It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Guard cancels urban warfare exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
qctimes.com...

its nice to know this isnt going to happen, but the idea of the national guard training to confiscate weapons from americans is disturbing.

has any other state been doing such training ? i live in iowa and didnt even hear about this until it was cancelled.

what are your thoughts? i know some of you will take this and run .

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Hapgood say guard officials changed the plans because the unit involved recently installed new leadership, and smaller unit training would be more beneficial.

qctimes.com...

They probably canceled it because nobody showed up to the town meeting they held looking for volunteers.

Pure speculation here, but would you want the Army going through your cupboards, to get training to go through your cupboards?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Someone posted in another thread that Alex Jones has been saying that this exercise would continue, to practice dealing with an armed public, anyway. The people are the 'enemies', and that the military often lies to enemies...

I am glad this will really not be happening.(Hopefully)

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Actually, according to ALL local news broadcasts, there wasn't a single problem in the whole town of Arcadia to participate. The apprehension came from OUTSIDE the state of Iowa.
The town has lots of veterans, young and old. The locals that were interviewed were all willing to pitch in and help out our military. They expressed disgust at the idiots that objected. The training was for URBAN WARFARE. What? Is the United States the only place with "URBAN" areas?

PS: Attempts to bash the UNITED STATES MILITARY suck! Military service is honorable and our troops earn their keep. They've got your back if you are a U.S. citizen and people that question that piss me off!

.......Its the politicians you should question!

[edit on 25-2-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hurricane season and tornado season are right around the corner.

I am sure that many units across the US will find plenty of ways to get their training in.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
They were probably training in preparation for the upcoming war in Pakistan.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Perhaps I should have made it more clear that I was only being sarcastic, and that I, personally, wouldn't want my home used as a training ground for urban warfare.

As far as the "bashing the U.S, military" comment goes, please refer to a post I made a couple hours ago and see if your unwarranted accusation still holds water.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
from this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also think picking on posters is highly discouraged here, so please consider commenting on the OP itself and not so much my position on it.

Peace

[edit on 25-2-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

top topics

join