It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to be a Mason, What do I do.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by mastermind77
Masons are happy and feel welcome yes maybe, but they are deceiving themselves based on that i think,

Let me see if I understand you correctly;

I am happy but I am really deceiving myself and, in actuality are not happy. Please explain how a person can be happy but not know that they are in reality unhappy.
Oh, that's quite simple... at least to those who believe that someone can also worship something (or someone) without knowing it. Basically unconscious people, I think is what he's getting at. *shrug*

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by mastermind77
Masons are happy and feel welcome yes maybe, but they are deceiving themselves based on that i think,

Let me see if I understand you correctly;

I am happy but I am really deceiving myself and, in actuality are not happy. Please explain how a person can be happy but not know that they are in reality unhappy.

masonry may not be bad on the surface, but it provides a NON DEMOCRATIC influence on government whether they so they dont.

How do individuals attending a bi-monthly meeting of a charitable instituion somehow sway or influence the federal government or the people who elected the same.

Im not anti masonry, im anti evil which seems to stem from the designs and structures which are built to resonate such energy.

I am anti-evil as well. Do you want to know my defiention of evil? Ignorance.

Ive been offered as other family memebers, and i drunkenly went on about these feelings of which i was asked nicely to stop so..

What exactly were you offered whilst in an intoxicated state?

Ignorance, meaning not accepting the light of Lucifer?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Lucifer, as many people refer to from Pike, is not in reference to the demon ruler of Hell. Lucifer was actually a name used to describe Venus, the Morning Star. It has nothing to do with worshiping the devil.

ED- pushed button too soon.

In regards to OP, if you don't have a Mason in your family or don't know a member as a friend, call a lodge close to you and express your interest in joining. The secretary should have all the useful information you need to petition to join. You should also understand that there is no way to hurry the process along, and doing so IMO detracts from the meaning of becoming a Mason.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by W3RLIED2]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

silly person, we are not interestedd in the truth here, only the illusion of intelligence. Perhaps in the future, you will refrain from giving us "facts" as they only tend to cloud the discussions.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

The exact quote:

Excerpt from Chapter 29: Grand Pontiff The Apocalypse is, to those who receive the nineteenth Degree, the Apotheosis of that Sublime Faith which aspires to God alone, and despises all the pomps and works of Lucifer. LUCIFER, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish Souls? Doubt it not! for traditions are full of Divine Revelations and Inspirations: and Inspiration is not of one Age nor of one Creed. Plato and Philo, also, were inspired.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
Ignorance, meaning not accepting the light of Lucifer?

No. Ignorance meaning the absence of knowledge.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by homage
i want to go to the highest level, im up for anything at this point. I want to be one because I feel I was born to be one and one of the strongest at that. I cant say too much but some signs have showed me when I was growing up. Now I feel that is where I wanna be and I need to be there asap.

There a few other requirements to join:

• you can't be mentally ill, a "fool" or cenile
  • you will usually need to have a good credit report
  • you have to earn a decent living -- enough to pay the fees

It's a better idea to talk to many different people and get a well-rounded picture of what it's like.

The lodge meetings are pretty boring, and involve a lot of arcane stuff that is irrelevant to most people except maybe history buffs. Also, realize that higher-level masons tend to make fun of the lower-level ones. Once you join, it's usually for life, and other Masons are going to pressure you to stay.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Can masons Drink alcohol? Are masons allowed to masturbate? Can I become a mason if I am unemployed? What specific thing would I need to say im seeking in order to get in? I heard some of that stuff like they cant drink or masturbate from different people. Want to know if it is a rumor or not.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Daiedi

don't let anyone lead you astray. You can do anything you want within the law. You are expected to practice temperence. IE, not get hammered and tell everything you know. My wife works for the pee pee doctor and she says if you don't "excersize" on a regular basis, you can get prostentitis. I probably spelled it worng, but I think it's blue balls. Ask anything you need, but it would be best to ask those kind of questions here. There is a very slight hazing that goes on, but it's less than the one you got in kintergarten. Just a little razzing about how your going to handle the goat. It's best to have a good plan. (and hope he ate good the day you ride him.)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
you mean ride on top of the goat or have sex with the goat?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Daiedi

Oh, they are going to have a ball with you.

Nobody will hurt you, dammage you, or even humiliate you in any way, shape, or form. there will be no goat sex. or any other sex. I was just messing with you a bit. I am sorry for that. One of the first things you will be told is to fear nothing in the ceremony. trust that we take that to heart. The Junior deacon (me this year) will talk to you before you go in and he will look after you. There is nothing to fear. (Just don't tell anybody else, we like to mess with them about the goat.)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
ok, but what was your reason for joining?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Daiedi

I have a friend who I was in the millitary with. He was a mason and I really respected him. Still do. I got to poking around with this site looking at UFO stuff and 911 stuff, and got into the masonic conspiracy thing. I just could not beileve that my friend was anthing other than what I knew him to be, so I pettitioned the lodge. I wanted to find out two things, why did he think it was so great, and why did so many people say it was bad. I found the answers to one of the two questions. the other I think is just people fear what they don't understand, so they make stuff up. A bunch of stuff may seem silly and all, but once you learn the why and not the how, it all makes sense. It really is a way of life and the right one as far as I am concerned. It is the way my father taught me to live, although he is not a mason. You are just more consious of everyone around you in a good way. Thanks for asking. That is my favorite question to ask other masons.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
so what did you tell them in order to get in when they asked why you wanted to be one?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Daiedi

the truth. the only thing you can tell them if it means anything to you at all. If you are joining for monitary gain, you will be sadly disapointed. If you are joining for a plan of exposing the evil secrets, go nuts. Enjoy, but try to learn a few things along the way so it wasn't a complete waste of time. tell them exactly why you want to join. Ask anything you want to make sure you are doing the right thing for you. there really is no wrong answer unless it is purely selfish reasons. And then, most likely, your problem will be between you and God.

I actually asked the master of the lodge if they worshiped the devil. He didn't miss a beat. He said that some people think that, but he didnt' think so. I am still glad I asked for my peace of mind.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by Mason mike]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daiedi
you mean ride on top of the goat or have sex with the goat?

They are harmless pranks, like blindfolding you and telling you that a dog took a piss on you. It's really just warm water.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

you will usually need to have a good credit report

Maybe in some jurisdictions, but that is not universal or practiced as far as I know.

The lodge meetings are pretty boring, and involve a lot of arcane stuff that is irrelevant to most people except maybe history buffs.

Really, only the Stated meeting is boring.

Also, realize that higher-level masons tend to make fun of the lower-level ones.

Not in my Lodge. Plus, why would they do that? That goes against many principles of Freemasonry. I never viciously mock other Brothers

Once you join, it's usually for life, and other Masons are going to pressure you to stay.

Not true. All you have to do is not pay your dues and you will be dropped from the rolls. Or you can just ask, I signed two demit petitions last month because of other financial burdens were taking precedent. Someone can demit for any reason, that was just an example.

[edit on 26-2-2009 by KSigMason]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
  • you will usually need to have a good credit report

• No one will ask for your Soical Security number in my jurisidiction as your credit score has no bearing on your petition.

• you have to earn a decent living -- enough to pay the fees

• Many lodges will often pay your dues if you are experiencing financial harship with the understanding that once you are 'back on your feet' you will resume remitting your annual fees.

It's a better idea to talk to many different people and get a well-rounded picture of what it's like.

I agree, particularly those who are actually in the fraternity.

The lodge meetings are pretty boring, and involve a lot of arcane stuff that is irrelevant to most people except maybe history buffs.

And you have attended how many meetings to know this?

Also, realize that higher-level masons tend to make fun of the lower-level ones. Once you join, it's usually for life, and other Masons are going to pressure you to stay.

Not true in my lodge and the 'low-levels' only stay that way for a few months at best before becoming Master Masons like everyone else in the lodge.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:22 AM
    link   
    reply to post by vcwxvwligen

so they told you it was just warm water huh. I guess it's best if you think that.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:32 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Saurus
    reply to post by rattan1

A belief in a Supreme Being is not the only requirement. There are quite a few...

In order to become a Mason, a candidate must:
    - Be male
    - Have a belief in a Supreme Being
    - Be over 21 years of age
    - Be naturally charitable
    - Not be wanting to join for personal gain financially or career-wise.
    - Join of one's own free will and accord, unbiased by the solicitation of friends or masons against one's own inclination (which means that nobody can ever be invited - you have to ask to join)- Have a favorable opinion of the institution
    - Have a general desire for knowledge
    - Have no criminal record or current criminal charges against him

If any one of the above are missing, the person cannot become a Mason.

[edit on 25/2/2009 by Saurus]

Bolded section is not true, if you are of proer stock they DO come and ask. My father was present when they came and asked his dad to head the lodge in their area. His forefathers had been members, but he had gone in to the military young and not joined after returning so they came to him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join