It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Trust Bank Receives Bailout Money; Throws Huge Los Angeles Party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Northern Trust Bank Receives Bailout Money; Throws Huge Los Angeles Party

www.associatedcontent.com

Northern Trust received $1.6 billion as a result of U.S. government bailouts, and now it seems they have been spending that money on parties. TMZ is reporting that Northern Trust Bank has just finished spending a fortune on lavish parties and concerts in Los Angeles over the past week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is simply an outrage that a bank accepts 1.6 billion dollars of tax payers money and proceed to throw lavish parties like they don't even know that the economy is on life support. It is obvious that these bankers think they are above it all and could care less about the average person that is struggling to get by.

Northern Trust sponsored the Northern Trust Open at the Riviera Country Club in L.A. Northern Trust paid millions to sponsor the PGA event which ended Sunday. The partying after the event was lavish to say the least and they should be embarrassed.

Highlights of the partying:
Wednesday, Northern Trust hosted a fancy dinner at the Ritz followed by a performance by the group Chicago. Female guests at the Chicago concert all got trinkets from TIFFANY AND CO.

Thursday, Northern Trust rented a private hangar at the Santa Monica Airport for dinner, followed by a performance by Earth, Wind & Fire.

Saturday, Northern Trust had the entire House of Blues in West Hollywood shut down for its private party. Guests dined on seared salmon and petite Angus filet. Dinner was followed by a performance by none other than Sheryl Crow.

I say to hell with all these bankers they are the scum of the earth. Northern Trust should have to give back the bailout money immediatly. It seems they do not need it.

www.associatedcontent.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Sounds an aweful lot like de ja vu to me...

This in-our-face violating and raping of us all will continue until WE THE PEOPLE rise up and stop it.

These greed-mongering criminals will never stop doing this, and why should they, when their henchmen and enforcers---The U.S. government keep helping them?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Check your facts. Seriously. I hate bankers, but the case and I know the VP of Northern Trust in Chicago, is that Northern Trust has many different divisions which are actually seperate financial entities. The entity basically another company who didn't get bailout money had the party, that division did very well for themselves and their investors. Focus the hate where it is deserved.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This money was not needed, Northern Trust Bank is and has been a healthy bank.

This money was given to northern trust bank as a investment by the government under false pretences.
Now its being called bailout money. that this bank never needed.
This is just a trap BY THE DEMOCRATS to make this and all banks look bad
here is the banks statement on what happened.
tmz.vo.llnwd.net...

This is the same type of trick the democrats are pulling on Bank of America a healthy bank.
After BOA took over Merrill Lynch and Countrywide FOR THE GOVERNMENT to keep them from collapsing the GOVERNMENT PAYED BOA money to support BOAs help in saving them.
this was not a BAILOUT of BOA but money payed to BOA for there help in saving these other companies
if BOA had NOT taken over these other companies for the government these companies would have went bankrupt and the government would have payed a lot more.

This is like you are a homeowner and you are making payments at 8% interest without any problems and the government comes to you and gives you a chance to takeover a rental property to keep the renters from being evicted and they will loan you the money at 1% to do it.
You make a good living and there are renters that pay for the second property so this looks like a great deal.
TILL the next summer when you plan to take a vacation the government tells you that you can not because you took the governments loan.

This is a BS trick by the Democrats to make banks look bad so they can nationalize the banking industry or put in Draconian laws to force the banks to do what they want. like make more loans to people that can't pay the loan payments.

The absolute worst thing that can happen in the US is a government controlled banking system where the government controls what companies or groups can get loans and can use this control to gain total power.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by elston
Check your facts. Seriously. I hate bankers, but the case and I know the VP of Northern Trust in Chicago, is that Northern Trust has many different divisions which are actually seperate financial entities. The entity basically another company who didn't get bailout money had the party, that division did very well for themselves and their investors. Focus the hate where it is deserved.

Seriously, It all falls under one bank no matter if one division does better then another. It looks bad to the public and they just don't get it. If they were so well off they should have turned the government down.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Another thing worth mentioning from the article is that in December Northern Trust laid off 4% of their workforce. I would think that if they maybe scaled back on the lavish parties and golf tournaments they could have saved many of those jobs, maybe all of them. To me that would have been the honorable thing to do but there is certainly no honor amongst bankers.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
while this is an outrage it got me thinking

where does it stop???in regards to our demands as what they can and can't do???

i see banks still sponsoring nascar,,,,is that necessary,,,or the story of them sponsoring the new stadium in ny

also,,,gm,, ford still are in nascar,,,,and i heard it costs them about 500 million a year to stay in it

so when do we cut that off,,,,or even tv advertisements,,,,,or should it be none of our business?????

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn

i see banks still sponsoring nascar,,,,is that necessary,,,or the story of them sponsoring the new stadium in ny

also,,,gm,, ford still are in nascar,,,,and i heard it costs them about 500 million a year to stay in it

so when do we cut that off,,,,or even tv advertisements,,,,,or should it be none of our business?????

GM & Ford are NASCAR. They couldn't pull out of NASCAR. Would you have Louisville Slugger (baseball bats) shut down baseball because there were no bats? (silly I know)

NASCAR is advertising for big company sponsors and has always promoted competition between the auto makers.

Since some bail outs are obviously going companies that are out of bounds with where they sponsor and advertise that still shouldn't preclude them from strategically advertising and perhaps in a regulated environment since we 0wN their azzes now. That's my opinion.

When I see ads for Bank Of America I used to be proud ... Now I laugh at them for having taken bailout loot after wasting money buying up Merrill Lynch. I have 2 or 3 BoA accounts that I'm closing and we've moved all our accts. to the strongest american bank.

[edit on 2·25·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
some financial institutes have to throw huge parties.. i have seen some such places as hawaii, vegas, cruises, london, atlantis, my fav offer was rome .. it's for top preformers as incentive, and to the agents, trust me, they matter. some of aig's parties (not all) where for this purpose.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
See? Already this bank has helped the economy by spending money (courtesy of the American taxpayers). It's supposed to be a win-win situation: fat bastards get to party; workers get their paychecks and tips, too! Neat, huh?

[edit on 2009-2-25 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Greed, Greed, Greed

Yes they should return the money ASAP.

On a personal note, I would have held my party at the Playboy Mansion.

Bang, Bang, BANG!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

y did you feel proud of boa? .. it was founded as bank of italy.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Bankers are so greedy. You know the sensible thing for them to do to help people is just lower the credit card interest rates to 8.99%. Chase Business card is charging 8.99% interest rate.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

Originally posted by shortywarn

GM & Ford are NASCAR. They couldn't pull out of NASCAR. Would you have Louisville Slugger (baseball bats) shut down baseball because there were no bats? (silly I know)

NASCAR is advertising for big company sponsors and has always promoted competition between the auto makers.

Since some bail outs are obviously going companies that are out of bounds with where they sponsor and advertise that still shouldn't preclude them from strategically advertising and perhaps in a regulated environment since we 0wN their azzes now. That's my opinion.

When I see ads for Bank Of America I used to be proud ... Now I laugh at them for having taken bailout loot after wasting money buying up Merrill Lynch. I have 2 or 3 BoA accounts that I'm closing and we've moved all our accts. to the strongest american bank.

[edit on 2·25·09 by DrMattMaddix]

yes your right but.........

do you really think people buy cars because of nascar??? i doubt it,,,,and yeah if you like nascar,,,and racing,,, you probably alrerady buy gm or ford

do they really need to spend 500 million on racing when begging for our tax dollars,,,,,
i love racing of all sorts,,,,,and i really am not sure,,,,,,,that's a waist of 500 million in my opinion

i know the old addage of win on sunday sell on monday......
well,,, that's surely not true anymore

and besides,,,,,,most people couldn't tell a ford from a toyota without the stick on headlight stickers and grille---if you cal it a grille

so,,,,really that car has no relation to a showroom car as it once did,,,,and people don't buy a car because it is on tv winning races,,,, that was a thing of the 50's and 60's

if gm and ford pulled their money out,,,,,,would nascar run all toyota's????

and also if they did that,,,,,,do you really think it would affect the current sale numbers???? i doubt it

i'm just saying,,,,,,, i see a company on tv begging for money and they waste 500 million a year on a sideshow,,,extra-curricular activity

is that right????

in 2 years that's a billion dollars

that could go a long way in R&D of lithium batteries,,,,,,or streamlining plants

so do you honestly think 2 years of nascar sponsorship is wortha billion dollars per car company????

i highly doubt it brings in the same amount or more,,,,than if they didn't

especially in the last few years with our state of affairs being what they are

ito me it's like,,,,,asking my mom to borrow money for a car,,,,because i need to get to work,,,,,but telling her,,,,, i have to have a cadillac with leather interior,,,,not a good running,reliable pinto or pacer

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Waddell would like to thank you all for the great party:

www.blables.com...

new topics

top topics

join