve judgement until some concrete evidence is provided.
This sort of stuff feeds the intolerant mindset of middle England....

new topics

top topics

join