learn more

This might be Nibiru.... makes more sense than the other garbage

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Why hasn't anyone POSTED ON THIS

en.wikipedia.org

Well I think I found 'nibiru' it matches the orbit, and it does come close to earth's orbit, and it has a planet which has also been said to be a super earth.

the gaseous planet does give off heat, and has a 'moon' which circulates it in orbit.

This could actually be Nibiru, look at the facts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

upload.wikimedia.org... (the idiot who made this did a typo)

[edit on 24-2-2009 by DoctorLaVey666]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
For the love of God and for everyones sanity could you please retitle this thread to accurately reflect the contents of this thread? I am actually a little angry. strange...

edit: I always like an science related wiki link so that was interesting but as soon as I saw the word niburu my temper rose because with all the real problems we have it sickens me the amount of time and energy being wasted on dwelling on doom and gloom. We need everyone conscious now. We will bring about our own catastrophe because we were distracted by false nightmares.

Peace out

[edit on 2/24/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

You aint speakin for me.

Can he not title it what he wants as he feels this hasn't been mentioned?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorLaVey666

Why hasn't anyone POSTED ON THIS

en.wikipedia.org

Well I think I found 'nibiru' it matches the orbit, and it does come close to earth's orbit, and it has a planet which has also been said to be a super earth.

the gaseous planet does give off heat, and has a 'moon' which circulates it in orbit.

This could actually be Nibiru, look at the facts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

It's 50 light-years away.
How is that "close" to earth's orbit?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
....jesus I didnt even finish the article.... and you already replied!

look at the orbit..... it appears to me that it ORBITS our solar system.....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
umm are you retarded? I posted the orbit.... IT DOES COME CLOSE TO EARTHS ORBIT.

here are the facts, here is the information, its up for debate, please try to debunk this as it fits too perfectly read the information before dismissing it as a hoax.

I first had my attention brought to this ages ago, now I did the study.

I am a skeptic, but in order to be a skeptic, you need to do your research.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
HA!! They are saying that the two solar systems are similar in where the planets orbit similar sized stars. Read the whole thing again and you will see.
It's awesome that you called that guy retarded.

[edit on 2/24/09 by stikkinikki]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

....jesus I didnt even finish the article.... and you already replied!

look at the orbit..... it appears to me that it ORBITS our solar system.....

If you are talking about the illustration, it's a comparison to our system:
"The orbits of the outer three planets in the Mu Arae system compared to those in our solar system. Central star is not to scale. At the scale of this picture, the innermost planet would be located at the edge of the disc representing the central star."

Are you seeing something else there?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Allow me to help you understand the content of the wikipedia page you posted as your sole source of any research whatsoever without even understanding what it meant..

I am a stickler for having my beans together and doing in-depth research.. So please excuse my inability to contain my profuse vomiting and overall disdain with this thread....

First of all,
A light year is not a length of time.. It is a standard unit of distance commonly used in astronomy and cosmology to put extremely huge distances into some form of comprehensible perspective (even though it really doesn't). A light year is the distance light travels in a year which is about 5.9 trillion miles..Because light travels over 186,000 miles per second..

This is an "extrasolar" planet because the planet orbits a star other than our own sun. So, very basically, The term "extrasolar" simply means "orbiting a star other than our sun". (i.e... incomprehensibly far from here and nowhere near our solar system).

Why you would say this orbit comes even close to our solar system is beyond any form of common logic. First of all, we discovered this planet orbiting an extremely distant star some 50 light years from earth..(around 295 trillion miles away because I'm not too bad when it comes to using a standard calculator). i'll say that again.. It orbits its parent star 50 light years away.. Since it is a planet orbiting a parent star, the planet travels around the parent star in a semi-constant orbit just like earth orbits our sun or the moon orbits earth. The planets orbit does NOT come close to earth by any means whatsoever.

The following is why the word "Nibiru" actually refers to the planet Jupiter in ancient babylonian myth..

en.wikipedia.org...

Nibiru, in the Babylonian poem Enuma Elish, associated with the god Marduk, generally accepted as referring to the planet Jupiter.

en.wikipedia.org...

The planet Jupiter has been known since ancient times. It is visible to the naked eye in the night sky and can occasionally be seen in the daytime when the sun is low. To the Babylonians, this object represented their god Marduk. They used the roughly 12-year orbit of this planet along the ecliptic to define the constellations of their zodiac.

en.wikipedia.org...

Nibiru, to the Babylonians, was the celestial body or region sometimes associated with the god Marduk.

The still hypothethical planet many refer to as "Nibiru" has no direct evidence of existing at all.. And if such a planet does exist it will be a barren, frozen wasteland.

The only reason this kind of "Planet Nibiru" theorizing it is commonly accepted as pseudoscience is because people take such wild theories of such mysterious worlds and make all kinds of really nutty assumptions based on other nutty assumptions. And then people read this material knowing absolutely nothing about astronomy in the first place, and then those people make wild assumptions and theories based on already existing craziness because they believe every word of it..

-ChriS

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
OK So if your telling me Juipiter is Nibiru...... please tell me why its not a giant ball of fire with reptillian monsters crawling out of it?

well you cant blame me for trying, anyway, who knows this planet might actually have life on it since NASA has discovered water is more common than previously thought. "there' s no water on mars..... holy $#!T its snowing!"

[edit on 25-2-2009 by DoctorLaVey666]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

OK So if your telling me Juipiter is Nibiru...... please tell me why its not a giant ball of fire with reptillian monsters crawling out of it?

well you cant blame me for trying, anyway, who knows this planet might actually have life on it since NASA has discovered water is more common than previously thought. "there' s no water on mars..... holy $#!T its snowing!"

[edit on 25-2-2009 by DoctorLaVey666]

I'm not even saying Jupiter is Nibiru though. I'm simply saying that the word Nibiru derives from ancient babylonian myths in which Nibiru was probably referring to the planet Jupiter (at least it is commonly accepted that it was). And that people use the word without even knowing what it means..

The reason Jupiter is not a "burning ball of fire" is basically because Jupiter does not have enough mass to initiate nuclear fusion within its core. A long time ago, Our sun did. This mass created enormous gravitational and electromagnetic forces within the star which heated up elements in its core and crushed matter together under immense force. Eventually the force and heat becomes so immense that lighter elements fuse into heavier ones through a process called nuclear fusion (which basically is the engine that runs our sun today by burning off hydrogen and helium).

The smallest stars we know of are 80 times more massive than jupiter (and mass does not necessarily have anything to do with overall size). So if Jupiter was 80 times more massive, it would probably eventually initiate sustained nuclear reactions in its core and become a star. It just doesn't have the mass required to do it.

Water seems to be extremely common in our solar system only it usually exists in an ice state. The outer planets of our solar system might have liquid water in some form but it would most likely be ice melted through geothermal processes.

Jupiter's moon Europa, for example. It looks like a frozen chunk of ice.. But we know that Jupiter's forces on the moon are probably immense and that this could possibly create deep ocean vents and possibly even sub-surface volcanic activity which would all melt ice and create water. In fact we know Europa probably has liquid water beneath its surface because where cracks have formed on Europa's surface, they have filled in with liquid water and re-frozen. We know that entire ecosystems can sustain themselves on this kind of heat on earth without any photosynthesis or any energy from the sun.. These deep ocean ecosystems on earth are made possible by bacteria and other organisms creating their own version of photosynthesis using the heat and energy created by these deep ocean vents. The same could be going on elsewhere in the solar system. We have no way of knowing at this point.

Jupiter alone is an extremely violent planet. Much more violent than most people realize. You would basically liquify under Jupiter's gravity.. If you could even stand on its surface at all (which you can't). The core of jupiter is covered by a perpetual, 1000km layer of clouds which commonly reach speeds of 100 meters per second and sometimes much higher. What lies beneath the clouds is an enormous ocean of liquid and metallic hydrogen hundreds of thousands of miles deep. Pressures and temperatures beneath the cloud layer would kill any lifeforms existing on earth.. Not to say life didn't somehow find a way. It's just extremely unlikely. Life on earth has had millions of years to evolve and create organisms capable of withstanding some of the harshest conditions on our planet. Even primitive life on Jupiter would probably be exterminated before it had a chance to evolve.

Lightning on Jupiter is 1,000 times more poweful than it is on earth. The planets electromagnetic field interacts with gases expelled by its moons which creates immense bands of lethal radiation called "Synchrotron radiation" which would basically kill anyone who even came within 200,000 miles of the planet unless they were in a spacecraft designed to shield them. My overall point..Jupiter is not the kind of planet that is very hospitable for life.. Even for life just there to visit.
On the liquid water thing..
We know that liquid water flows on the surface of mars from time to time. But people don't realize this because most people just don't care enough to do the research. Nasa photos seem to confirm it...
www.msss.com...

I am not blaming you for anything. I'm simply trying to help you make better threads in the future. The more research you conduct, the more you will find to help support your theory, the better the thread will be.

I just become extremely frustrated when I see someone post that they've conducted "research" and the source they site is one wikipedia link that doesn't really bolster your original argument that much. I'm more or less trying to help you here.

-ChriS

[edit on 26-2-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

top topics

join