It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird "Dream".......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't know why I've decided to post this here, but what the hell...

About five minutes ago I just woke up from a 2 hour or so nap. During this nap, there was an instance in my sleep where I felt as though I wasn't even in my sleep. It was probably a lucid dream, but what happened felt incredibly real. I just thought I'd share this with my fellow ATS'ers to express what I just experienced.
During this "dream" I am in my living room with both my parents watching tv. And this is where it gets weird. I can't remember the details much for some reason, but I do remember a few parts. The main part I remember is that during this time, I felt very strong vibrations, and when I mean vibrations I mean I literately FELT them. Then I saw this very very bright light, like a yellowish light sort of. It felt like a dream within a dream somehow.
I don't remember much after that but I do remember an instance during my dream where I somehow find out that I could've had 2 brothers, 2 twins to be exact. (After I was 7 years old, my dad got a rare leg sickness that caused him to stop working and still doesn't. My mom always joked about having more kids if it wasn't for this, and I'm an only child because of this).
Also during this "big flash" I witnessed colors molding like a painting sort of. But I don't know how that fits into this equation.

The main point I'm trying to get out here is that in this "dream" I have never before felt literal vibrations go through my body. It felt like sleep paralisis which I've had before, so it could've been that. But there wasn't much fear involved with normal sleep paralisis'. I meditate sometimes but not often so I don't have much of an idea what this all could've been. Did I astral project? Or was it just a dream?....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The vibrations possibly were from sleep paralysis.

I was actually trying to AP this morning and felt the vibrations but ended up falling asleep - my dream was then about trying to AP, and I could still feel the vibrations quite clearly. In fact I'm still not sure which parts I was awake for and which parts I was asleep. Sometimes weird dreams can do a real number on you

Also, I think you said something about not feeling fear so you didn't think it was sleep paralysis. I've had paralysis a few times and I've never seen anything scary or felt afraid so it isn't always a bad experience.

As for the dream itself, who knows? Only you can figure that one out

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
A number of years ago, I had a very similar experience. Completely different dream (of course), but the same vibration feeling in my body. I knew I was asleep and feeling this vibration in my body, but was also conscious of this vivid dream (vision?) I was having. It was the coolest feeling. I wasn't afraid at all. I didn't feel paralyzed or scared. I felt like every cell in my body was buzzing. I've often wondered what that was, and have wanted to experience it again.

Thank you for posting your experience. It helped shed some light on my own.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It is your subconscience trying to worn you. The vibrations are warnings of an earthquake, and the color is warning you of where it will occur, YELLOWSTONE. Your subconscience is like a book , read and intrepret.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GirlNextDoor

Cool. That's basically what I felt as well. Thank you for sharing

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I would even entertain the idea that you 'slid'....that you were viewing actual alternate reality one in which you do have brothers. The vibration could be diminsional shift.

Just an idea! Thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

That's what I've wondered, too. Not to turn this to me, but the dream I had was so vivid and, unlike most dreams, I remember every detail of it.

Are there others out there who have had this or a similar experience? Has anyone been able to intentionally repeat the experience? Maybe some of our resident APers have some insight?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
A few nights ago I had a strange dream. It felt like 4 electrical jolts inside the middle of my chest. I couldn't tell if it was just a dream or real because the 4th one woke me up. It wasn't that body jerk thing or an entire bodily shake. I wasn't scared as I usually would be. I laid there for a few minutes with the feeling I should get up and investigate, yet also thought it was a trick to get me to get up, so I didn't. Not sure why I thought that, but it's just what came to mind. Then it suddenly became hot in my bedroom, like a hot summer night of about 100 degrees, but I wasn't sweating and my body didn't feel hot, just the room did. I had the furnace set to low, so it couldn't have been that. It was really strange, as if some hot electrical charge passed through my house and electrocuted me on it's way through. The heat passed and returned to normal temps within a few seconds. I suppose it could've been a medical condition causing it ...

[edit on 27-2-2009 by violet]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Sounds like a regular lucid dream.

Those things are weird man... sometimes right when I go lucid I will feel intense vibrations. Im like, "YES! Im dreaming!" And then a second later these vibrations will go through my body.

Happenes to alot of lucid dreamers. So... sounds like you had a lucid dream.

top topics

join