It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i am feeling suicidal again...i'm lost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I know it's simplistic but you've got to DO something or you will always feel helpless.
If you don't have anything constructive to do, go for a walk. If you feel down, go for a walk, If you are lonely, go for a walk.
Walk a LOT. It's free and will be there for you every time you need it. The human body was engineered to walk and it will be great therapy for you. Mentally, physically and emotionally.

It helps you think and put things into perspective. It calms you down. It gets those healthy hormones and endorphins flowing. It gets you out of the house.

I came back from 2 years in Iraq as a strung out basket case and walked 500 miles through the appalachians to get unwound.
It will help - I promise.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Walk a LOT. It's free and will be there for you every time you need it. The human body was engineered to walk and it will be great therapy for you. Mentally, physically and emotionally.

It helps you think and put things into perspective. It calms you down. It gets those healthy hormones and endorphins flowing. It gets you out of the house.

he's not wrong

it does sound simplistic - but it's amazing what just walking will do for you

even if you're not someone who really likes walking - it can help you

[edit on 2/28/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
life is suffering. the cause of suffering is desire. let it go. Forget about what you had and focus on what you have. Enjoy the things you take for granted. let go of the negativity. Happiness can be found anywhere by anyone, unless you keep it away by focusing on things that cannot be changed and chase after dreams that cannot be realized, Take a good look at your life and recognize what you can and cannot accomplish with it, do not hate the flaws or pretend they don't exist, understand them and accept them. Allow others to accept them, even if they respond with negativity. Never let other people's negativity keep you from doing what's best for yourself. You don't live your life for them, you have to live your life for yourself.

All good, but the devastation you are feeling is a normal process and you should not shy away from really looking at this pain and what brought you to this ending. You have come out of isolation and life is already wanting to replace your loss. Walking has been the best remedie for me also in time of crisis. At the wonderfull age of 30 you have much to experience - like getting through this, stronger in the end so you can be a better teacher to your child. Best Wishes to you brother

[edit on 28-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

[edit on 28-2-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I've gotten down on myself pretty bad in my few years on this earth. And everytime, it has gotten better, just like it will with you, because it does seem for every up there is a down and every down there is an up.

Like you have an ex-wife, I've never had a wife. I've had close relationships, but for the majority of my life I've never had anyone at all and been single. I find that even if you aren't in a relationship you still have that love, that something to offer. I find that it sort of turns into a more general love for those in your life and your environment, instead of all focused on one person. And I haven't shared THAT anywhere but ATS, because it would freak most everyone out. It is not a bad thing really, it's just another path, another way of looking at things.

All this good stuff happens in relationships and then at the end it's just "Oh he/she broke my heart." And that's the life story summed up in a sentence. But really you made eachother smile so much and feel so great and all those moments. Then you asked her to marry you and she says yes and everybody cries. You don't need her to bring that love out of you, it's been inside of you all along, and if not always then certainly now.

But all we remember is the bad stuff, it's amazing how that bad stuff can push it's way to the front. Well you just have to tell the bad stuff that it's not the boss here, it can shove all it wants but it has to go to the back of the line.

I just hope you are doing well simply as a fellow ATSer. Do you know that I've never met a fellow ATSer? That I know of at least. It's just good to know that you guys are out there, going about your day, affecting and effecting things... wow

top topics

<< 1   >>

join