It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an underground base outside of Ft. Huachuca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Years ago I was stationed at Ft. Huachuca, AZ. There was an incident once involving myself, and a few friends while out horseback riding. I had apparently stumbled on to a place that I was not supposed to be. I have searched a few times for this place on maps.google.com, to no avail...

However I did find this...It does appear to be an underground entry point, with adjacent living quarters, and what I can only guess is a detention center! Check out these coordinates in google maps- 31.576201, -110.406826. I believe those are buses outside of the building... And if you follow the dirt road south you hit what looks like a cordoned off, detention area

South and west of the building with the buses is what I think would be the living quarters for the employees/families of the underground facility.

The reason I think underground facility, or at least entry point, is that seems like alot of buses. More so than that building should be able to hold by capacity. North and west there are some other buildings, with parking lots, some with air strips...all out in the desert.

Maybe this is nothing, maybe this is a secret entry point missed by the air brush, maybe this is the folks that create pet rocks...who knows. Just thought I would point out some of the happenings going on in the out-of-reach areas!

Thoughts anyone?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I've checked that out with you and me thinks you may be on to something...Even if it's not sinister, at least it's interesting.

S/F for you

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The buses look like sea containers to me.

The "detention centre" is buffalo corral riding stables

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Although this is the home of the "Buffalo Soldiers", I don't know that I agree with the buffalo corrals idea. I don't see any buffalo anywhere on the map...or proper grazing grass, or even any chute gates, cattle troughs, etc...

I also don't believe I am too familiar with "sea containers"?

Are you referring to cargo containers, like on cargo ships? Or maybe P.O.D.S.?

Not discounting...just not agreeing...thanks for your post

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

It's for horses, not buffalo.

Yeah I meant shipping containers, same difference

Just to clarify, I'm assuming the buildings to the south you mentioned are these ones?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b21fa71f00ca.jpg[/atsimg]

www.mwrhuachuca.com...

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I was stationed there, what a country club

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well now...that is interesting. Riding stable you say. After looking into this a bit farther, I may agree that is what this is.

The interesting thing that jumps out at me is that if these are the stables that we got the horses from(I don't think so...but it was 12 years ago)...then the large compound south, at coordinates 31.557717, -110.429517, may be the installation I stumbled across, and subsequently was detained several hours for stumbling across. Again, this does not have all of the factors I remember, but it is "generally" close.

I was not trying the semantics game, I was just trying to clarify is "sea containers" were the same as cargo containers...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IntelRetard

Yeah...it was a pretty nice base huh?...

Did you see any UAV's...or UFO's. I saw plenty, of both...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in.

Ft. Huachuca is the base where most of all the training for military intelligence takes place. This includes UAV operations, counter-intelligence, interrogation, etc.

It only makes sense that there may be places on the base where people in civilian clothes would not be welcome (which i assume you were, since you say you were riding horseback).

Being that it was years ago, perhaps you stumbled upon a building where some of the first UAV's were being developed, tested, or stored. Since then it was a technology that was still highly guarded, it makes sense that we wouldn't want anyone just riding up to take a look.

again, just my 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

Oh yes...I am sure that you are probably pretty close, but it still was not a time I would recommend to friends. Yes I was in civies, as riding nude would have garnered attention before I left the stables

Yes I believe the M.I. training is a direct influence on the level of aggression that was taken. I was an M.I. student at the time, and that status was threatened a time or two, but nothing ever came from it. I was however detained for around 6 hours before being released to my Sr. Drill, and C.O., along with 2 jr. NCO's with the MP's, and the Provost Marshall.

I never did see the facilities as I never made it past the first set of fences...in fact I was reading the "don't go any further lest ye wanna die" sign(not verbatim)...

Actually, it was a standard that if we saw any UAV we were supposed to report them...I figured it was for adjustments to the training for the individual controlling them.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by daddymax]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddymax
reply to post by sandman692

Oh yes...I am sure that you are probably pretty close, but it still was not a time I would recommend to friends. Yes I was in civies, as riding nude would have garnered attention before I left the stables

What I meant was that you wouldn't be riding horseback in your uniform, unless you're like... I dunno.. a new age Godiva or something.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

Didn't you post this awhile back? If not either someone had a very close experience regarding the horseback riding etc. I will try and find the post if it wasn't you and if not im having a hell of a dejavu!! If it was a diff poster might be some nice validation for ya.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Fort Huachuca IS an underground base. I've worked there for a few years.

There's all sorts of underground facilities that many civilian techs have worked in, underground sonic/electromag weapons labs, an anechoic chamber big enough to hover a longbow heli inside, and a hole in the side of the mountain big enough to fly blackhawks through to the inside LZ.

Behind the KC12 "boneyard" across from taxiway C, and behind the defuel pad area there's a narrow canyon. I saw 2 blackhawks make false traffic calls on CTAF, and instead of landing "main ramp for hangar 1" they hovered over MR in front of 1, then slid down the parallell taxiway, between the defuel pad and the boneyard, and up into the canyon. They disappeared INTO the canyon, and didn't return, nor climb out of the canyon.

Also the UAV guys have what's called the "black tower" to the northwest of the airfield, it's a self contained airport with lots of security, and in the past several years they've really expanded the facility there with new classrooms for virtual pilots, and hangar/maintenance/support facilities.

There are definitely some strange things that fly in and out of LAAF at night, if you watch the skies to the west of the airfield, you'll see what's out there.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

Yes I have made mention of this event several times...not sure as to which post you saw, so I don't know if you got the overall story, or the entirety of the experience, but overall I do not recommend riding through the desert...for fun. Basically, do not take your rented trail horses off of the trails and you should be fine...not "you", just in general...

Thanks for your reply

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

Yep...I don't know it as "black tower", but I know of what you are referring to I believe. I was training at Ft. Huachuca in the mid 90's, and was stuck on a holdover status for 9 months after I graduated AIT. I was attached to the MP unit there, and worked directly with the D.o.D. officers there. I pulled a #load of guard duty, but sometimes got opportunities to head out, through the desert, out West Gate...some odd stuff. Now as I have a Top Secret clearance, I cannot go into too much, but I do know about the UAV's, and other M.I. tools that are available.

Thanks for your post...did you see the pic's. Can you clarify if those are containers, or transports? They do look like those damn buses that run all over Ft. Huachuca, and through Sierra Vista. Are you still there? U2U me if you wanna B.S.

top topics

join