It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

athiest try to debunk the bible..why not the muslim belief ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i want to understand why.

i have never heard a rational debunk of the muslim faith.
Why its ok to behead there women.
Why its ok to cut a thief's hand off.

Why its ok to burn other region's church's to the ground and kill them over cartoon's of Muhammad or who ever.

So let's please debunk the Muslim religion as all atheist have tried to do Christianity and Jesus ect..

Let's keep it fair folk's.
Don't fear them
And no flame fest

Some idea's like proof..
Which came first the bible or kuran..with proof not lies
Proof why or why not it's is or is not the only true word of god.
ect.ect..
You get the idea
thanks and don't take offense this is a debunking site...
If the bible and kuran are false it is worth debunking. equally.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It could be that the majority of atheists are from Christian countries that allow the disagreement with religion. Muslims countries won't let you publish books or websites that cry foul at the tenants of Islam.

Since this is what they (atheists) grew up around, it's what they fight against. Or at least it's the only argument we get to hear about.

[My opinion as a Christian]
Personally I think it's because Christianity has the most ring of truth is the reason they attack it. Why should the devil waste his time fighting false religions anyway? Would you if you were in his place?
[/Opinion]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by dbates]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Well for one, those things you list have nothing to do with Islam, they are cultural and political issues not religious.

A British reporter who was arrested in Afghanistan, and promised release if she read the Quran...

I’d been expecting Quran chapters on how to beat your wife and oppress your daughters; instead, I found passages promoting the liberation of women. Two-and-a-half years after my capture, I converted to Islam, provoking a mixture of astonishment, disappointment and encouragement among friends and relatives.

www.islamreligion.com...

I'm not supporting Islam, but you should really get informed and stop spreading MSM created lies.

Just like in your country, in the Middle East religion is used by the PTB to control it's people. Just like in your country it's not the people, or their religion, who are to blame it's their political system.

You'll find more hate in the Bible than in the Quran. Maybe you should try reading some of it? The Bible as well lol...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

"Atheism" and Islam are simply tools that the Freemasons are using to fight against the Jesuits and the Roman Catholic church.

Most, if not all, atheists don't know what they're talking about, so you should just ignore them.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think one of the reasons is that it is well known that the quran is open to interperation, unlike the bible were it is taken literaly, but then also have far too many different versions of christianity.
For example, the Jihad situation, some people use it to justify killing people of outher belifes, due to how they interperate it.
I acept the fact that there are fundermentals on both sides, and to be honest, in my personal view, a fundermental christian is just as bad as a fundermental muslim.

Also, because the Quran is not written in english, fewer people on this forum would be able to read it.

The one thing i can never understand about the 3 main religions though, (no matter if they are christian/muslim/jewish whatever) is why wars are created over the same god? Its rediculesly stupid on all parties.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
because that would be politicaly incorrect. these people only want to piss of religions that wont cut off their heads.....i say who cares what you do or dont belive in, thats your life choice and people that try to belittle you because of said belife are just angry a-holes trying to get attention

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Muslims countries won't let you publish books or websites that cry foul at the tenants of Islam.

No - they actualy kill you for blasphemy via state sanctioned execution:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Sounds incredibly insecure to me.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

That's my point i think the atheist have FEAR when it come's to trying to debunk there relgion.

So i was hoping we could try to dismiss a few falsity's in the kuran here on ats if possible.

It could be like the kuran names a city in it's text..that never existed historically.
ect.ect.
Just saying we should not be closed minded and thoroughly try to the best of our knowledge database to debunk the kuran.
as many over the last 60 years has the bible new testment king james version ect.ect..
And if we can't debunk it it must be true..correct?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I agree with dbates statement that most athiest are from christian nations. And in christian nations there are not many muslims. Therefore you dont have muslims pushing islam on you like you have christians pushing jesus on you. I believe the reason so many people try to debunk christianity is because of christianities, what I like to call recruiting policy, is always pushing their faith on other. I believe people get tired of that, so instead of just ignoring it they try to debunk it. If christians would just be quite and enjoy their religion by themselves, without pressuring others, I am willing to bet that the attempted debunkings of christianity will decrease immensely.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by tgreen2103]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

i see your point as a christian.

But
I am sure god would want us to question there religion i would assume.
If it is a false one.
He is suppose to be the ONE god.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgreen2103

I agree with dbates statement that most athiest are from christian nations. And in christian nations there are not many muslims. Therefore you dont have muslims pushing islam on you like you have christians pushing jesus on you. I believe the reason so many people try to debunk christianity is because of christianities, what I like to call recruiting policy, is always pushing their faith on other. I believe people get tired of that, so instead of just ignoring it they try to debunk it. If christians would just be quite and enjoy their religion by themselves, without pressuring others, I am willing to bet that the attempted debunkings of christianity will decrease immensely.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by tgreen2103]

People only attempt to debunk the bible because it is constantly being held up as fact yet to believe it you must have faith. Too many people who claim the title of Christian are the same people that push people away from their religion by their words, actions and deeds. They are truly poor ambassadors for Christ.

As far as the books of other religions go, most people in America have never seen one and have only heard them mentioned on occasion. They have no more need or desire to debunk those book as they would Green Eggs and Ham.

I was raised in a religious home and it was the attitude and the behavior of those that claimed to be the most religious and the most Christian that forced me from the club.

I don't mean to create dissention but if the bible is the instruction manual for Christians and the average Christian is the result of religion then I have little use for the bible or religion.

Now I am not going down this road again because the path always ends up at the same place.

Religion is a choice. Some people choose it and some people don’t.

I am not trying to start “another” religion. We have too many from what I can see now.

It is hard for some people to understand a love and belief in God without the restriction or the veil of religion. I don’t need someone to describe, define and instruct me on God. He does an excellent job of that himself.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
If you debunk the bible you pretty much debuck all other religious books. All the prophets from the bible is also to be found in the Koran.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Atheisme and criticising religion in general is a result of modern times.
Now we have freedom of speech in Western countries, what makes it very easy to speak out loud on every topic without having to fear for your life.

Go a few hundred years back in time, and you would end up a firestack for attacking christian religion.
Now we enjoy free access to lots of information, science, freedom of speech, historical facts, etc.
We can all judge for ourselves if we want to believe or not, and speak openly about it.

The majority of countries with muslim-religion do not (or very limited) have those freedoms, and for the few people who actually did criticise the muslim community, guess they fled their country before they could speak openly without fearing for their lives.

So i guess it isn't really related to the religion, but more to the location and countries that have certain religions.

But hey, i could be wrong

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

What do you mean "dont know what they are talking about?" When they talk about christianity?
That'd would be weird concidering most of them are ex-christians or raised among christians.

And how does the masons use atheism as a tool?

ELABORATE please... if you know what you're talking about that is

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The one thing i can never understand about the 3 main religions though, (no matter if they are christian/muslim/jewish whatever) is why wars are created over the same god? Its rediculesly stupid on all parties.

Thing is wars are rarely actually anything to do with God, or religion.

The MSM often portrays war in this way, because if people new what wars were really fought for they wouldn't stand for it.

Just like riots are usually blamed on race in the MSM, but that is far from reality.

All this just keeps you looking in the wrong direction, blaming the wrong people.

TPTB have the power and influence to do this. Money is a great motivator and morally neutral.

The real enemy is not a religion, or culture, or any group of people, it's the system of capitalism. That is the root cause of all our troubles, but nobody wants to admit it because they have been conditioned to think anything else is slavery. Capitalism is the 'great deception'....

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Too many people who claim the title of Christian are the same people that push people away from their religion by their words, actions and deeds. They are truly poor ambassadors for Christ.

I was raised in a religious home and it was the attitude and the behavior of those that claimed to be the most religious and the most Christian that forced me from the club.

I agree with your assessment of people who claim to be the most religous and most christian. They are the ones ruining their own religion. I myself have a similar back ground as you, having been forced out of the club by those who are to over the top. But I believe my life is much better because of it and I can see whats going on around me much clearer.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by TheAmused
i want to understand why.
i have never heard a rational debunk of the muslim faith.
le and kuran are false it is worth debunking. equally.

Are you serious?
There are MANY MANY critiques and debunkings of Islam.

Have you been on Mars all your life?

Kapyong

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
i was actualy refuring to such wars as the crusades

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

What do you mean "dont know what they are talking about?" When they talk about christianity?
That'd would be weird concidering most of them are ex-christians or raised among christians.

And how does the masons use atheism as a tool?

ELABORATE please... if you know what you're talking about that is

Not when talking about Christianity, merely when discussing God. God is not Christianity nor the Christian church

Masonry was instrumental in introducing the Rationalist movement, and in giving rationalists a safe haven within which to discuss their philosophy. This wasn't even because they were staunch believers in atheism, rather because they needed a systematic way to attack the Roman Catholic church.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgreen2103
I agree with your assessment of people who claim to be the most religous and most christian.

Anyone who claims that is the contrary. The "best" Christians are those who know themselves to be miserable sinners in constant need of God's grace and His forgiveness. Jesus illustrated this in Luke 18:9-14

9 He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and regarded others with contempt:
10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and
the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, was praying thus, ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people: thieves, rogues, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of all my income.’ 13 But the tax collector, standing far off,
would not even look up to heaven, but was beating his breast and saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his home justified rather than the other; for all who exalt themselves will be humbled, but all who humble themselves will be exalted.”

[edit on 24/2/09 by Supercertari]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join