It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

.Who is your Favorite Political Figure and Why?..(any country and any time period)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My fav political figure is from my country of Canada. Lester B Pearson. Prior to his political career he was Nobel Prize winner. As far of his Prime Minister accomplishments he introduced universal health care for all. He implemented the Canada Pension Plan and Student Loans. He'll be best remembered for giving Canada our own National Flag the Maple Leaf.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by branty

I quite enjoy Ron Paul. He has alot of bright ideas and spreads the word of the evilness of the NWO.

He's still a politician though and can't say many things.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well since Ron Paul is taken, Cynthia Mckinney! She is a congresswoman from GA. She was outspoken about the 9/11 Commission and the Israel, Gaza problems. Shes A ok in my book

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Our 3rd President of the United States...Thomas Jefferson. Principal author of the U.S Constitution, and the most influential of our Founding Fathers.

I suppose I'll stick up for Abe Lincoln too, but I think that's just because I'm related to him.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan. The only president to openly speak of "outside universal threat" to America and the UN and how something like that would unite the world like nothing else could.

IMO, they should have added his profile on Mt. Rushmore.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Winston Churchill
What a legend

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh I was thinking modern politicians. Andrew Jackson for sure. Where to start... He spoke out against greedy bankers and centralized banking, fought in a duel with one of the best marksmen in the town and won after taking a bullet to the chest, defeated the British in Louisiana with hardly what would be considered an army... We need more politicians like him around.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hands Down.... Ronald Reagan.

This is the BEST speech in my opinion ever. If you changed some dates and numbers, It is relevant TODAY. This is a "must watch" for Every American!

Seriously, watch the first 3 minutes, I Bet you will "want" to hear the rest.

They say time repeats itself... This WILL make you think!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

I second this.

Best president...aside from the whole genocide of indians thing, but everyone's got a flaw right?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus aka."Caligula" is a figure from Roman history who in many ways acted as a template for future leaders around the world IMO.

Surviving sources present a number of stories about Caligula that illustrate cruelty and insanity. The contemporaneous sources, Philo of Alexandria and Seneca the Younger, describe an insane emperor who was self-absorbed, angry, killed on a whim, and who indulged in too much spending and sex.

He is accused of sleeping with other men's wives and bragging about it, killing for mere amusement, purposely wasting money on his bridge, causing starvation, and wanting a statue of himself erected in the Temple of Jerusalem for his worship.

While repeating the earlier stories, the later sources of Suetonius and Cassius Dio add additional tales of insanity. They accuse Caligula of incest with his sisters, Agrippina, Drusilla and Julia Livilla, and say he prostituted them to other men.

They state he sent troops on illogical military exercises. They also allege he turned the palace into a brothel. Perhaps most famously, they say that Caligula tried to make his horse, Incitatus, a consul and a priest.

The validity of these accounts is debatable. In Roman political culture, insanity and sexual perversity were often presented hand-in-hand with poor government.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
wow , i thought someone would say JFK

top topics

join