It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jindal to criticize stimulus in GOP response to Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Bobby Jindal really understands what America is all about and I really like his message. He is an example of the American dream come true. I am looking forward to his speech after Obama tonight.I saw this article on CNN and his words really inspired me and gave me hope that maybe there are still American politicians that care about their country and what it stands for.

Some quotes from the speech:
"To solve our current problems, Washington must lead, But the way to lead is not to raise taxes and put more money and power in the hands of Washington politicians. The way to lead is by empowering you, the American people, because we believe that Americans can do anything."

"Democratic leaders say their legislation will grow the economy, What it will do is grow the government, increase our taxes down the line, and saddle future generations with debt."

This one is my favorite.
"Who among us would ask our children for a loan, so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need? That is precisely what the Democrats in Congress just did. It's irresponsible."

www.cnn.com...

I am 100% in agreement with him.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Eh.... this guy was on FOX earlier. They were praising him to no end.

Why are you so quick to trust it?

No offense, just wondering.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
Eh.... this guy was on FOX earlier. They were praising him to no end.

Why are you so quick to trust it?

No offense, just wondering.

What so he was on FOX so he can't be trusted? He was on CNN and other news outlets as well. I am not sure what that has to do with anything.

He is saying things that many Americans agree with. I think the majority of Americans want the government to stay out of our lives as much as possible. I hope other people begin the stand up against destroying our childrens future. We need more Americans like Bobby Jindal.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have to say that after listening to Bobby Jindal speak last night I was very dissappointed with his performance. He was nervous and had a funny way of reading from the teleprompter. I was cringing watching him. It was uncomfortable. What he said I agree with but his delivery basically sucked.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
By most account, Jindal's speech as a failure. I myself found it shallow and unconvincing. As other had mentioned, his state accepted an enormous amount of federal help, dished out by the govt, and he has the nerve to say that the govt is a problem.

Reviews on FOX for either neutral or damning. If Jindal is the best the GOP can offer, they are dead in the water.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
For a rising star in the party he isn't too bright. He'll go down in flames in a month or two. I like the way these guys blame Obama for everything but the Bushhead started it

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sadly the Republican party has become a one trick pony. Cut Taxes. Thats all they spout. It's utter nonsense and bull.

Thats all the GOP has anymore. Cut Taxes. But who do they want to cut taxes on? The Businesses and the wealthy. Middle class people, and the working poor are supposed to bear the brunt of the tax burden in this country with the premise that if the GOP cuts taxes on business and the wealthy they somehow will become less greedy.

If you give more money to people who already hoard money do you think for one second that will make them miraculously generous?

Less government lower taxes. Yep Wall Street really loved less government involvement. The banks we are now bailing out really loved less government involvement. Bernie Madoff loved the less government approach. That really worked out great GOP.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
some say that Republicans only know how to cut taxes. I argue that they never have. No one EVER cuts taxes. Obama put a tax cut provision, but he wants to tax capital gains, which is the very thing that creates jobs and production, you tax that you tax EVERYBODY. They don't cut taxes, they just move them from one bracket to another. No one in this nation has EVER cut taxes. Even though if we actually had, we'd be better off.

new topics

top topics

join