It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush Plans a World Lecture Tour - Europe, Asia and Canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
George W. Bush is going to try his hand at the "speaking/lectures" way of making money traveling the world. Since he is so "eloquent" in speaking, I am sure he will do well.

His first engagement is in Canada with 1500 invited guest on March 17th, where no journalist will be allowed.

link to article: www.guardian.co.uk...

Despite 2008 approval ratings of just 19% among Europeans - significantly lower even than his almost unprecedented ratings at home - the former president plans several speaking engagements in Europe and Asia over the course of the next year, according to his advisors, though they did not reveal which countries were involved. The appearances will be part of a tour involving at least 10 events at home and abroad,

At a two-hour lunch event on March 17, described as "a conversation with George W Bush", the 43rd president will address 1,500 invited guests - and emphatically no journalists - at the invitation of the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.

The Calgary fee is a secret, although the Canadian agency involved did reportedly pay Bill Clinton $150,000 for a similar engagement three years ago.

My first question is, what are people willing to spend, to "hear" George Bush speak? Since he is so well known for his speaking abilities, will he be paid even more than Bill Clinton?

Even former presidents have only a relatively brief window of time in which to develop a lucrative reputation on the lecture circuit, said Wesley Neff, president of the Leigh Bureau, which represents the economists Paul Krugman and Nouriel Roubini, as well as Hillary Clinton's former chief strategist, Mark Penn.

The first president Bush followed a strategy of "make as much money as possible as quickly as possible," Neff said, but longevity on the circuit - especially in a slow economy - depends on offering a relevant message. "If [Bush] chooses to just tell war stories, I don't think there's going to be much demand."

The ex-president's success in the world of publishing seems equally uncertain at the moment. He is reportedly working on a book, but no deal has been announced - unlike in the case of Rice, who recently agreed a $2.5m deal for three memoirs, or Laura Bush, who got a $2m advance.

So, he needs to act fast - from my understanding to get a "lecture tour" going, while people still want to hear him speak.

Considering his popularity around the world, I can just imagine how "sought" after he will be and how companies will be willing to pay him enourmous speaking fees.

Shame no journalist will be allowed, I would just love to hear his first speech and how the words just flow from his mouth into a well delivered lecture.

Yeah, I can see people paying thousands of dollars to hear him for an hour......................

[edit on 25-2-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Stand ready with your shoes in your hands and not on your feet

2nd line

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skittle

There might be fliers about the lectures saying "No shoes allowed, please leave all shoes at the door, socked feet only".

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Skittle

There might be fliers about the lectures saying "No shoes allowed, please leave all shoes at the door, socked feet only".

Mmm, that may cause a biohazard for Georgie.

Linea Secundaris.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Well the reality is, if people are paying to hear him deliver a wonderful eloquent speech, I guess they wouldn't be throwing shoes at him. That is probably why they won't allow any press in them.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Wow this is awesome, first of all who the h### want's to hear and crap from this tool, also isn't he making himself a much easier to hit target?? Hey cool do it, make as many public speaking engagements as possible hopfully the individual will be a good shot or seated close to the stage.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Guess he wanted to practice today. He surprised a college sophmore class by showing up at a lecture today.

Link: firedoglake.com...

A political science class at Southern Methodist University received a surprise visit Tuesday from an expert on the topic: former President George W. Bush.

Bush popped in on professor Harold Stanley's introduction to American government and politics class Tuesday morning. Stanley said he knew Bush was coming, but he did not tell his students.

"He talked about how political leaders are often suspected of making decisions according to the latest opinion polls," Stanley said. "His point was that you can't do it that way. You have to do it according to your principles, and he hopes that is how he comes to be understood."

Courtney O’Callaghan, sophomore journalism and advertising double major, said, “Congratulations on your new library.” Bush responded, “It should be a cool place.”

Yeah, he will do just great on a lecture tour.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Let us prey someone either has the balls to great George the way he Greated Iraqi's.
Let us prey someone has the balls to dislodge that smirk with a size 12 Doc Martin.
Let us prey a nation has the guts to arrest him for warcrimes
Let us prey while he is away, the United states brings into Law banning GW Bush from returning to the country, as he is in no way fit to be considered an American citizen.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Clinton spoke here a few weeks ago. He was at our hockey rink. They said he got 5500 people at 100.00 a pop. You do the math. I'm in N.B. Canada. Not that big of a city.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ground-breaking for the George W. Bush Presidential Center, Southern Methodist University campus, Dallas, Texas

THE BUSH CENTER website

My interest in this story about the ground-breaking for the Bush Center, library and archive is as a supporter of Condoleezza Rice who is to head up the board of the Bush Institute, a distinct and privately funded part of the Bush Center.

Accordingly, I am reporting on the appearance of Condoleezza Rice at the ground-breaking ceremony event for the Bush Center on November 16, 2010.

YouTube - Condoleezza Rice pursues women's issues and global health with new Bush Institute

All Peter Dow's Condi videos

WFAA - TV reports on the ground breaking event for the new George W. Bush Presidential Center at the Southern Methodist University Campus, Dallas, Texas.

"and that healthy societies are more likely to be partners in peace and in prosperity" - Secretary Condoleezza Rice

"and I believe that the ultimate responsibility of a leader is to not do what is easy or popular but to do what is necessary and right" - President George W. Bush.

"free political systems require the insights of women in government, journalism and the law" - First Lady Laura Bush.

Image of Condoleezza Rice, George Bush, Laura Bush & Dick Cheney

Image of George kissing Condi.

www.georgewbushcenter.com...

The George W. Bush Institute works to unleash human potential through our focus on education reform, global health, human freedom, and economic growth. All our programs engage women and social entrepreneurs as proven agents of change in society. Our work focuses on turning big ideas into practical, measurable solutions for pressing public problems.

Efforts of the Institute are guided by the founding principles of freedom, opportunity, responsibility and compassion.

The Bush Institute draws upon the unique ability of President and Mrs. Bush to convene, spotlight and inspire.

Our primary Areas of Engagement include:
  • Education Reform
  • Global Health
  • Human Freedom
  • Economic Growth

Each area includes a focus on:
  • Social Entrepreneurship
  • The Women's Initiative

Rice for President Yahoo Group

edit on 19-11-2010 by Mr Peter Dow because: to correct the code for the video

edit on 19-11-2010 by Mr Peter Dow because: the external image links need a text description

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

yeah he does talk funny for someone who doesn't use a teleprompter.
I'm sure a successful business man wouldn't have anything to talk about.
It's funny how such an idiot completed two terms and still has the brass to lecture despite his obvious speech impediment. He must be pretty dumb to think he'll even sell one book or finish a lecture with out crying for his mommy and running out of the room. I bet this is just a trick to embarrass him in front of an audience for not speaking the queens english.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Stand ready with your shoes in your hands and not on your feet

2nd line

Lol.

I am sure the murderer will have many a person show up aying laods to see him. There is a fasination with murderers in society, and there energy.

Who cares what he says.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh great.
We could call the show the Haniball Lectures.
Could we get Anthony Hopkins to do Bush instead?
At least he can complete sentences, (well other then death sentences )
As someone who ordered torture, lied about it, and then jailed the people who followed his orders.
I don't think he should be allowed into our Country.

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well he's in good company up here. A past PM of ours:

:shk:

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Shoes at the door...
No prob.
If I throw one of my crispy work socks at him, he be goin' down...
heh heh
the top is still kinda elastic so they work like a sling shot
Socked him.

(with the holy sock no less)

At least Cretien is hillarious, and actually makes sence occasionlly.
Maybe instead of a sock we could get Jean to give George the ol shawinigan handshake
edit on 20-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It would be interesting to see if he's able to travel around the world freely. I would think that W is taking a risk leaving US territory, because there's a possibility he could get picked up in another country for war crimes, now that he's outright admitted that he sanctioned waterboarding.

Were that to occur? Well... it couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

top topics

join