It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Backmasking, Real or paranoia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
what do ppl think, do you believe there are actual hidden messages in our music, examples like "stairway to heaven backwards" are very convincing

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Very real, the uses and applications have been used for decades in this country, by the way any one doubting wether or not this is a real tool for subversive controll need only look as far as reverse speach, which is now an accredited science accourding to the US gov. Also Dr David Oates prooved that children actually speak in reverse prior to speaking forward. Also just for grins check out speach reversals, they are more relavant than you might think. Look into it before you debunk, or try to.lol

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If humans naturally produce reverse speech, then how does one tell if Stairway to Heaven was intentional "backward masking" or simply Robert Plant revealing his inner child?

Peace!

[edit on 2/24/2009 by GrandIllusion]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Backmasking is absolutely real.

Dream Theater's song, Pull Me Under has obvious backmasking in it's Chorus. While they are singing "Pull me under! Pull me under! Pull me under!" forward, they are chanting "I'm not evil! I'm not evil! I'm not evil!" in clear English in reverse. If you have any doubt, listen to this song's Chorus backwards.

For the most part, any sound editing software is capable of doing this for you. Simply apply a reverse effect to the song once it's loaded into your software. If you want to get right to it, listen to the song once normally and select the section with the Chorus, and apply the reverse effect to only that section. Then play it back.

Try it out. This is surely not the only example of such ingenuity.

EDIT: Clarity

[edit on 24-2-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
Very real, the uses and applications have been used for decades in this country, by the way any one doubting wether or not this is a real tool for subversive controll need only look as far as reverse speach, which is now an accredited science accourding to the US gov. Also Dr David Oates prooved that children actually speak in reverse prior to speaking forward. Also just for grins check out speach reversals, they are more relavant than you might think. Look into it before you debunk, or try to.lol

Not going to say whether reverse speech is credible or not, but just wanted to chime in and add here that recent speech reversals of Obama's address shows evidence that he is preparing a large scale extra-terrestrial attack/false flag according to numerous websites.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

Got any links about that? Or care to point me in the right direction?

This thread from back in December might be interesting if anyone cares to check out some of the things we heard running a few things through a program called Audacity. Heard some weird things in speeches from Obama and several others. I'm still not sure how much I believe it is a subconscious thing and not just the ears trying to form patterns out of gibberish, but it certainly is an interesting topic.

Edit: While speech reversal and back masking aren't quite the same thing, they are similar. Just in case anyone was wondering why the thread I linked to is about speech reversal.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Jenna]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You may also want to consider this thread:
War against our Freedom?

new topics

top topics

join