It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inca Nazca lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Other prints have formed "roads" like geometric planes and appear to have been occupied by large groups of the population.[/img]Stretching across the Nazca plains - like a giant map or blueprint left by ancient astronauts, lie the famous Nazca Lines of Peru. It also known as Nazca figures, Nazca Pictures and Nazca Images.

The Nazca Lines are an engima. No one know who had built them or indeed why. Since their discovery, the Nazca Lines have inspired fantastic explanations from ancient gods, a landing strip for returning aliens, a celestial calendar, used for rituals probably related to astronomy, to confirm the ayllus or clans who made up the population and to determine through ritual their economic functions held up by reciprocity and redistribution or, a map of underground water supplies.

www.crystalinks.com...

Mod Note: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by asala]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I once heard that the Nazca lines were used in the Final test to be a Shaman. Each depiction has a small circle in it, for the to be shaman to complete his training he was to sit in the circle and leave the body high in the air and to come back and tell the trainer what the depiction was.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That actually sounds fairly plausible. I had never heard that before. Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That's a great theory, first time I've ever heard of it.

My theory was that they initially made a small version that they could easily all stand around and analyze. Then they would divide the image into rows and columns. They would then divide the desired land for the image into an equal amount of rows and columns. The picture would be made up almost like a computer image, smaller parts(pixels) making up a larger whole. They were extremely familiar with astronomy and the motion of celestial objects, so they could've easily used stars/constellations as squares and rulers/levels.

Under that mindset I'd say they went through this gargantuan effort to honour their gods, the stars in the sky.

Peace

top topics

join