It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

athiest try to debunk the bible..why not the muslim belief ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
If you have been on this site or any open discussion site long enough you will have heard Christians debunking Islam and some Muslims debunking Christianity as a faith. But you are more likely to hear more Western atheists debunking Christianity more because they know more about it while they think Islam is another Hindu religion or something.

Atheists seem to think it’s the Christians faults for trying to disprove evolution and it's the Christian's fault for knowing more about Islamic history and differences in the two religions. In the end the Christian will remain in the middle of these threads being betrayed as the stupid gullible believer while the Muslims teach Christ was no saviour which favours the atheist’s point of view anyway. So in the end its the world verses believers in the Christ and that is why the West is so passive in banning crosses for Muslims, for banning prayer in schools for the sake of diversity but all at the same time the atheist sympathisers will build prayer rooms in schools colleges and hospitals while making an issue that you said Jesus as a name of faith and you become banned from it. In the end the Christians have all of to lose while the self styled atheist try and sound Christ like in their tolerance by banning his very message or reminder.

It's starting to sound like Christ before he was put on the cross on a global scale.

field, as the Lord commanded me."[a]

Matthew 27 (New International Version)

Jesus Before Pilate

11Meanwhile Jesus stood before the governor, and the governor asked him, "Are you the king of the Jews?"
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.
12When he was accused by the chief priests and the elders, he gave no answer. 13Then Pilate asked him, "Don't you hear the testimony they are bringing against you?" 14But Jesus made no reply, not even to a single charge—to the great amazement of the governor.

15Now it was the governor's custom at the Feast to release a prisoner chosen by the crowd. 16At that time they had a notorious prisoner, called Barabbas. 17So when the crowd had gathered, Pilate asked them, "Which one do you want me to release to you: Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?" 18For he knew it was out of envy that they had handed Jesus over to him.

19While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him."

20But the chief priests and the elders persuaded the crowd to ask for Barabbas and to have Jesus executed.

21"Which of the two do you want me to release to you?" asked the governor.
"Barabbas," they answered.

Text

It seems to me the athiests all sound like the crowd but on a Global scale as the spirit of this human nature is present in every day life.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

i have never heard a rational debunk of the muslim faith.

What are you talking about? Do a simple google search.

Here's a few:

Inquisitive Atheists - Islam (About Islam / Debunking Islam)

Islam Debunked

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Christians cannot moan and complain that their religion is being singled out for criticism. Christianity is NOT unique. It is not being attacked because it is THE truth as some have claimed.

Christianity is not that important.

Here's a interesting page.

Qur'an - A Work of Multiple Hands?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Christianity and Islam are not the only ones.

Watch Religulous.

So, Christians, please do not try and claim that Christianity is being attacked the most because it's the truth. I have pretty much debunked that.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
i am not even religious lol

i am saying on this site ATS a conspiracy site known for trying to debunk false claims...it has not touched the Muslims religion and in some topic's change the subject.

But i see 50000 threads on how Christianity Jesus even that lady that was running for vice president's religion was full of crap.

But none have started the definitive debunking of the Muslim faith.
In a way religion is a basis for all wars in some ways.
Therefore when one is barbaric and thinks it's ok to cut women's heads off for adultery..and is on the verge of being one of the worlds largest religion's.

Ats should attempt the ultimate debunk of muslim's religion.
Unbias
as many of other's have the other religions on here.
instead of fear of persecution or flame's.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
i am not even religious lol

i am saying on this site ATS a conspiracy site known for trying to debunk false claims...it has not touched the Muslims religion and in some topic's change the subject.

But i see 50000 threads on how Christianity Jesus even that lady that was running for vice president's religion was full of crap.

In a way religion is a basis for all wars in some ways.
Therefore when one is barbaric and thinks it's ok to cut women's heads off for adultery..and is on the verge of being one of the worlds largest religion's.

Ats should attempt the ultimate debunk of muslim's religion.
Unbias
as many of other's have the other religions on here.
instead of fear of persecution or flame's.

What you are asking is illogical.

People can not debunk a religion that is foreign to them and one that they do not even recognize.

You have knowledge of this religion and you feel you know enough about to criticize it but the average American can not tell you anything about this religion except what they have been told by the MSM.

They don't debunk it because it does not exist in their lives.

You won't get what you want here but there are other places on the net where you can get the fight that you re looking for.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I can start a thread
Hmmm, maybe I'll do just that.

It would be a refreshing change to all the Christianity debunking threads.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Any thread that debunks part of the Old Testament debunks 3 faiths: Christian, Jew, and Muslim. The OT is the foundation for all three faiths, and all three use the OT as part of their bible.

Most of the anti-Muslim faith rants you see here (as others have said) are based on selective readings (we can find equally genocidal verses in the Old Testament and the New Testament) of the books. Some are based on cultural practices (practices that Christians had at one time but gave up about 400 years ago.)

In order to debunk a religion you need to know quite a bit about it. If you want to do so, you should start by reading the Old Testament and then going on to the Koran.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
OMG this is gona be so fun! Debunking Islam.....Let's look at the Qur'an

The Cow

6: "Surely those who disbelieve, it being alike to them whether you warn them, or do not warn them, will not believe."

7: "Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing and there is a covering over their eyes, and there is a great punishment for them."

8: "And there are some people who say: We believe in Allah and the last day; and they are not at all believers."

9: "They desire to deceive Allah and those who believe, and they deceive only themselves and they do not perceive."

10: "There is a disease in their hearts, so Allah added to their disease and they shall have a painful chastisement because they lied."

(chastisement means to punish, as by beating)

Wow, this is just the start of the book and already god has an aggressive stance on non-believers.

24: "But if you do (it) not and never shall you do (it), then be on your guard against the fire of which men and stones are the fuel; it is prepared for the unbelievers."

We going to hell people lol, it's all ready and prepared for us.....get ready!!

38: "We said: Go forth from this (state) all; so surely there will come to you a guidance from Me, then whoever follows My guidance, no fear shall come upon them, nor shall they grieve."

39: "And (as to) those who disbelieve in and reject My communications, they are the inmates of the fire, in it they shall abide."

This is god's wisdom?

90: "Evil is that for which they have sold their souls-- that they should deny what Allah has revealed, out of envy that Allah should send down of His grace on whomsoever of His servants He pleases; so they have made themselves deserving of wrath upon wrath, and there is a disgraceful punishment for the unbelievers."

So i'm screwed basically, what a wonderful religion.
These are the verses justifying suicide bombings!

244: "fight for the cause of Allah and know that Allah is Hearer, knower."

190: "fight for the sake of Allah those that who fight against you, but do not attack them first, Allah does not love the aggressors."

191: "Kill them wherever you find them, drive them out of the places from whcih they drove you, for tumult and persecution are worse than killing. But do not fight them at the inviolable Sanctuary until they first attack you there, but if they attack you there, then kill them. Such is the reward of the disbelievers."

The Women

106: "And ask forgiveness of Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Merciful and forgiving my ass
the above verses prove otherwise

150: "Surely those who disbelieve in Allah and His apostles and (those who) desire to make a distinction between Allah and His apostles and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and desire to take a course between (this and) that."

151: "These it is that are truly unbelievers, and We have prepared for the unbelievers a disgraceful chastisement."

lol it gets better and better..............I can go on if anyone wants me to.
I've got plenty more verses that show how ungodly the qur'an really is.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by andre18]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I tend to think that we debunk christianity more often because thats what we're faced with most of the time...

no fear of debunking islam... I've done it before, when I'm up against a muslim argument.

The fact of the matter is, christians will always feel they are being debunked the most, because well.. their christians...

Atheists will debunk the argument at hand... Since you are christian, bringing christian faith/arguments, the argument you will always hear is Against christianity...

I think we see less threads on islam on here because there aren't many muslims on ATS... or at least, it seems like there aren't many...

thats my take anyway. If someone wants to see Islam debunked... start a thread, I'm willing to participate.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

"Atheism" and Islam are simply tools that the Freemasons are using to fight against the Jesuits and the Roman Catholic church.

Most, if not all, atheists don't know what they're talking about, so you should just ignore them.

Well that's a very sweeping generalisation and is also quite idiotic in content. How on earth can an atheist NOT know that he or she doesn't believe in god?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You see this happen because this is mostly a "western" forum. Maybe if you lived in, say, Beirut things would be different for you. Because, I am sure, you are educated enough not to see every arab as a crazy muslim fanatic, aren't you?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i understand the argument you all have put before me.
We westerners don't deal with Muslims on a daily basis ect..
Therefore we feel more up too debunk Christians cause it rile's them up.

And i understand to debunk one in a way debunks another.

I have heard the argument looking around the net.
The kuran is 200 years older than the bible.
And the bible is older than the kuran.
Now it look's to me someone had to copy and make up there holy book.
kinda like plagiarism old school style.
But i have not the slightest idea how to find out who is correct.

But that right there would be a blow to the religion lying right there.
If you see my point.

But yes someone smarter than me
start a thread the definitive debunk of the Muslim faith.
I know most only hear what is said on tv of the religion.
But it's kinda scary to think the religion you CAN NOT question or you get put to death in some country's...
Has not been debunked on here is all im sayin lol

as i said once i am not part of any religious belief.
I am open to suggestions..but atm not bias in any way

Just be heading's forcing women to cover there face's big list of stuff scare's me to no end..that people go for a religion to me stink's of hard core hatred toward women and anyone that don't agree with them.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
[
So let's please debunk the Muslim religion as all atheist have tried to do Christianity and Jesus ect..

If the bible and kuran are false it is worth debunking. equally.

you debunked the bible you debunked the quran.quran was say formulated a good 200 to 500 years after the supposed xtian bible was cooked up by those ptbs of that time...theres a good chance that those who were persecuted by the status quo then found a safe haven in the desolate landscape of arabia...desolate but rife with notions of great and powerful gods...after all xtians / muslims we're only humans...and since then this evil cycle hasnt stopped.its us and them and us and them...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
[Just be heading's forcing women to cover there face's big list of stuff scare's me to no end..that people go for a religion to me stink's of hard core hatred toward women and anyone that don't agree with them.
covering a womans face is no big thing when you you understand how this people think.in fact for me its kind of relief...and im no muslim and im right in their midst right now...though i can tell you its a sure sign of insecurity for both their men and women folk here.as for their tenets in their religion xtians and muslims belief bottomline is the final judgement day.the xtians are drugged by faith, muslims are anesthesized by their fear...both of the unknown.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Any thread that debunks part of the Old Testament debunks 3 faiths: Christian, Jew, and Muslim. The OT is the foundation for all three faiths, and all three use the OT as part of their bible.

Most of the anti-Muslim faith rants you see here (as others have said) are based on selective readings (we can find equally genocidal verses in the Old Testament and the New Testament) of the books. Some are based on cultural practices (practices that Christians had at one time but gave up about 400 years ago.)

In order to debunk a religion you need to know quite a bit about it. If you want to do so, you should start by reading the Old Testament and then going on to the Koran.

In theory you could say they are debunking 3 faiths if you debunk the Old Testement but to be more precise the Qu'ran has it's own version of Genesis anyway and the accounts are different and I would not regard that version even though it's supposed to be similar as being the same anyway as the Old Testemant. It gets even further with the Morman Bible too so don't even start on that issue. I think the current issues with Islam is Muslims them selves and the problems related to our differences and our security and demands. But many do not know what the Qu'ran says and do not know how to expose the truth of how extreamists think and why certain laws are considered here as intollerant and against human rights. Once people know what they are talking about they can start debunking. The truth is that Muslims hide from them selves what is actually written in their religions be it good or bad and society will not know untill populations have spewed over with the revelations of mass differences that were hidden away.

Some could argue that this is like stealth for of Jihad, the system creeps up on its free society only to consume it, demanding you put your cross down only to bite you hand when you do. Many people are waking up to this but some need convincing. many countries with Growing Islamic minorities go into civil war of unrest untill the passive host is over come.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Islam was created by Muhammad as an offshoot of Christianity. I read once that most of the rhetoric about killing infidels was added after his "prophecies" were rejected by the world's major Christian institutions.

The religion is based on the Old Testament and those prophecies of Muhammad. Allah and God are one and the same; the Muslims just believe some different things about him.

Still... if you disprove one, you disprove the other. Sadly for mankind, the very concept of "God" is so convoluted and unscientific that it can neither be proven nor disproved. And that is a shame, because mankind could accomplish some awesome things if we'd get off our knees and quit groveling to gods who - if they exist - can't even be bothered to stop in and say "hi" every now and then.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

"Atheism" and Islam are simply tools that the Freemasons are using to fight against the Jesuits and the Roman Catholic church.

Most, if not all, atheists don't know what they're talking about, so you should just ignore them.

Wow, this probably has to be the most inaccurate statement I have ever heard in my entire life!

I do not believe in a supreme being but have studied religion in depth. There are no "Facts" in any religious text that I can find anywhere, what you do find however is that newer religions tend to "steal" ideas from others. Start reading here: www.pocm.info...

Now as for Islam it started in the 7th century... most of it is taken from Christian beliefs which were taken from other religious beliefs....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

I must respectfully disagree. Atheists address the Christian religions as it is the one that is dominate in the countries that they live in. It is as simple as that. If these were Muslim countries, we would address Muslim tenants. That said, many atheist do address these other religions as they deal with gods in general. Yours is as imaginary as theirs, especially considering you both have two sides of the same one. I have addressed, in numerous places, the false nature of every religion.

As for the ring of truth, I admit I actually laugh out loud at that. Where exactly would this "ring" be located?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join