It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Media Portal IS NOT YouTube or Break.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We will not tolerate juvenile comments directed toward those who make the effort to contribute content to our media portal. We've already permanently banned three members who were engaging in insulting and/or off-color comments, and now need to make what should be obvious, much more clear.

As is always the case, insulting other members anywhere on ATS will result in action against your account. Typically the action on ATS has been post-removals with warnings, posting bans, and account termination in extreme cases. With the media portal being potentially a much more personal medium of self-expression in many new ways, we will be much more strict. If you post insulting comments, you may be banned immediately, and without warning.

It's unfortunate that we need to make an announcement that common every-day manners are expected of our members. But there you have it.

Also, members now have the ability to delete member comments. Soon, this ability will be updated so that our staff is alerted to the author and content of each deleted comment.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Bravo. Simply, bravo.

I always grimace when see those nit-picky or name calling posts. It reflects poorly on all of us.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Well I for one am glad this has taken place!

Thank you all in charge it's hard for those of us who truly enjoy the forums to see this type of garbage go on.

I look forward to many more moons enjoying the creative efforts of my fellow ATS members

PEACE
SLAY

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Great call.

It takes guts for members to post vlogs and they don't need to worry about the snarky, sleazy, or rude comments of others.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I hate stupid those stupid postings when people purposefully set out to cause hatred towards another member. Absoloutely no need for it what so ever.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Thank you for making it easier for people to express themselves with out "fear" of being ridiculed.

And thanks for the blog area as well as the vlogs.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

great

last thing we need is what we get on youtube where if someone posts anything
the comments fields end up being used as Spam and insults

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You just gave me a heart attack there!!!
I mean i receive a u2u that looks like i have done something bad, while its a warning...
Anyways my heart starts to beat normally just now...

I am lucky i am just a nice guy, so i guess i need not worry, since i never insult people. (mostly i am on the insulted side of things)

keep up the quality. I am here with you!

link   

It's unfortunate that we need to make an announcement that common every-day manners are expected of our members. But there you have it.

It is indeed unfortunate. The super high standards of civility and decorum that are in place here truly separate ATS from all the "other" low-rent swill pits.

Thanks and Cheers!

link   
thank you!

it's sad that you even had to post this in the first place ...

[edit on 24-2-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow, is it really out of control like that? I personally have not seen anyone insulted, thankfully.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sounds good to me.

One of the reasons why i hate youtube currently

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I know for a fact that one member had decided no to post any more Vlogs until that situation was resolved.

To SO, thank you for your quick action on this. It's great when the staff here takes care of things so quickly and efficiently. You truly astound me.

It is sad that it was needed to do things like this but considering the large variety of people here, I figure that it was inevitable that a situation requiring this would crop up. I'm very glad that fast reaction to this has been made.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So what actually accounts as juvenile, some people can take a comment better than others.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for stepping up on this matter.

If the time comes I ever do upload anything, this is one less thing for me to have to worry about.

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

everything serves a function. Youtube is just another source and can be trashier than the traditional tube. My resolution? I do not pay attention to the comments...

Acting politicaly correct is on thing. Being politicaly correct is another.
You need the best of both worlds. However :
none has the right of insult to another

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh, and getting "David Hasselhoffed" is not going to be an excuse for derogatory comments.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Imagine you just walked up to the window at a bank to make a withdrawal. How do you treat the teller whom you've never met before? That should answer your question. Just be polite.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's kinda sad that this even needs to be said. Common sense isn't all that common I guess.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Also, members now have the ability to delete member comments.

Quite an ingenious way to save some disc space.

Well, show me how it works.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join