It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am losing my appetite for work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I mean common!

Working endless hours
Spending all the money on bills
Financial meltdown
Political meltdown
The world comming to an en one way or another

You name it!

Courage has a limit even for us HUMANS.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why don't you just get another job?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

i am considering this too.
maybe even moving to another country up north

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hmm.. join the club.

However, i do like to have food in the frigde...

[edit on 24-2-2009 by kokoro]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
its nice you made me laugh
reality is losing its funny side
thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I feel the same.

I've busted my but for the last twelve years for the same company and they just kick me to the curb like I was so much trash,

I'm going to get $300 dollars a week to sit on my arse and draw unemployment.

Guess what? I can live on that!!!!

I've been writing a book. That's how that Harry Potter chick got rich. She was a school teacher who just went on the dole to take the time to write. She leeched off the system to give her creativity a boost.

That is so me.......

Look for my new creations soon.....

wupy

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Be happy you have a job right now. I would do anything for a job now. Ive been unemployed for 1-1/2 months.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, look on the bright side. If you had been born during most of the rest of recorded history, chances are you'd be lashed to a plough turning over dirt in some muddy field or perhaps groaning as you and the other slaves hauled alabaster blocks up to the top of the new pyramid or the ziggaurat or what have you.

The only up-side to such scenarios as far as I can tell is that medieval peasants were pretty much skunk-drunk all of the time from morning to evening, as the water was considered unsafe to drink and everyone subsisted off of beer or weak wine, starting with breakfast.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Man that is no joke. It seems many are losing their will to work long hours for nothing more than keeping their head slightly above water.

I was thinking about this today...thinking man what is wrong with me that I don't feel like working hard anymore.

I think the times they are a changin, and not for the better. It is all rolling downhill, and woe unto those who are at the bottom.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Eh... I have thought the same thing, a lot.

It came to the point where the conversion from the pound to the dollar, along with people just not spending like they used to, meant I went from a nice living at home to less than $100/wk.

Now having found it to be more worthwhile to go to school, I find it hard to keep focused while everyone around me loses jobs and things look like they might be collapsing.... Hope not, though.

Damnit, it is not worth it to work anymore. Come on people, why are we not QUITTING this system by choice, instead of waiting to be forcefully ejected from it? Nothing about this is making sense to me anymore.

Why don't we all just QUIT? We can stop this gov't from taking our rights, and let them create their own debt for themselves... Why do we keep playing their game, and being thankful for them to keep letting us?

I am tempted to take this to another thread, and really think about it. It's all that's on my mind lately.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've been out of work for over a year. Most of that time was spent visiting friends out of state, going camping and hiking, and composing music.

I'd reached a critical mass point at my job. I was working hard, full-time and felt so utterly empty inside. I had a lot of money in the bank, so I just quit.

Now, of course, I NEED to work. I spent all that money in the bank. But I'm having a hard time finding a job as well as the will to work again... to be a cog in the machinery again.

All this time off has been benefiicial in a 'what's the meaning of life' kind of way. I've been able to delve deeply into some questions that I didn't have the time or energy for when I was working (and exhausted all the time from it).

So, in a way, going back to work is going back to consensus reality, with all it's inherent stupidity and spiritual deadness. Ugh. It has to be done, though.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I think that you are just starting to wake up.

You realize that life is too short not to take advantage of the things in your life that are really important.

You are feeling the chafing of the materialistic shackles that have you enslaved to money and landfill fillers.

This is a good thing. When you first awaken you feel lost and confused. Once you realize what has happened you can put your life in the proper perspective and learn to live to work not work to live.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
Why don't you just get another job?

Actually getting another job is the worst advice ever...

Start your own business is the right advice... people don't like work because it's unnatural if its effort given to something that is not loved and owned.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Get ordained...start a "church"...buy some land, build a cabin and farm/hunt for your living. You can live quite well on just a few acres. Having a "church" on that land keeps you from paying taxes on it. You wont have to deal with the money crunch

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Your ordeal seems to be spreading. Well not so much an ordeal as an enlightenment.

I for one will be glad to quit my job and tend to my garden full time when things get worse. Nothing like feeding your own family with your own home grown hard work!

I might even get some chickens and a goat or two!
Eggs + Milk + Corn Flour = MEAL!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

what if one allready works for himself????????????????
i mean it sucks anyway you see it. ( i am selfemloyed)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

If he doesn't want to work long hours or pay bills, the last thing he should do is start a business.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Your ordeal seems to be spreading. Well not so much an ordeal as an enlightenment.

I for one will be glad to quit my job and tend to my garden full time when things get worse. Nothing like feeding your own family with your own home grown hard work!

I might even get some chickens and a goat or two!
Eggs + Milk + Corn Flour = MEAL!

Goats are not no maintenance creatures and there is a lot of work that goes into raising goats and chickens.

Crops have good years and bad years even when the weather is co-operating. It can be a disaster if it is not.

Stick to varieties that are indigenous to your area. They will be less finicky and it reduces the need for pesticides.

Good luck and be a good neighbor.

That is a sure fire way to make sure that you have good neighbors around you.

new topics

top topics

join