It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put people First!! (Demo - London - March 28th)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
www.putpeoplefirst.org.uk...

On 28th March thousands will march through London as part of a global campaign to challenge the G20, ahead of their 2nd April summit on the global financial crisis.
Even before the banking collapse, the world suffered poverty, inequality and the threat of climate chaos. The world has followed a financial model that has created an economy fuelled by ever-increasing debt, both financial and environmental.
Our future depends on creating an economy based on fair distribution of wealth, decent jobs for all and a low carbon future.
There can be no going back to business as usual.
People from all over the country will join the march on March 28

Bring forward the revolution!! This could well be the demo that kicks it all off. I know for a fact that i'll be there. Will you?

Site has fliers to print out and distribute for those interested.

We, the people, are revolting!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
shameless bump cos it's this weekend.

Come on, you want to make a change, people of England? Then live the change you want to see. We have to show those "in charge" that we won't sit back any more. Things HAVE to change, and they have to change soon.

Anyone else going to be on this protest?

I know for sure that I will be.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Even before the banking collapse, the world suffered poverty, inequality and the threat of climate chaos

Indeed. Anyone know when the world did not suffer poverty, inequality and the threat of climate chaos? I'm sure there was such a time. Was it in the Ordovician or the Silurian?

CX

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Whilst i appreciate your enthusiasm, and i totaly see why people have had enough....i fail to see how protests like these help? The peacefull protesters yes...but the ones going there with other aims in mind, it will achieve nothing.

All that will happen at these forthcoming protests is that groups will trash London and expect everything to change because of it.

Many people (not all) seem intent on going just for the hell of it, a chance to kick off against the system.

A violent protest in London will indeed bring about changes.....however i fear they will be the kind of changes that are much talked about here on ATS, and once that happen there is rarely any going back.

Keep it peacefull.

CX.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I know where you're coming from CX, these protests usually do little to change anything . (all the Anti War demos I went on, with countless thousands of others did nothing to stop the war) But I think it's very important to protest, because if nobody ever protested, because" it won't do anything" then the goverment really would just walk all over us even more than they do know. I just feel that it's important, at least to me, to get as many people on the streets as possible, chanting and just showing solidarity.

And I'll lay my last pound on this one. If it kicks off, then it'll be the police that kick it off by hoarding alot of people, into a small area, and holding them there for hours on end ( people with young kids ect) That will kick it off, or they'll just start lumping people around the head like they did at the reclaim the streets demo back in the early 90s.

It may not "do" anything directly, but we've still got to shout. We have a voice, and the louder we express it, the more people will hear the message.

CX

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I agree with your comment about having to protest, it's something that definately has to be done, so a thumbs up to you for bothering.

I think my moan is with the people who go there purely to cause chaos, wreck the place, intentionaly bring weapons to use. That to me is not needed and non-productive. Then again, thats just my opinion, and i know it varies from member to member here.

It's a difficult one. I would dearly love to see it pass of peacefully and some positive changes come about as a result...but i think we all know that is never going to happen.

Yet violence and chaos never works either, and the system still has to carry on the next day, except it will be disrupted because protesters will have wrecked the place.

What do you do?

Anyway, good luck to anyone who does attend this. Hopefully the police will deal with the protests in a professional manner. You really can't blame them for taking certin precautionary measures when they are expecting a large amount of trouble.

Anyone taking kids near a place like this, what with all the violence that has been predicted.....needs locking up anyway!

CX.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Hopefully the police will deal with the protests in a professional manner. You really can't blame them for taking certin precautionary measures when they are expecting a large amount of trouble.

the question is, why are they expecting trouble? it's an organised protest, not an organised riot, who exactly are the ones suggesting violence?

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by CX
Hopefully the police will deal with the protests in a professional manner. You really can't blame them for taking certin precautionary measures when they are expecting a large amount of trouble.

the question is, why are they expecting trouble? it's an organised protest, not an organised riot, who exactly are the ones suggesting violence?
well, wasn't it the police who have "predicted" a summer of rage?

If it happens, then we know who to blame.

I remember the first major war demo, there was a group of people bragging that they wanted it to kick off. I argued that it is an anti war demo, and thusly should be anti violence all round. using violence in a peaceful demostration about the goverment being violent, is to me, hypocritical. In the end they agreed with me!!

Obviously i don't want to get caught up in any shinanigens, but I'll be taking my scarft and hooded top to hide my face just incase it does

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
personally i believe that if you are going to be involved, you should do it openly. hiding behind a hoodie and a scarf does nothing except make you look as if you have something to hide.

i suggest you leave the scarf and hoodie at home and, while on the march, don't do anything to which you would not stand up and proudly admit.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Unfortunatly, it's not always as easy or as clear cut as that (wish it was) Simple fact of it is, the police will be there, taking pictures of everyone there. Who'll then go on some sort of "terrorist" list. That doesn't bother me that much, I'm probably on it already
But when push comes to shove, and you'v got a line of angry plod beating their truncheons against peoples heads, you don't want to be arrested/beaten. So some form of disguise can be useful for an escape plan. Last resort, obviously, but I've been down this road before, and it's not very pleasant. Air on the side of caution, at all times when dealing with the police.

CX

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Maybe they learnt from every other protest of this kind?

Could you honestly say that if the police just stood there and kept quiet.....there would be no trouble from certain groups there?

I don't think for a minute this is just the police suggesting there will be trouble. I'm not saying they always help the situation, but look at the history, theres always groups intent on causing chaos and who is going to deal with that if not the police.

Take a look at past protests and tell me that the police are not wihin their rights to pre-empt trouble?

I say again, i'm not on the side of the police here, nor the protesters that turn up intent on causing trouble, but there does seem to be a pattern with these protests.

CX.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reminds me of a protest song lyric from yesteryear that goes "there's people carrying signs and they all say horay for our side" or something similar.

honestly, the cops are doing no-one any favours by preparing for or predicting trouble. it supposed to be a general march, the police are as effected by the issues as anyone else and should be there to ensure the protesters are able to protest unimpeaded.

as for your excuses for hiding behind a mask acidtastic, the simple truth is no-one ever changed things for the better while wearing a mask. if you wish to change things you need to actually do something, sacrifice, work and strive.

excuses about being beaten or arrested are bull feces, if you don't believe in something enough to stand up and say so publicly and proudly regardless of the consequences, shut up and sit down. it's just that simple.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Just got back home, it was a nice, well attended, peacful demo. Police reckon 35000 there, but they always under go it, so you can double that.

Pictures and stuff to follow once I've recouperated.

new topics

top topics

join