It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Need Money

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can program software programs, i use my own tools and next month
(hopefully) i will share a client/server engine for anyone to use for
free.

What u guys need? Im paying it forward

[]´s
RP

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

I had a platform worked out very similar to myspace. Although limited. We need a point system of somekind or physical "money" for lack of a better word. We would require each member to submit legal identification before trading and recieving their free points. That should make our system difficult to manipulate. After that you can post your products and services with a point value established for each item or service. You would also post any additional terms and conditions. Then a member would use points to pay for your services or products, giving you points to spend wherever you want. The ads of course would handle the revenue and upkeep of the site. Other than that, we are legally trading so there are no other tax issues to worry about. It is totally legal.

So would you be able to develop a system for points and also rating other users?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
A society based on favours and not money would cause several problems. People would value their favours as being more worth then the favours/goods they receive in return.

For example a doctor saving a mans life. The man would then offer the doctor 5 carrots and a gallon of milk. Would the doctor be satisfied? Most likely not, and the people not being able to 'pay enough service in return' would be denied certain services given to themselves.

The system won't change. Doesn't matter if it's done with goods, services or money

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Beltha]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Beltha]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Beltha

Well it is up to you to trade with and who you don't. It would be the same as going to the mall and shopping with money. Only it would happen on the internet instead.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Money is fine, banks and fiat money are not. Im totally for a world of people working happily together for the benefit of living free and prosperously, yet into this equation comes possibilites. And the possibilities for a no money system to work right now ar so low because of world filled with evil intent criminal losers trying hard to make the world theirs in an electronic cage.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InterWeb

Yes, we are not recruiting at this point and from the looks of it recruitment will not be a problem. We are addressing the economy with a possible solution and figuring a way to make it work.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
reply to post by InterWeb

Yes, we are not recruiting at this point and from the looks of it recruitment will not be a problem. We are addressing the economy with a possible solution and figuring a way to make it work.

I was thinking more of a local tradeoff systems, where you put what you
can do (help to fix something x,y,z) or have (e.g a big garden with x,y,z and 't' eggs) and the city you are, and the things you need..... when you search, an other person who want what you can share and have what you need will appear on your list...

simple as that.... after the transaction we can give or not a star of
recomendation (like you are a good person)...

let the system evolve through needs.

What you think? I can post some prototype forms here to
display what im saying..

Off course, completely open source...

[]´s
RP

[edit on 25-2-2009 by RobertPaulsim]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
so we build these communities beautiful and great, but all the more to be taken over?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Sounds good. This platform of which I speak will allow cerain modifications I am sure. I am typically good with the front end coding and design but typically get lost in the back end stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I know how to play limit hold-em . I also know how to get drunk. Don't know if these are tradeable.

Also, a telepath. Very good sender. OK to receive/retrieve stuff.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hum... we have a windows server with an open port and
terminal server installed? or... should we discuss how it will be the
basic software?

should we open a thread on "survival" for people put in what they
need?

[]´s
RP

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thats a good idea, though we also need to know what other services people could offer in exchange. There is no such thing as too much research.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

I guess if you wanted to use the system to make bets anything is possible. If your a beer drinker maybe you would be interested in brewing up some home brew and selling it online? Just a thought. I had a homebrew kit it works quite nicely. It's called Mr. Beer.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by 12.21.12]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well as far as the electricity, there are solar generators. Just a thought. Why dont we start this off by setting a date NOT TO BUY ANYTHING!!! Those viral e-mails tend to work a bit. Make sure everyone has gas, food, etc the day before, and just prove how much control we have! The Fed is going to crash. Its just a matter of time, then comes martial law, and i am not going to just sit and wait for it.

As far as networking, we need to get people in our own ccommunities together. Inform all your friends, family and coworkers about what is happening. Of course there are going to be naysayers but so what, you tried! Anyone who joins you can hopefully rely on when SHTF. Everyone should start geting your food supply up - basic necessaties. Something to start a fire. There are plenty of animals where i live, learn to hunt! Once martial law comes that is the problem. With the NWO comes depopulation aka death to 90 percent of America. LETS DO THIS! this is possible

My skills for trade - Can speak spanish, cook, hunt, protect, someone to talk to, produce music (dont know if that will help too much), drive, paint and illustrate, and write.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

Yes that would be a great viral marketing technique. I like the way you think.

There will still be a need for advertising. So music production or any other art form could definitely work to your advantage.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

i have been thinking of this for a while. i can produce music for anything, any genre. If you want to collaborate on a chain e-mail, lets do it. set the date in about 2 weeks or so. enough time for people to get paid, get what they need, and not purchase anything! this could make a HUGE dent. i dont see how we couldnt get almost every ATS'er to do it, let alone their family, and some of their friends, and so on. We can make the e-mail a thread here and get it to the main page everyday for the next two weeks. what do ya think?

*this is just to get the ball rolling. We NEED to start the trading system asap as well.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by ziggyproductions05]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I would want the site up before we do any promoting. Just so that we are not running with our tails between our legs at the last minute. But that sounds very good. Maybe we can also get some proffessional artists to support this and really get the ball rolling.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i believe in the concept and would like to help. at the moment looking for work so i don't have much time available, but once i get it sorted you can count me in!

S&F

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

well im not that great at creating web sites, but if you want to get something up and any way i can help i will. just tell me what you need and im more than willing to help and do everything i can!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join