It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we keep our spirits up during these dark times?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I am just feeling so low and demoralized from the constant drumbeat of doom and gloom. Everything looks poised to go from bad to worse. I am very fortunate enough to have a roof over my head, a job, and some savings right now but lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night terrified of what the future will bring.

The general prevaling public mood out there right now seems to alternate between sweaty panic and gloomy depression, with bursts of rage and terror.

How can we keep our spirits up? What are some good ways to keep positivie and upbeat (without slipping into denial)? Any tips for remaining strong and bringing light to an increasingly darkening world?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
live life. enjoy it while it's still worth living. don't give up hope in your dreams.

when the aliens come lets hope they don't slay us all . ha!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well, All I can tell you is that what you are going through, a lot of us are going through as well. But you need not let all the hate and fear get to you, and I know thats easier said than done but you can try. For instance, go out to the woods for a while, go camping maybe? Take yourself out of the madness for just a few days, and I guarantee that when you get back, you will feel a whole lot better about things. Yes they will still be there waiting for you, but it might just give youa new fresh outlook about how to deal with it. Camping is just one scenerio, but basically, just do what you have to in order to find peace with yourself once more. Everyone needs an outlet. Hope this helps. If not, then I suggest running for public office? =)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
From experience, it is always darkest before the dawn...or after you pass out...just kidding on the last one.

Like you many of us want still to believe things will be ok, and someday life could be back to normal. I do not think it is good for us to think all is lost. So with that said, I try to find hope every day in the simple things of life.

I found this article helpful...maybe you will too!

Simple activities such as gardening or mending a bicycle can protect mental health and help people to lead more fulfilled and productive lives, a panel of scientists has found.
A “five-a-day” programme of social and personal activities can improve mental well being, much as eating fruit and vegetables enhances physical health. People should try to connect with others, to be active, to take notice of their surroundings, to keep learning and to give to their neighbours and community.
With advice to “take notice” and suggestions to “catch sight of the beautiful” and “savour the moment, whether walking to work, eating lunch or talking to friends”. Examples of learning include mending a bike or trying to play a musical instrument.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Lots of single malt scotch. Just kidding. Be happy your prepared and hope for the best. Turn the tv off for a week and see how great you feel!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Oh really, who would’ve thought?!

I guess when you live a life waiting for impendent doom and gloom, there’s not much to live for.
The irony about all that doom and gloom is there’s always a will to survive anyway, or else why not start organizing mass suicides while we’re at it? People are not just waiting, their defense mechanism urges them to prepare whether they want to admit it or not. I guess somebody’s planning on surviving the “Apocalypse” after all uh?

So my friend, you’re gonna have to find the source of your despair and then face it with the living spirit that you have

That’s my hit and run for now.
Have a nice day!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
How can we keep our spirits up during these dark times?

First, turn off the television and stop listening to the radio.
Second, head for your nearest library or bookstore.
Next, go to aisle for 'Travel'.
Then, open the pages and behold: Lots of places of beauty and wonder.

Now image what everyone has been missing!

Sincerely,
Pik

[edit on 2009-2-25 by pikypiky]

new topics

top topics

join