It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Don't Need Money

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I can help you get what you need.

All we need is a good network.

I am good at many things including video, animation, web design, graphic design. What do you need? What can you give me in exchange? I can do this free of charge. All I need is a good bartering system/network.

So theres a site called ATS, for people like myself. Sounds like a good place to start. Lets get to work.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
so whats exactly are you proposing here?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tankthinker
so whats exactly are you proposing here?

Full fledged revolution. To show the governments that we no longer care for them or need them. We are perfectly capable of taking care of ourselves. They need us.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
WE ALL KNOW THE FEDS GONNA CRASH. Fear it is an opportunity for them. But the FED crashing is an opportunity for us. Because we don't need what they have. Whats it gonna be? Are you gonna accept more worthless money?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
That's the way to go....
We can do, have whatever we desire........without this banking and political system above our heads!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I totally agree with you.

The problem is co-ordinating everyone and I see that as a huge difficulty.

Here in NZ we already have a barter system - only on a small basis though.

I think that if people could be persuaded to do this, it would be brilliant. The world functioned in this way before money was invented.

Who actually invented money, with all its attendant evils?

Good for you!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
While I wouldnt want ATS to be our foundation for a cashless society. It is a great place to network. We could set up a social networking site that is dedicated to operating off of minimal amounts of money, those amounts would only pay foradvertising and website maintenance/revenue. The rest of the social networking site could be dedicated to oferring services for trade, not cash.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i personally think money is an invaluable commodity, just not the type we have now since it isnt backed by anything and is controlled by the banks,

also do you realize that you would be disrupting a system that people are strive and are addicted to

they choose ignorance

in the words of our good friend Morpheus "You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it."

your trying to fight a losing battle my friend

ATS member alone wont be enough, neither would all the people of the U.S.A. because no matter how you many people you have they control the nukes

its a lost cause if you want to be safe go into the mountaisn and live off the land is my suggestion to you

good luck anyways

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

whats to it? other than setting up a social networking site like myspace that is dedicated only to a cashless society. thats the beauty of it. Currently MySpace has 258,126,949 registered members. the NWO belongs to those who take control of the situation. The NWO is ours. The elites can be your little piggies if you want. The opportunity is here.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
And just because we don't like the FED we will tax the hell out of the Rothschilds and similar money changers to insure that they get every bit of their own medicine that they truly are deserving of.

Just kidding though. Because thats the problem with our society only the poor get taxed. So instead of taxing them, you could not trade with them and they would starve because of the work of their own hands and cruelty that was spawned from their own greed and lust for power.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
OK, but I still think it would be difficult - what about trust? That is a commodity that is rare.

And what about getting down to basic stuff in communities like I will fill your car if you... plant my garden, babysit my kids, give me food etc etc etc.

Actually, we shouldn't drive cars, therefore we don't need all that expensive stuff that goes with them..

Unfortunately, I don't think we can take the world back to a simpler state.

Discoveries and inventions are all very well, but they have removed us from our roots - literally in and of the earth.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
ah well. What is the greatest religious teaching of all? Love. Love is not religion though.

Love is caring for those around you. Your friends, your family and your community. Money is wrong. I am an artist, my neighbors are carpenters, farmers and doctors. We all would make excellent companions and not to metion we care about each other and we care for each others children because we are human and that is community. What we have (taking care of us) is dictators who don't care.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
A barter system is definately a good resolve to the monetary system. But the problem is that I dont think the utility companies and telecom companies would go for that.

What good is video/audio/graphics/website design gonna do when the power is turned off and the ISP service is cut off?

The world wont be "business as usual" when SHTF and people are trading items for survival.

In such a scenario, someone with the skills to teach another how to make a hunting bow, clean a fish, make clothing, make shelter, heal illnesses with natural erbs, those things would be of more barter value IMO.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
A barter system is definately a good resolve to the monetary system. But the problem is that I dont think the utility companies and telecom companies would go for that.

What good is video/audio/graphics/website design gonna do when the power is turned off and the ISP service is cut off?

The world wont be "business as usual" when SHTF and people are trading items for survival.

In such a scenario, someone with the skills to teach another how to make a hunting bow, clean a fish, make clothing, make shelter, heal illnesses with natural erbs, those things would be of more barter value IMO.

Cheers!!!!

No Problem...we all reserve our own PERSONAL RIGHT to not trade with them, that is if they do not comply with our PERSONAL terms of compliance. They will starve to death. The corporations will die.

We will become Jesus, only we will not bastardize it and turn it into a business.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Im so happy this sight exists, bartering and community is the answer to a true economy.
im so happy for the future.
WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER PEOPLE!!!
i will see you all on the road ahead.
remember the cry.
FREEEEEEEEDDDDOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
what a glorious day it will be.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Bartering worked pretty well during the Soviet Union, but I can't imagine many Russians would want to return to those 'happy' times. Money was of little use back then, but that certainly didn't mean the Soviet Union was a classless society.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12
What do you need?

Well, I've got a kink in my neck that needs to be rubbed out. But that's beyond your expertise.

What can you give me in exchange?

Well, I'm not good for anything else other than cooking and cleaning. So that means I need MONEY to barely get by with some basic needs, like food, clothing and shelter.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
You are so lucky - and I think you could really make it work in your community - unfortunately it won't work in larger communities, or it will be more difficult. You just have to get the larger consciousness to accept it but sadly a lot of people are just into greed etc.

And I am all over ATS saying Jesus is Love - and I will keep on saying it until the day I die.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Hey, cooking and cleaning is great. You could trade those skills - and they ARE skills, for whatever you need

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Bartering would be the ONLY option in a transitional phase away from a localized currency collapse..

but eventually the only REAL efficient method of accounting for time and energy is a literal thermoeconomic currency system.. a measure of wealth based on the ability to use energy in the most efficient method possible, to transform resources into goods and services.

ie: Energy Accounting

but then again in order to manifest that completely, you'd have to amalgamate local currencies under broader and broader geographical umbrellas.. unti l they all unite, resulting in one remaining currency...
and then transferring that currency out of gold-backed prominence.. into actual un-savable, unearnable, equally distributed digital credits.

your worst nightmare as it's been fear mongered into seeming to be?

or your most unknowingly desirable chance of functioning and achieving our greatest potential with as little inefficiency as possible?

( Canadian + U.S. dollars + Mexican Peso ) = Amero

( Amero + Euro + other Union Currencies ) = Post-Change World Phoenix

( Post-Change World Phoenix + The "Chip" ) = The Monad

BEHOLD... The Monad Currency...

whine all you want.. it's the only logical step towards completely efficient human economics.
human collaborative effort = the "beast" ..
demonize that title all you want.. I've yet to see how "the beast" is something scary or negative.
We humans ARE, after all an intellectual "animal"...
extrapolate that to a civilization level.. and we're a "beast"

and "beasts" ... need taming.. and careful creative cultivating...not enraging into psychotic states... through.. fear mongering.

but yeah.. bartering will be necessary during any transition where a properly working economic system is collapsed.. or not implemented..... yet.

-

[edit on 25-2-2009 by prevenge]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join