It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China invades Africa?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.wimp.com...

Video about how china is investing mass amounts of people and currency into the poorest areas of Africa.

First i have heard of this, Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's called globalization. As the video states, China is trying to secure resources for themselves. All of the more prominent nations have been involved in similar endeavors. However, you don't usually send in your own people to do all the work, so that's kinda unusual.

But I think what it all boils down to is another dominant country exploiting the resources of a poorer region.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
All the World super powers test the latest and most advanced weaponry in Third World nations.

Hitler and Stalin provided troops and armaments for the Spanish civil war when General Franco & the Nationalists fought and won against the Communists.

The Soviets aided the Viet Cong in the 60s & 70s; The Americans aided the Afghani Freedom fighters in the 80s.

The Americans aid Israel; the Russians aid Palestine via Iran.

China has provided most of the weapons used in the Sudan-Darfur fiasco, among others. Most of the fighting by the Super Powers has been done by-proxy since WW2. Is China gearing up something....?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
After China, the next biggest source of cheap labour will be Africa.

If you get in first with investement into infrastruture then you win the right to plunder - but also perceptively do good for the country.

However, I'm not sure China realises just how fragmented Africa is along tribal lines. There will inevitably be bloodshed.

A small example of this: The Solomon Islands a few years back. The Chinese were, literally, run out of the country.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Mr Gunter]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

this was brought up on here some time ago ...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-2-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

Yes- this is a good explanation.

China hasn't maintained near double-digit GDP for years without knowing Africa is famously the rag-doll of the world. If an emerging economy like China can avoid the consequential civil unrest from foreign exploitation, it will do whatever necessary to solidify the natural resources needed to produce electronics and other products.
In order to get the lowest cost on extracting these resources as well as other items like commercial fishes and such sending in Chinese management to keep wages at their lowest is sensible.
The village recognizes the few slanted-eyed people from abroad as there only source of capital and so the management process is eased along.
Globalization.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The difference with China and African nations is that China doesnt care how it exploits people and it certainly doesnt care about human rights of African people, it stays out of African politics and uses them purely for economic reasons.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Africa has the greatest potential for the next boom. If supported by China, Africa could become the next Great Country alongside the declining USA. China of course would gain access to all the natural resources and emerge as a Superpower.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Africa will never become a country, let alone a great one.

2nd line

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This isent anything new; China has big business deals in Sudan (oil) and Zimbabwe.

Guess who trains the Zimbabwe Police to crush any dissent to Mugabe and put down any revolts? The Chinese People's Armed Police.

Guess who provided weapons, financial aid and training to the independence movements in Mozambique and Rhodesia/Zimbabwe and to the ANC in South Africa? You guessed it ... the Chinese.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

Africa will never become a country, let alone a great one.

Really? Wow. What a statement.
Have you like, a source behind that statement, or maybe a web page where I could go and visit your remarkable psychic track record?
Anything?
Anything that’s just more than just a waste of bandwidth?

**********ON TOPIC***********

Anyway.

Here in Sicily I’ve watched - with great concern the huge influx of Chinese over the last few years - and how it’s literally exploded over just the last two.
It used to be there was a Chinese clothes shop in the big towns.
Then every town.
Now it’s nearly every street...
In this town alone, let me think - what - 7 now?

Scary, very scary.

peace

[edit on 24-2-2009 by silo13]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I do not need to be psychic to make that statement, it is pretty obvious. Africas' problems are due to the fact that the continent is artificially divided along old colonialist lines and tribal lines. Until those problems are sorted out, Africa will remain the way it is.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
By pretty much ALL indexes, in particular anything with HDI, they rank the lowest. It's really a black hole on the Earth when regarding measures of prosperity and general welfare. Something about it.
I have a theory that there is a reason beyond tribal and colonial strife as to why Africa sucks in the modern global economy. Check this-it is in the blood of Africans that they are more in tune with nature or biologically most connected to the earth and this naturally clashes with this current system of exploiting the planet for personal gain. This is how I also understand African American's statistical shortcomings. Hope nobodies offended.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

That's an interesting theory. Maybe the same could be said to an even larger extent with the native americans. It is thought provoking to compare different societies and how they develop. Take Dubai for example. They've created an explosion of development that's likely never been seen before, while many groups in the same region are still focused on a simple nomadic way of life.

I really don't think one way of life is any better than another, as long as efforts are made to look after the well-being of the population. But that's where Africa seems to fall behind. There is so much internal conflict and corruption, you can't help but to feel sorry for the people. You'd think at least one nation would rise from the ashes and set an example for all the others. Unfortunately, they've set themselves up to be exploited, and the native populations have a long road ahead to a better life.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

True, true. I think you can totally apply it to indigenous peoples.

It's important when discussing Africa or an array of other social workings not to ignore the broader picture which itself has an infinite number of factors. Also you can't discount all the areas in Africa where life is good.
Unfortunately, global economic turmoil will weigh heavily on the continent at large. ie the sucking out/evaporation of foreign investment.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonsouljahCheck this-it is in the blood of Africans that they are more in tune with nature or biologically most connected to the earth and this naturally clashes with this current system of exploiting the planet for personal gain. This is how I also understand African American's statistical shortcomings. Hope nobodies offended.

That makes them the rightful owners and guardians of this planet.

If anyone will exploit Africa, they'll love their current messed up politics and economy so wages can be kept as low as possible.

This giving jobs to otherwise jobless Africans, maybe good for them, but this is another way to exploit the planet as you said - i'm all against it.

top topics

join