It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comments on Obama's Speech to Congress, Feb. 25?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
AP article on the speech, somewhat critical:

apnews.myway.com...

WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama knows Americans are unhappy that the government could rescue people who bought mansions beyond their means.

But his assurance Tuesday night that only the deserving will get help rang hollow.

Even officials in his administration, many supporters of the plan in Congress and the Federal Reserve chairman expect some of that money will go to people who used lousy judgment.

The president skipped over several complex economic circumstances in his speech to Congress - and may have started an international debate among trivia lovers and auto buffs over what country invented the car.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

UUUUHHHHHH Dude...............Americans did not invent the automobile.............

Henry Ford invented the assembly line..................

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Yeah! Great propaganda speech! but!....

The automobile as we know it, is a German invention!

1885 - Karl Benz built an automobile powered by an Otto gasoline engine. He received a patent in the 1886 for the same. Mr. Benz is generally credited with the invention of the modern automobile.

I've already pointed out his mistake about the transcontinental railroad too. People in power (like presidents) generally have fact-checkers to confirm their statements. Maybe Obama put in some of these ideas too late for the assistant speechwriters to see them.

Both mistakes are relatively trivial. He still made his points.

BTW: I don't think his address was propaganda only. Many of these ideas are already being implemented. He's serious about his goals.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Injustice for All
How much time was consumed to clapping?

In my neck of the woods... Its not what you say, its what you do.

I agree with you completely on that second line.
But in my neck of the woods - when a man says he's going to do something, with that much conviction, you wait to see if he succeeds or fails before the gossiping begins.

Don't wanna be caught with your foot in your mouth.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
I was optimistic that Obama would help this country but when he passed the Stimulus Bill

This is a non-partisan question and i mean that very honestly.

If you can't answer, or if you agree with my side of this question, hey thats cool too:

Why is it "okay" to give Iraqi's a trillion dollar investment (currently at 600 billion i believe) but is projected to end much higher

but its "not okay" to give the same, or BETTER, to Americans?

I don't care who "started it"
I don't care who "is to blame"

What i want is my 401k investments back.
I want my GGP stock to go back up in the 40 dollar mark

It probably never will. But.

Does that mean we set on our butts and continue shipping our dollar overseas?

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

Originally posted by Tentickles
I was optimistic that Obama would help this country but when he passed the Stimulus Bill

This is a non-partisan question and i mean that very honestly.

If you can't answer, or if you agree with my side of this question, hey thats cool too:

Why is it "okay" to give Iraqi's a trillion dollar investment (currently at 600 billion i believe) but is projected to end much higher

but its "not okay" to give the same, or BETTER, to Americans?

I don't care who "started it"
I don't care who "is to blame"

What i want is my 401k investments back.
I want my GGP stock to go back up in the 40 dollar mark

It probably never will. But.

Does that mean we set on our butts and continue shipping our dollar overseas?

600 + to Iraqies is not okay

I'm all for giving the same or more to Americans. The only thing is we won't get it.

Both are lose, lose situation.

Anyways, Great speech. Lets see if he backs it up or if it was just an aerobics class for Pelosi.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join