It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, help us not quit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In response to President Osama’s “State of the Union Address“, I would like to propose the following which require strength in leadership and dedication to the improvement and continuation of the American way of life.

The 16th Amendment must be repealed. The direct tax on income is no different than the Protection Racket done by the Mafia. It is apparent that the Federal Government has wasted these monies collected over the year via the strong arm tactics of the IRS. It has not protected us direct attacks by enemies foreign (9/11) nor domestic (current financial crisis). By increasing all working people’s wages by far more than the propose $13/wk, people can choose to spend, invest and save for their own futures. I am as charitable as the next person, but the Federal Government does not need to direct my charity via weekly tithes.

The Federal Reserve Act must be repealed. Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution clearly states that it is the power of Congress to coin money and regulate the value thereof. It is not nor should ever have been in the hands of a private consortium of banks that can act outside of the influence of the people. When Congressional spending causes devaluation and inflation of our currency we can petition, remove by vote, enforce a recall by the home state or extract by force if needed. The Federal Reserve can not be directly influenced in any way by the people for the betterment of our nation.

Congressional spending needs to within confines established under Article 1. It is not in the interest of the individual citizen nor the people as a whole for the Federal Government to subsidize businesses. This goes for manufacturing, financial services and higher education. Colleges and Universities are business first and foremost. Tuition will become affordable to far more people by means of free market competition than it will by taxpayer subsidies.

Mr. President, upon oath of office, you have sworn to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution. In doing just the three outlined above you can reduce our deficit and eliminate immense amounts of excess government spending. It opens the door for a stronger economy, provides for jobs and services from would be entrepreneurs and provides self determination for all Americans instead of dependence on the whims and machinations of the financial and political elite. These ideas are nothing new, in fact they are nearly as old as our country. We as a nation have both stumbled and made mistakes in our past, but we have never quit on the idea of being strong and free. I ask you to help us to once again have a better ability to pursue dreams and ambitions instead of being shackled by fears and uncertainty.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yes.

The government is corrupt. They take money from people making minimum wage with barely enough funds to afford transportation and food let alone a house.

I am a first class example, I was homeless for a year -- I had went to social services and basically got told to screw off, but have some food stamps.

It's nice, how there is no decent housing for the homeless, no programs to rehabilitate people to become working class stable citizens.

The government is as corrupt as anything ever can be.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Obama isn't going to do anything to change the federal reserve. He doesn't care about the constitution... I can't think of the last president who did.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Have you sent a copy of this to the president, your senators and representatives? If not, then you should do so right away.
They proably won't see it, but if all of us here at ATS would cut and paste your post to whitehouse.gov and to each of our Congressman's email, we might at least get their attention. What do you think?
Do I have your permission to do so?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

You are free to do what you feel is in your best interests to do. Due to T&C, I can not tell nor recommend any sort of action that anyone would want to take. As would be using ATS as a platform to advance an agenda.

But I personally support anyone that wishes to exercise their right to petition the government in accordance of the First Amendment in matters that they feel is in their interest. As an aside you may want to edit for grammar and flow as you see fit

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
look up the sovereignty movement

new topics

top topics

join