It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So suddenly we trust Fox News again huh?... Is Glenn Beck leading the revolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I must say, I'm a little confused right now. We all know Fox News is damn near 100% propaganda, or atleast we should know this by now.

I remember watching Keith Olbermann on MSNBC when Bush was in office, and I felt like I couldn't trust him either (even though I agreed with a lot of what he had to say.)

So now we have Glenn Beck leading the charge, on Fox F'ing News! I'm sitting here on ATS watching thread after thread get posted about this guy, and I beg to ask the question once again.... Are they just feeding us crap that the audience wants to hear?

I mean, c'mon people!!! They are just desensitizing you to the ugly future that you're about to embark on. They are letting you know how unfair, unjust, and unconstitutional the Government is on purpose! It's part of the agenda.

Some people on ATS know about this trick... "Show it to you before it happens."

Fox News and Glenn Beck are preaching revolution? they are bringing up Civil War? They finally give Ron Paul some love? Now they say the government is becoming too powerful?.... WHAT TOOK THEM SO LONG!!!!????

America has one pupose right now... To serve as a Sheild for other Nations interests. Israel and Great Britain come to mind.

So... We can keep on watching the idiot box, and talk about this great Revolution in America, A Tax Revolt, Protesting in the street, etc. etc. etc.

They will do whatever the hell they want to do to us... 2morrow they could drop a nuke on Florida and blame it on Al Queada, and convince the sheeple to invade Pakistan.

Enjoy your last moments on the Titanic instead of trying to figure out who is responsible for hitting the Ice berg (on purpose)... It's good for the soul.

And Whatever you do... DO Not TRUST anything from FOX NEWS... ANYTHING. This is a game of Chess, .... your about to lose your Bishop, Rook, and your Queen if you turn to them for answers.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Those people are slimy weasels who are interested only in keeping their jobs and advertiser money flowing in. They see which way the wind blows and do a 180-degree turn so it looks like they are marching at the head of the parade instead of being left behind.

It's like that scene in Orwell's "1984" where suddenly the enemy changes from Eurasia to Eastasia (or visa-versa) and all of a sudden people act like its always been that way, printing up new posters and books and changing all the references and records in the archive to match the new reality.

Fox rode the conservative gravy train during the 90s and 00's but now that worldview has been thouroughly discredited so they are jumping on the "doom and gloom" bandwagon and acting like sage wise men who knew all along that this would happen...when in reality they would have mocked (and in fact did mock) anyone taking this line as recently as 6 months or a year ago.

They are dispicable and absolutely without integrity. The press has lost its role as an organ of information and now exists only to wring money from advertisers.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hmm... I watched Glen Beck on CNN and his format hasn't really changed... same topics as last year. Hell, on CNN it got to the point that people were sending him pitchforks (as a protest to the govt. and that was during the Bush years) which he used to adorn his set.

As he bashes the "republicans" for betraying the American people and betraying conservative principles I am actually surprised that he hasn't been told to cool his jets yet since the other "talking head" Hanity is the "party can do no wrong" cheerleader and I assumed they will would have butt heads by now.

I like Glen Beck, he throws the blame around to all the political jackazzes in Washington. No holds bared.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's probably part of the NWO's plan to incite hysteria and panic over the coming years so they can create world wide Martial Law.

and I am falling for it. BRING IT ON. (sights rifles)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

They are just desensitizing you to the ugly future that you're about to embark on. They are letting you know how unfair, unjust, and unconstitutional the Government is on purpose! It's part of the agenda.

You hit the nail on the head with that one.
We are being desensitized to the point where we will not find anything shocking anymore. Not even purple poke a dotted elephants flying through the air.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by wiredamerican]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Maybe Rupert Murdock got booted out of the Elite club

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The problem is that all media is controlled by mega-corporations. This is just spin. CNN wants to spin us one way, and FOX spins the other way. This is classic pitting both sides against the middle.

The Corpritocracy does not want us to look behind the curtain to see that they are stealing from us, dumbing us down, and pitting us against each other with issues like gay marriage, presidential BJ's, which professional athlete is on steroids.

Do you realize that durring the worst fanacial crisis in almost a century, a reporter actually asked Obama what he thought about A-Rod at the president's first press confrence?

"The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth. The Matrix (1999)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ever think that maybe the PTB have orchestrated this situation to PUSH us to revolt, or civil war? They have their pieces in place, and are now herding us to the endgame to checkmate.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have listened to Glenn Beck since almost the beginning. He has been going at this for awhile now. It is nothing new. He actually mellowed out abit once he made it big. But now he is jumping right back into it.

He is the one man in media I trust.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have to say, with y'all throwing dung at FOX news, I got curious. I never paid them any attention, until you sent me there. I know our media is elite owned and controlled, and I was pleasantly surprised to see someone saying things the 'media' normally will not. They seem uber fair, and uber balanced. Thanx for your tip!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

He has lost some serious coin this time around. It's hard to say.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Say what you like about Fox and Glenn Beck, but when my wife watched the show Friday, she turned and looked at me and said, "I've heard this all before."
When I asked her where she had heard it, she said "From you. Over ten years ago, you were saying the same thing Beck and his panel are saying now."
And she's right. I was telling people years ago this was coming. But the economy was good, the people were sitting around collecting their checks, fat, dumb, and happy. They thought I was crazy.
All I can say is, have you tried to by ammunition lately?
As far as Fox vs Cnn, I'll take Fox everytime. I just wish they would pull Lou Dobbs over there.
(By the way, Fox consistently outdoes other cable news channels in ratings.)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I like fox news, I like CNN, I like every news station.

I know some are fundamentalists out their of one type.

The thing is though, You pick the bull# out and pull out the truth. We all know we are being constantly lied to everyday all day. We pick out the truth, so everyone just pick the truth and stick to it and use reasoning and logic to find out whats the truth.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've considered all the above explanations for the switch...scary stuff. And disgusting in my opinion that a station like fox would change it's stance so shamelessly. But yeah, I think they're just trying to cover all the bases, making sure they superficially cover the entire spectrum of current opinions for the watchers - the advertisers - the dollars

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
Say what you like about Fox and Glenn Beck, but when my wife watched the show Friday, she turned and looked at me and said, "I've heard this all before."
When I asked her where she had heard it, she said "From you. Over ten years ago, you were saying the same thing Beck and his panel are saying now."
And she's right. I was telling people years ago this was coming. But the economy was good, the people were sitting around collecting their checks, fat, dumb, and happy. They thought I was crazy.
All I can say is, have you tried to by ammunition lately?
As far as Fox vs Cnn, I'll take Fox everytime. I just wish they would pull Lou Dobbs over there.
(By the way, Fox consistently outdoes other cable news channels in ratings.)

I would not look to the ratings to give you any indication of what is "useful" information..think about the millions of sheep watching fox news.. dont be one

this glen beck character btw is a sham

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think we are seeing the Conservative side that was once reigned in by election year politics finally begin to get outraged but by what and at whom? Obama has inherited the giant pile of dung left by his predecessor and is struggling to deal with it as would ANY one elected in after the Bush crew. When I was watching that bit with Glenn Beck and santelli and then the hour feature about how bad it could get I was struck by the fact that the guy hinting at armed rebellion against the government was the guy in charge of hunting for Bin Laden. About two or three years ago the intenet began getting flooded with people saying we all needed to buy guns and ammo and this was before Obama looked like a shoe in after the Palin pick.

It seems like some of the media are trying to maintain the outrage at the Bush regime and transfer it to Obama. They want everyone to get all pOed at Obama like we were at Bush for all that we went through. Then come two and four year elections guess who is swept back into power to reinstate whatever weakening of the Patriot act and etc. and bring about real facist martial law.

In the back of your mind aren't you worried about what comes 2,4 and 8 years down the line?

Maybe if the conservatives were true to small gov't stay out of peoples business I wouldn't be so suspicious.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have a question.

So far it has been they are now saying this stuff to desensitize us to the coming realty. They want us to revolt, they want us to cause civil war, etc.

So Fox, switches tactics and starts showing the bad and ugly, constantly pointing out what Obama has done wrong. All other news stations are stroking Obama's ego, he can still not do any wrong.

What is wrong with having an objective view point? Out of all MSM news channels on TV Fox is the most balanced by leaps and bounds. Not only that but they are the only conservative leaning news channel.

Of course they trying to divide and conquer technique, but the reality is that we are divided and personally the way it is looking I don't think we are ever going to come together, and put our differences aside.

I think a lot of people are still suffering from BSD(Bush Derangement Syndrome) and just the fact that somebody different is in office is good enough, doesn't matter if he was to go on TV and eat a baby, they would still fawn over him.

You say don't trust anything from FOX news, then why should we trust anything from any of the other media outlets? I used to watch CNN and I had to switch news channels, I caught them in so many blatant lies about the McCain camp that they lost all credibility with me.

The people that ran this ship into the iceberg is both the republicans and democrats. Anybody that is objective and doesn't tow the line can see that.

I guess what I don't get is that its like don't fight the NWO or whatever, just sit back and let them steamroll right over us. It just baffles my mind.

I mean people are complaining about News stations, of all things. They are all in on it, they are trying to pit everybody against everyone it isn't just republican or democrat it is about what news station you watch, and what state you live in. It is crazy.

I just have to say this, don't believe the hype.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by branty

Maybe he did! I have a healthy distrust for any news network...and that is besides the fact that Murcoch is not know for being a straight forward nice guy.

News Media Flow Chart
www.disclose.tv...

MURDOCH WARNS: NATIONS WILL BE REDEFINED, FUTURES ALTERED
Tue Feb 24 2009 08:36:39 ET

Media baron Rupert Murdoch issued an urgent internal communication late Monday, warning his staff: "We are in the midst of a phase of history in which nations will be redefined and their futures fundamentally altered."

MORE

The dramatic call comes as markets continue their plunge and the future of media becomes increasingly muddled.

"Many people will be under extreme pressure and many companies mortally wounded," Murdoch declared.

"Our competitors will be sorely tempted to take the easy beat, to reduce quality in the search for immediate dividends."

He continued: "Let me be very clear about our company: where others might step back from their commitment to their viewers, their users, readers and customers – we will renew ours.

"The direction of the business now and over the next few years will define the character of our company for decades."

[edit on 24-2-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

To reply in one paragraph to your whole post I would have to say dont trust any major media outlet. They all lied to you during 9/11 whether being forced to or unknowingly (which i 99% doubt) and they will continue to further whatever agenda is currently being pushed at the time.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XTC_savedmyLife

Yes, they do all lie, but it is good to watch them and find out what a majority of other people are taking as is. It will give you a better gauge on how people will react when it all comes crashing down.

Seeing as how FOX has the highest rating that is the one I choose to watch because a majority of people watch it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join