It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America's New Face Of Real Patriotism[

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

A Green Bay soldier has notified his commanding officers that he will not return to duty in Iraq.

Spc. Kristoffer Walker is a member of the 353rd Transportation Company. Walker said he was motivated to join the service after the Sept. 11 attacks. He enlisted in 2002 at the age of 21. But, Walker said he will no longer fight because he believes the war in Iraq is immoral.

Source: www.myfoxhouston.com...

Could this be the new face of patriotism in America?

Might people actually develop some brain cells and not work for a corrupt company?

There's seems to be a growing number of such occurences, i'm sure many more to come for some reason.

I was proud of this guy when I read this article.

People have allowed the media and govt. to redefine the word patriotism.
It means pro-your-country, pro-the people in your country, pro-your country''s culture and economy.

It doesn't have to mean prov-govt, especially a corrupt one.

remember,
"Ask not what you country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

that's correct, it's not ask what you can do for your Govt..

So many are pro-govt. of their country because they allowed themselves to be sold to the facade that the media/govt. is selling to them. Either supporting a war that is bankrupting their country and is immoral, or not supporting the war but just those that fight it(which makes no sense).

That's blind patriotism to me. That's passive patriotism.
Sit a on couch eating chips and being sold on the lies of war-profiteering liars.

So to support a facade, whilst your economy goes down the crapper, while american citizens's homes go foreclosed, while your hijacked govt. makes a large majority of the planet hate your country is soooo far from patriotic in my opinion. If anything you are part of the problem and the furthest thing from being a patriot. Because you sit back like a drone supporting a facade while every aspect of your country gets worse and worse and worse.

So it's not even a pyrrhic victory, it's worse it's not even war.
There's no war to begin with
It's business.
It's worse it's not even your business, it's only a select fews
So it's not even a pyrrhic victory where you lose every but win
No here you lose everything and you lose....your home, your country's international image, your currency, your friends and family.. everything.s

So perhaps people are waking up and maybe more and more people will understand what patriotism is.

It's the new face of patriotism!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Seems you have a lot of animosity towards the US and US military.
Patriotic to disobey orders or be a deserter? Not a chance.
Do you actually know anyone in the military, or government, or an American, for that matter?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

nevermind that nut, he hasnt really been out of the house since god knows when. We all know what hes about, and thats not much.

Edit; As far as stayin on topic, That is his choice, and he is entitled to it.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Common Good]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Eh.. I don't always agree with you, but that's what freedom to speak for yourself is all about.

But I do agree that patriotism is not supporting the plight of already rich people, to ride bloodshed toward more riches while bankrupting a whole country.

Without people to follow the orders to kill innocents, there would be no war.

This lack of common love for all of the world's people is sickening, and peoples' ability to go kill foreign strangers really makes one lose hope for all of humanity.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
So, he has been in for 6-7 years. At some point he CHOOSE to RE-ENLIST. He signed a contract. He knew what signing that contract meant, yet he choose to do it anyways.

I feel absolutely no pity for him. A real man would take responsibilty for his CHOICE and serve out his contract THEN GET OUT!

[edit on 2/24/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Deserters should be thrown in the brig for the duration of their contract +5 years, and treated as enemy combatants.

He had the choice not to join in the first place, and probably should have thought more about his "feelings" before making such a commitment. It's not alright to waste time and money for training, then turn around and go effectively AWOL just because you "feel" like it.

In my opinion, he's a disgrace to anyone who wears the uniform, and nobody ever asked him to harm innocent people.

A turn-coat pansy crybaby is all I see.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
greeneyedleo is right. He understood what the contract meant, and that is the point in which I can't really defend this man. He signed his life away willingly, understanding full well the consequences.

As far as I care, anyone dumb enough to sign them self away to the military, deserves to go get blown up in some random country.

You know.... I honestly hope that Obama will force a draft onto us.

THEN people might finally be upset enough to care about their freedom, and the rest of this country. Obviously losing jobs, cars, homes and all privacy and rights isn't enough to upset Americans(not to mention the moralities with these recent wars anyway)... so maybe that would do it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Well He might not be an American but I am! And yes I have a great deal of pent up frustration! I am sitting here listening to all media crap powder puffing all the problems we have and it makes me sick! First of all This guy (so called president) will never ever get my support untill he answers to the request for proof of being a "natural born" citizen. How can you trust anyone who refuses to satisfy a request as simple as this after all the deceit that has taken place up till now? I am tired of all the lies, corruption, and deceit, coming from our "patriotic" socialized Government. The people who work hard to pay their mortgage, and live within their means, get the short end of the stick. The money I have worked to save is not worth the paper it is printed on, all I see day in and day out is everything and everybody with there hand out looking for something for nothing! It makes me sick.

I think he feels as though he was lied to. (I am sure you know what I am referring to) and joined the military under false pretenses. When he started to see what the agenda was he wanted nothing to do with furthering the fallacy.

I have been keeping an eye on your posts for a little while now, read your comments to other people, and I think you should run for office! (Since your just a stones throw away) I think you and your self righteous, closed minded beliefs, would fit right in with the rest of the "takers" in office. Your the type, (like them) that would sell out your mother if it was in your best interest.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by xyankee]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Do you actually know anyone in the military, or government, or an American, for that matter?

I'm former military. Every male in may family has served this country with the exception of my youngest brother.

My uncle is a lifer in the Marines and is desperately trying to get out of the service right now. He is an E9 and thinks the war is immoral. He's time is up, but he has a clause in his contract that as long as he is offered a promotion he can not turn it down. He's been for over 20 years now. Even though he is already and E9 and there is no pay grade promotion, any kind of advancement he is obligated to stay in.

He has done 3 tours in Iraq, 1 in Afghanistan and was also in other things such as Somalia and so forth.

My middle brother is a medic in the army. He was out for about a year, but they have also called him back and they are now also making him serve again. This after they already made him stay in for an extra year before. He did a tour in Afghanistan, a small tour in Iraq, but spent most of his time in Germany at the base where the dead and wounded go for treatment.

As for your comment, you stick it where the sun doesn't shine. If the leaders of this country were worth a damn they wouldn't be over there fighting in the first place. You and the rest of the stay at home hero hawks can either go over there yourselves and start fighting, or STFU and support the troops by bring them home, rather than supporting a war and calling it supporting the troops.

Your comments are disgusting and spoken like a true coward who has other people fighting their battles. Even a coward can have others fight their battles for them.

So, I meet your little requirements, and your opinion is disgusting. You should be the one out there fighting if you feel that way.

I am also proud of the guy for standing up and saying no to the war. I hope many others follow suit.

Support the troops instead of supporting the war - bring them home.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

I'm former military. Every male in may family has served this country with the exception of my youngest brother.

My uncle is a lifer in the Marines and is desperately trying to get out of the service right now. He is an E9 and thinks the war is immoral. He's time is up, but he has a clause in his contract that as long as he is offered a promotion he can not turn it down. He's been for over 20 years now. Even though he is already and E9 and there is no pay grade promotion, any kind of advancement he is obligated to stay in.

He has done 3 tours in Iraq, 1 in Afghanistan and was also in other things such as Somalia and so forth.

My middle brother is a medic in the army. He was out for about a year, but they have also called him back and they are now also making him serve again. This after they already made him stay in for an extra year before. He did a tour in Afghanistan, a small tour in Iraq, but spent most of his time in Germany at the base where the dead and wounded go for treatment.

As for your comment, you stick it where the sun doesn't shine. If the leaders of this country were worth a damn they wouldn't be over there fighting in the first place. You and the rest of the stay at home hero hawks can either go over there yourselves and start fighting, or STFU and support the troops by bring them home, rather than supporting a war and calling it supporting the troops.

Your comments are disgusting and spoken like a true coward who has other people fighting their battles. Even a coward can have others fight their battles for them.

So, I meet your little requirements, and your opinion is disgusting. You should be the one out there fighting if you feel that way.

I am also proud of the guy for standing up and saying no to the war. I hope many others follow suit.

Support the troops instead of supporting the war - bring them home.

If you ever were in the military, or knew anyone in the military, you would know calling them or their mission immoral is anything but supporting the troops. I only know officers, but everyone I know over there wants to be able to win the war and complete their mission.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
True courage is standing for your belief regardless of the consequences. To hell with the contract. This guy is doing what he knows is right, ie not involving himself in wars of aggression.

Would you all be so hard on a deserting Nazi soldier?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

If you ever were in the military, or knew anyone in the military, you would know calling them or their mission immoral is anything but supporting the troops. I only know officers, but everyone I know over there wants to be able to win the war and complete their mission.

Apparently, you've never been in the military yourself, and thus you are nothing more than a chicken hawk. Because nobody in the military would ever use officers as being an example of the military attitude in general.

As it turns out, it's not their fault the mission is immoral. It's the fault of the leaders who put them there.

The only thing a military man asks is to NOT be put into harms way for bad reasons. And we have FAILED to do that.

You know, when my uncle says it's screwed up and he doesn't know what is going on, then it's screwed up. I never in a million years would have ever though I would hear such words out of his mouth.

The only thing you are supporting is the pocket books of those who are profiting from this war, and those who are gaining power in the region and you are doing it with other peoples lives.

You make me sick.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Thank you for sharing about your experiences, and your uncles'.

I have a cousin that was in Special Ops, and the whole thing just got so out of control he had to get out any way possible... So sad to hear about loved ones and what they have been through, even if it was their own choice to do so. They are never the same again...

I never understood the thought the idea of 'supporting your troops' as wanting to make sure that they are never able to come back home...

I guess that thought process originated from Bush pushing his agenda, that people wanting their friends and family-members home must be terrorists?? Bah.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Apparently, you've never been in the military yourself, and thus you are nothing more than a chicken hawk. Because nobody in the military would ever use officers as being an example of the military attitude in general.

As it turns out, it's not their fault the mission is immoral. It's the fault of the leaders who put them there.

The only thing a military man asks is to NOT be put into harms way for bad reasons. And we have FAILED to do that.

You know, when my uncle says it's screwed up and he doesn't know what is going on, then it's screwed up. I never in a million years would have ever though I would hear such words out of his mouth.

The only thing you are supporting is the pocket books of those who are profiting from this war, and those who are gaining power in the region and you are doing it with other peoples lives.

You make me sick.

Apparently a rational discussion without resorting to personal insults is beyond you, so you are not worthy of a response.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee

I think he feels as though he was lied to. (I am sure you know what I am referring to) and joined the military under false pretenses. When he started to see what the agenda was he wanted nothing to do with furthering the fallacy.

I
[edit on 24-2-2009 by xyankee]

Freeing 50 million people in Iraq and Afghanistan, and letting them choose their leaders wasn't a worthwhile mission?
How is serving one's country and helping others 'false pretenses'?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Apparently a rational discussion without resorting to personal insults is beyond you, so you are not worthy of a response.

I was pretty mild for someone who wants to risk having people in my family killed for the profit of a few while sitting behind their desk trying to tell people what is patriotic.

Have fun with your superficial and hollow existence of overcompensating with male masculinity.

If I wanted to be harsh, I would have pointed out that the vette and your attitude doesn't make your pee pee bigger.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Freeing 50 million people in Iraq and Afghanistan, and letting them choose their leaders wasn't a worthwhile mission?

Funny, because I don't remember the war being sold that way. I remember things like - "The smoking gun could be in the form of a mushroom cloud".

You know how I knew from the start Iraq wasn't actually a threat? Because we only treat people who aren't a threat in such ways. When the other side is actually a threat to us, we corporate with them and apply diplomatic ways. IE: China, Russia and so forth.

They aren't serving this country. They are serving the interests of corporations looking to make a bucks and gain power at the cost of everyone else.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Do I really have to spell it out to you? One example is the WMD issue. You know I am really starting to think that you may know more than you care to let on. It would not surprise me if in some way you are tied by employment or family FBI, CIA, Who knows. GET THIS, AS LONG AS THERE ARE UNANSWERED QUESTIONS OR REFUSE TO ANSWER THEM I WILL NOT AND CANNOT TRUST ANYONE.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

no aminosity towards the U.S.
the U.S. is primarily made up of people, not politicians
I am just against corporate warfare and war profiteering

If anything i am pro-U.S. considering that I am against a war that is bankrupting your people and defaming you.

In fact you don't even think that I have animosity towards the u.s., you just have been condition to think within those terms inside this type of topic.

Originally posted by LostNemesis
greeneyedleo is right. He understood what the contract meant, and that is the point in which I can't really defend this man. He signed his life away willingly, understanding full well the consequences.

But what if he learnt how immoral it was only afterwards?

And he isn't the only one leaving because of having a conscience.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Dude your not the most informed person that's for sure.

And don't you feel a little ripped off?
Aren't you the least bit angry that this empire building is destroying your economy?
don't you care a bit that everytime you turn on the TV you see lies?
Dont you care that they are killing people in your country's name?

In short, don't you care about your country and it's people being robbed?

They aren't serving this country. They are serving the interests of corporations looking to make a bucks and gain power at the cost of everyone else.

Absolutely bro
I hope your family members come back home soon and get the financial assistance they deserve!

I was pretty mild for someone who wants to risk having people in my family killed for the profit of a few while sitting behind their desk trying to tell people what is patriotic.

That is a very strong point
Star for you on that one

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join