It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen suspected of killing hundreds of cats in various 'murder scenarios'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Teen suspected of killing hundreds of cats in various 'murder scenarios'

www.haaretz.com

An 18-year-old from Petah Tikva was arrested Monday night on suspicion of having killed hundreds of cats in various "murder scenarios" for his own personal satisfaction.
According to the suspect's testimony, he began torturing and killing animals when he was nine years old and still living in his native Russia. He said that the first animal he had killed was a mouse, and after that he began to butcher cats that he found in the city. At first he did this once a month, or once every two months but recently he had escalated to killing cats every day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Is this a killing "instinct" or this child is being made like this?
I, as an educator myself, am really horrified about recent news like this. Remember, last week there were 8 years old boy who killed his father, now this. And there are many other news.
I never believe "natural born killer" theory. It's because of our era of nihilism, T.V, uncontrolloed computer games, where the children needs much more care than before.
I have much to say about his, but now I wanna hear your opinions first.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-2-2009 by deccal]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds like this guy needs some serious psycological help. Could just be a mental disorder. Good thing he is in lock and key because it could easily go byond just killing cats.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
That boy is a monster. He needs to be seen by a shrink then locked up. I think some people are born evil. There could always be some brain damage. Society can also be a factor. I think there are multiple reasons and not just one.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's an established fact that psycopathic killers of people start out life as psycopathic killers of animals.

They're lucky they caught him early.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
the kid does have problems...

grim joke:

but here is a variant for your consideration: the kid may grow and become another researcher like Shiro Ishii...
depends on the income of parents and the skills of the kid. usually such kids study well at schools

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I for one am just a bit relieved. The engaged this 'suspect' BEFORE he graduated to slaughtering people... which I understand becomes the norm once the perpetrator matures and stops finding the same level of fulfillment in killing animals.

Perhaps I am wrong. Still, I feel sorry for all those innocent animals he 'used'.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Just a thought, maybe if his education had been looked at and his personality considered carefully he could of studied biology...

After all, the modern world finds it hard to accept that the nazi experiments on people did add to our medical know how...

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have a cat for which i am pretty sure i can kill to keep it out of harm's way. As the previous poster said,as hard as i can grasp this kind of behaviour,it is a relief that he was apprehended before moving on to "more evolved species".
I know i have a problem thinking that animals are somehow our equals,and that no life should be taken just for the fun of it, but it sadens me beyond belief when i read/hear stories like this.
My opinion is that this "human" should be treated as a sick and deviant life form.Maybe put through the same kind of treatment as he so eagerly applied on the innocent animals ?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Can’t seem to get away from it tonight.
While going to You Tube to see some of Mike Rowes shorts (vid clips lol)and up pops a vid *Terrible man squeezes kitten to death* - Needless to say I didn’t watch that *YT Moment*...
What is it about guys and cats anyway?
It never seems to be *Teen suspected in the killing a mutilation of 100 puppies*...
Ugh.
It’s all just horrid and I have to agree I really think some kids are just born evil.
Thank God he was caught before I *moved on* to something *bigger*!

peace

PS - If anyone's seen the video I speak of please let me know if it's *real* or not. If it is I'll go back and report it. I just chickened out of taking a peek if it was a real sicko production or not...

Thanks

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

These guys always seem to follow the beaten path of cruelty to animals then killing. They then follow it with cruelty to people then killing. According to the article, they intervened at the right time...

In his interrogation, the suspect admitted that he had recently begun planning to murder a human, having been inspired by a Russian television program about a serial killer.

He then goes on to say that

The suspect said that he felt an uncontrollable urge to kill, and that he derived satisfaction and pleasure from killing cats. He added that after killing he felt confident and inspired.

As the interrogation progressed, the suspect told investigators that he had recently begun to feel bored with killing cats, and had considered killing humans. "He decided that killing cats wasn't satisfying him anymore, and according to his testimony he was inspired by a Russian television program about a murderer who killed 60 people," said the police officer.

I think that serial killer was probably 'The Bitsevsky Beast', the guy was charged with over 50 murders at 33. Like a bad movie he wanted to kill more people than Chikatilo. Withoout losing sight of the complexities of psychology and environment, it seems reasonable to be very cautious around kids with no empathy.

I've worked with several teenage boys that had limited empathy. Each one has served time since. Two are still away for a while. One raping an old lady at knife point and one on manslaughter. The worst case is still out there and I'm sure he'll make the news one day.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I can relate to that. Part of me wants to view it because I can't believe it could possibly be true. But the part of me that doesn't want to find out otherwise wins out and I usually avoid peeking.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bursuc

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind - Ghandi

The child is young enough to still be able to be molded.. its a great time for him to be able to realize the error of his ways.

Locking him up and throwing away the key is not the answer.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yes, this is disturbing and awful but something new? Not a chance. People have been sicko's and doing # like this forever, it just amazes me when people are shocked by it, people are scum, end of story.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I don't agree with torturing cats or other animals.

However, if he's available for hire, he can come over to my neighbourhood. I'm fed up with neighbour's cats running around my yard using it as their toilet, vomit pit and breeding ground.

The only cats he killed were owned by irresponsible cat owners who let their animals run wild. If you want your cat to be safe, then keep it locked up in your OWN yard!

Besides, think of the native species that he indirectly saved by killing off the predatory cats.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind - Ghandi

The child is young enough to still be able to be molded.. its a great time for him to be able to realize the error of his ways.

Locking him up and throwing away the key is not the answer.

I agree with you.That's why i've put a question mark after my sentence.I am not an educator,i don't assume to know how to deal with something like this. Truth is, i was very angry when i've wrote my first post.

I understand tezzajw's opinion. Stray cats and/or dogs are not fun to deal with. If they must be killed or "disposed" off, try to do it in a "humane" manner.No need for unwarranted suffering.

Problem is I see it everyday. Irresponsible mature people buy them as "toys" for kids, and then decide to throw them away, same like toys.
Sometimes i think i am the one with a problem.Too much empathy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
\The child is young enough to still be able to be molded.. its a great time for him to be able to realize the error of his ways. \

No way...
he feels satisfaction and fullfillment with the result - this is a verdict...
nothing good will become out of him

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russi
No way...
he feels satisfaction and fullfillment with the result - this is a verdict...
nothing good will become out of him

He's an efficient pest controller, that's got to be good.

All he needs is a little education (like the TV show Dexter) to only hunt the strays and not humans.

Alright, I'm only being half serious but he's not necessarily a write-off to humanity because he tortures cats.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Im going to admit I burst out laughing when I read the article title. I thought you were joking. Goodness I was wrong.

On a serious note though I will say that it is good that they caught him before he killed a human.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Alright, I'm only being half serious but he's not necessarily a write-off to humanity because he tortures cats.

Well, yes he is. Anyone who enjoys inflicting pain on others who have done them no harm is seriously anti-social. I don't think he would have remained at the level of killing cats if he hadn't been caught. The article states he was beginning to turn his attention toward humans.

Serial killers are said to show one or more of these three traits in childhood:
Setting fires, torturing animals and bed wetting (why the last I'm not sure).

And the guy is no kid. He's an adult at 18. There are laws in the U.S. against animal cruelty. He should be prosecuted under these if not for a more serious charge.

new topics

top topics

join