It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat kids should be removed from home; Fat parents not allowed children

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

do you really want to bring an abnormal child into such a mean world?

The above quote is yours and in reference to *fat* children.

Labeling *fat* children *abnormal* is abhorrent.

There's really nothing more I can say at this point that wouldn't be taken as a personal attack against you so I'll just sign out...

One question though - are you a big girl?
A little roomy about the hips?
Why?
Because you raise a wolf pup with dogs it becomes the best wolf hunter around.
*Wink*

peace

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

do you really want to bring an abnormal child into such a mean world?

The above quote is yours and in reference to *fat* children.

Labeling *fat* children *abnormal* is abhorrent.

There's really nothing more I can say at this point that wouldn't be taken as a personal attack against you so I'll just sign out...

One question though - are you a big girl?
A little roomy about the hips?
Why?
Because you raise a wolf pup with dogs it becomes the best wolf hunter around.
*Wink*

peace

Any one that is over weight is abnormal!! It is not normal to have more weight on your body than it can support and fuction properly. This is why over weight people are more likly to suffer from a number of heath issues.

To say that over weight people are normal is rediculous and it is avoiding the problem the person is confronted with!

[edit on 2/25/2009 by XcLuciFer]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I do not believe in taking away overweight children from overweight parents nor do I believe in not allowing overweight people to have children. However, I do have a person story that frustrates me.

When I met my husband, his daughter from his second marriage was five years old and she was of normal weight for her age. She just turned 12 in October and is now over 200 lbs, showing early signs of diabetes, has circulation problems in her legs, and sometimes uses crutches to alleviate the weight on her legs.

It's sick what her mother did to her and my stepdaughter is extremely depressed and is constantly talking about how she would give anything to be thin like the other girls in her school. Every time I see her, without fail she has a soda, candy, bag of chips, bag of fast food, etc., with her.

She came to live with us for the summer a few years ago when she really started to put on the pounds. I made a special effort to make her healthy meals like salad topped with fresh chicken, to replace her sodas with water, we removed all fast food from her diet, and when I went to the gym, I enrolled her in a children's calisthenics class so she would be doing jumping jacks, crab walks, sit ups, etc. while I did my work out. She LOVED it and was excited every time we went.

But once her mother found out, she threw a FIT to my husband. He was on my side but we didn't know what to do. She was making such progress but now she is over 200 lbs. And she hates herself and her body. My heart goes out to her and I want to help her so badly but her mother is constantly shoving the worse types of food down her throat. I can't make any progress when we only have her every other weekend. It's heartbreaking to see her in that shape and to see what it is doing to her self image.

I would not advocate taking her away from her mother but at the same time, the whole situation really tears me up because I adore my stepdaughter, I can see she is in pain and it is affecting her health and emotional wellness, and I can't do a damn thing about it.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Our obesity rate is rising. Parents aren't teaching THEMSELVES proper nutrition, let alone their children. Refusing to educate yourself in how to live a healthy life is dangerous, and when you bring a child into such a situation, it is child abuse.

If you are too lazy or busy to lose weight, you are too lazy or busy to have children.

If you do not excersize, if you do not eat veggies, you are unfit to have children.

If you think you have a fat gene, why would you even want to pass that down to a poor child! Kids are getting meaner- do you really want to bring an abnormal child into such a mean world?

If you are unwilling to eat healthy, be healthy, and love doing it, but you still want children, you are setting them up for failure and an early death. Get your tubes tied or otherwise stop yourself from having kids.

It's the right thing to do.

First off, for a discordian pope, it appears that you still have lots to learn ;-)

The only way to get a species to learn something is to let them experience the pain of it. The more you try to modify it externally by artifice, the worse off the problem becomes. This is why Manson constantly said that telling children not to throw stones or play with guns is EXACTLY what he wants parents to do.

Social intervention on things like obesity, drugs, etc is the wrong thing to do because it interrupts the feedback loop which allows all forms of life to learn.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Maybe I'm crazy, but isn't the United States of America a free country? We are not communist and do not impose laws on who can and can't have children and how many each couple can have; therefore, each and everyone of us has the right to do so, regardless. I think your post is downright rude and intolerant. Everyone deserves their chance to pass on their genes, family name, and heritage.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by rivos]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Our obesity rate is rising. Parents aren't teaching THEMSELVES proper nutrition, let alone their children. Refusing to educate yourself in how to live a healthy life is dangerous, and when you bring a child into such a situation, it is child abuse.

If you are too lazy or busy to lose weight, you are too lazy or busy to have children.

If you do not excersize, if you do not eat veggies, you are unfit to have children.

If you think you have a fat gene, why would you even want to pass that down to a poor child! Kids are getting meaner- do you really want to bring an abnormal child into such a mean world?

If you are unwilling to eat healthy, be healthy, and love doing it, but you still want children, you are setting them up for failure and an early death. Get your tubes tied or otherwise stop yourself from having kids.

It's the right thing to do.

I think you are pointing the finger in the wrong direction and you certainly fulfil the objectives of your beloved Eugenicists.

I find your post disgusting, abhorrent, criminal to say the least!

Perhaps certain people with such heavily defected minds should be "put down" though?...

You truly are a SadisticWomen as your name suggests.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Jinni]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I do agree. If you don't agree with my following statements then you must either be fat yourself or in some other way diverted from the path of the meaning of our true existence.

*I know that the human body eliminates toxins using the digestive system, skin(acne), and a few other smaller methods.
*Most people eat much more than they should causing a backup in the digestive system. It takes more than 10 hours for healthy persons to digest food and eliminate it (fat people, people with acne aren't in the healthy cat.).
*After the digestive system is backed up the body attempts to protect itself from the toxins by excreting them through the skin, acne.

1. Fat people may not necessarily be lazy, but they lack self control. Truly answer the question: why are people fat? By truly, I mean based on what you positively know about the human body based on good sources and self exploration.
2. Fat people suffer from many health ailments. Simply by existing as a porpoise, fat people exert a negative externality on all other citizens and the people around (they are a leech on society, money, other's health, many more [I am an Economics Major).
3. Fat people have no idea how much more they eat than they should. I would venture to guess that they eat until they fall asleep due to over-encumbrance from excess food. Fat people are the ones who think that they need medicine to cure many ailments including those like T2 diabetes. Many mental illnesses are also caused by excess food consumption. Food is an ADDICTION for fat people. They eat when they think they have nothing to do but be bored. This eating to quiet the soul causes mental illnesses over-time because the value of food starts to disappear when you don't know what makes you happy. Many overeaters are also clinically depressed. The brain is at a constant pool of filthy blood, low in oxygen.
4. Essences of life are water, air, fire, and Earth(food is here). Notice that there are 4 ESSENCES of life. One intuitively needs near equal amounts of all 4. Think about it this way. The main ingredient in the human body is WATER. We breathe air all day and under sun exposure the body creates vitamin D and it probably has other benefits I don't know about(FIRE). Earth is food and probably "earthly" things. The Earth is the giant organism that we are a part of. It is what brings us to the opposite sex. You know how they say all living things are connected by some energy? That is Earth's electromagnetic energy. Humans also use electromagnetic energy for the control of their cells. If you haven't seen KYMATICA video.google.com...
I think it has very very valuable related information.
5. Think like this- Energy>>atoms>molecules>>>cells>tissue>organs>systems>multi-celled organisms>ecosystems>Earth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Universe
6. Lastly fat stores toxins. The more fat a person has the more toxins are being slow-released. Just think of the kids and society. Overeaters are usually dumber and definitely "slower" mentally than those who have greater goals than to eat the best food and be the most comfortable.

#Neither my father, or mother had acne as teens, but they grew up in Germany in Japan where the "green", "eco", and "organic food" revolutions in society had already taken place during the time that I lived in both the countries (I came to America just before age 10). Yes, folks, the Japanese and the Germans live much a more progressed healthy well-rounded life. Most of the people I knew there hardly watched television, and they don't accept Fluoride in their water either. If I had to compare I'd say that they are at least 15 years ahead of America in terms of worldly awareness.

I have fat friends, but I don't think they should have kids. I'd say less than a 4th of the Americans I know should have kids. Most Americans have mental a myopia and a lack of attention to detail that is nothing short of wrong for kids to be looking up to. Thanks for reading!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I do agree. If you don't agree with my following statements then you must either be fat yourself or in some other way diverted from the path of the meaning of our true existence.

*I know that the human body eliminates toxins using the digestive system, skin(acne), and a few other smaller methods.
*Most people eat much more than they should causing a backup in the digestive system. It takes more than 10 hours for healthy persons to digest food and eliminate it (fat people, people with acne aren't in the healthy cat.).
*After the digestive system is backed up the body attempts to protect itself from the toxins by excreting them through the skin, acne.

1. Fat people may not necessarily be lazy, but they lack self control. Truly answer the question: why are people fat? By truly, I mean based on what you positively know about the human body based on good sources and self exploration.
2. Fat people suffer from many health ailments. Simply by existing as a porpoise, fat people exert a negative externality on all other citizens and the people around (they are a leech on society, money, other's health, many more [I am an Economics Major).
3. Fat people have no idea how much more they eat than they should. I would venture to guess that they eat until they fall asleep due to over-encumbrance from excess food. Fat people are the ones who think that they need medicine to cure many ailments including those like T2 diabetes. Many mental illnesses are also caused by excess food consumption. Food is an ADDICTION for fat people. They eat when they think they have nothing to do but be bored. This eating to quiet the soul causes mental illnesses over-time because the value of food starts to disappear when you don't know what makes you happy. Many overeaters are also clinically depressed. The brain is at a constant pool of filthy blood, low in oxygen.
4. Essences of life are water, air, fire, and Earth(food is here). Notice that there are 4 ESSENCES of life. One intuitively needs near equal amounts of all 4. Think about it this way. The main ingredient in the human body is WATER. We breathe air all day and under sun exposure the body creates vitamin D and it probably has other benefits I don't know about(FIRE). Earth is food and probably "earthly" things. The Earth is the giant organism that we are a part of. It is what brings us to the opposite sex. You know how they say all living things are connected by some energy? That is Earth's electromagnetic energy. Humans also use electromagnetic energy for the control of their cells. If you haven't seen KYMATICA video.google.com...
5. Think like this- Energy>>atoms>molecules>>>cells>tissue>organs>systems>multi-celled organisms>ecosystems>Earth>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Universe
6. Lastly fat stores toxins. The more fat a person has the more toxins are being slow-released. Just think of the kids and society. Overeaters are usually dumber and definitely "slower" mentally than those who have greater goals than to eat the best food and be the most comfortable.

#Neither my father, or mother had acne as teens, but they grew up in Germany in Japan where the "green", "eco", and "organic food" revolutions in society had already taken place during the time that I lived in both the countries (I came to America just before age 10). Yes, folks, the Japanese and the Germans live much a more progressed healthy well-rounded life. Most of the people I knew there hardly watched television, and they don't accept Fluoride in their water either. If I had to compare I'd say that they are at least 15 years ahead of America in terms of worldly awareness.

I have fat friends, but I don't think they should have kids. I'd say less than a 4th of the Americans I know should have kids. Most Americans have mental a myopia and a lack of attention to detail that is nothing short of wrong for kids to be looking up to. Oops anony posted.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0mmonen5e

1. Wow... ok , I'm not fat...
2. "path of meaning of our 'true' existence"????? What kind of malarque is this? For someone so enlightened as your following lines make you appear you seem to have forgotten the basics of Hermetica, Existentialism and Magick, among other great traditions.

Take a good long look at Hegel's Phenomenology of Spirit.

Obviously our very first conceptions are based on shadows cast by the light of something we can only come to understand through it's shadow. These differences between the "light and dark" that fall into the same plane of existence as our physical manifestation and have a direct bearing on the survival of the animal, are subsequently the stimuli for the emergence of our sensory faculties. The perceptions of the interplay of these shadows are then translated, via cognitive processes into "sense" images.

Anyway, those are my terms, but I rather enjoy the eloquence of Hegel when it comes to this.

Ultimately though, it boils down to the fact that we can't know any absolute truth. We can only come to understand a workable truth, which can only be imperfect.

Many different people are fat for many different reasons. For example, I'm skinny as a rail, but I eat constantly... It's not because I have self control... it's because I have a serious metabolism, always have had... never known what it's like to be on a diet. Although I know what it's like to remove an addiction...

Well, I find it hilarious that you are an economics major. Perhaps if you were a history major you will know that many many successful civilizations have been full of fat people. So much so , that it is, and in some cases was, seen as the symbol of natural beauty in these cultures.

As a skinny man, I prefer more portly women. Don't know why... I just do ;-)

3. Fat people have no idea how much more they eat than they should. I would venture to guess that they eat until they fall asleep due to over-encumbrance from excess food.

Wow... you obviously don't realize the part metabolism plays do you or genes. Take a look around.. it's rather easy to see the genotypical representation of a tendency towards carrying weight or not.

Fat people are the ones who think that they need medicine to cure many ailments including those like T2 diabetes.

Nope... I know plenty of skinny people with T2 diabetes as well...

Many mental illnesses are also caused by excess food consumption. Food is an ADDICTION for fat people. They eat when they think they have nothing to do but be bored. This eating to quiet the soul causes mental illnesses over-time because the value of food starts to disappear when you don't know what makes you happy.

You do know that this is true of all addictions? Most specifically it relates to the addiction to "being right".

Many overeaters are also clinically depressed. The brain is at a constant pool of filthy blood, low in oxygen.

Once again, although I agree that food has a direct effect on your mind and body chemistry as it is commonly used for gnosis, I'd have to beg to differ with you on saying that all fat people are clinically depressed... I've known many fat people who were the happiest people I've ever known.

4. Essences of life are water, air, fire, and Earth(food is here). Notice that there are 4 ESSENCES of life. One intuitively needs near equal amounts of all 4.

Think about it this way. The main ingredient in the human body is WATER. We breathe air all day and under sun exposure the body creates vitamin D and it probably has other benefits I don't know about(FIRE). Earth is food and probably "earthly" things. The Earth is the giant organism that we are a part of. It is what brings us to the opposite sex. You know how they say all living things are connected by some energy? That is Earth's electromagnetic energy. Humans also use electromagnetic energy for the control of their cells. If you haven't seen KYMATICA video.google.com...

See this is the thing with all these new metaphysical movements... they all presuppose some great morality that must be followed.

Get it straight... ultimately, at an order of magnitude removed, everything is unconscious. And at an order of magnitude acquired, everything is conscious.

There is no good or evil, only thinking makes it so...

Ok... this part definitely needs some fleshing out as it were. So if Fat people don't fit in that spectrum... where do all of the other crazy departures from your moralistic preconceived notions fit?

6. Lastly fat stores toxins. The more fat a person has the more toxins are being slow-released.

Really? It's that simple? Whales and Walruses must be some of the most toxic animals alive.

Just think of the kids and society.

What about em? What doesn't kill society will make it stronger.

Overeaters are usually dumber and definitely "slower" mentally than those who have greater goals than to eat the best food and be the most comfortable.

Really? Wow it's amazing the direct correlations you have found between being fat and completely unrelated phenomena.

Once again, I can list several of my my more portly friends who are quicker mentally than most others I know.

#Neither my father, or mother had acne as teens, but they grew up in Germany in Japan where the "green", "eco", and "organic food" revolutions in society had already taken place during the time that I lived in both the countries (I came to America just before age 10).

I never had Acne either, and I grew up drinking cokes and eating fried chicken. As I mentioned, I eat whatever is in front of me (except liver and onions). And I've never had acne.

Now don't get me wrong... I love organic food... but not any more than I love me some mcdonalds.

Yes, folks, the Japanese and the Germans live much a more progressed healthy well-rounded life.

Is that right? Is that why companies in Japan are now weighing and measuring their employees on a monthly basis? Yep.. their getting fat again now too.

And I can't tell you how many fat Germans I know...

Most of the people I knew there hardly watched television, and they don't accept Fluoride in their water either. If I had to compare I'd say that they are at least 15 years ahead of America in terms of worldly awareness.

Really? How much further along are they than you? Or are they just more further along in what is currently called "Progressive" awareness? Don't mistake progressive for right. Although, I myself am a self-proclaimed progressive... I am in no way deluded into thinking it is in anyway more morally correct than any other political leanings.

I have fat friends, but I don't think they should have kids. I'd say less than a 4th of the Americans I know should have kids.

And I'd bet many Americans would say that about you as well. See you always have to remember the part your own bias plays in it. For example, everytime I go to a different international city for the first time, I'm frustrated and can't stand it... well that's because animals don't take to changing routines or expectations very easily. But it's all well and good, because I realize this... I don't get bent too out of shape because of this awareness... and it keeps me in tune with how much the bias, which as emerged from my common experience, exists within me.

Most Americans have mental a myopia and a lack of attention to detail that is nothing short of wrong for kids to be looking up to. Oops anony posted.

Really? Look... I agree that there has been a predominantly anti-intellectual movement in America ever since I started trying to figure out what was really ticking me off. However, that is just fine for those who for whatever reason decided not to quest after intellectual pursuits. For those who enjoy intellectual pursuits, it's frustrating. At the end of the day though, neither societal movement is better than the other. It only seems that way because we identify with one side.

The real societal growth comes through the transitions of one to another...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
You can't really say that about heavy people. I hit my last stage of puberty when I was 23 and all my weight that i was carrying dropped off like none other.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This idiot is so fascinated with herself, she can't see outside the limits of her own ignorance. To the author - Proud of yourself for learning to eat right? You really need to figure out what accomplishment really consists of. Condemning parents or children for obesity is like condemning you for your stupidity. Believe it or not, there are people out there who really don't care that you're so proud of your eating habits. You sound like Hitler or Stalin or maybe even Obama.

You should learn to let people live their lives in peace without input from you, as long as they don't wrong anyone else. If you're complaining about your tax dollars supporting people who don't meet your health standards, well baby, you don't meet mine.

Grow up you moron. Learn to spell.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I can't believe you have a nerve to target obesity instead of targeting corporations who provide foods that cause obesity. Yes, there are many processing foods in any stores that actually cause you become obesity. I was one of obesity, but now I am not. I lose 85 damn pound without do any exercising! It's all about foods that you consume in your daily life. We should blame corporations for causing obesity. They use many ingredients that are totally unnecessary to add with foods, but they want foods to be preserve longer to save all profits they can get. Shame on corporation not obesity!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

OK that sounds resonable if the goverment wants to help,but I don't think that a child should be taken away from a parent. The kid would probably be scared and upset, which will make them eat more!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I would be less offended by the -ism of this, if it weren't for the sheer scientific ignorance involved in the assumptions and conclusions. A little self education goes a long way.

Perhaps this is too obvious to be obvious, but if the 'official experts' were even fractionally right about the 'solution and prevention' of obesity and related disease (not caused-by obesity, simply related to same causes so of course correlated), it would already have been greatly dealt with; every official thing implemented to 'address' the problem has had precisely the opposite effect.

It's also completely racist. You've only got to read interviews with people like Jeffrey Friedman, Head Geneticist at Rockefeller U., to understand that the increases in nationwide weight, disease, and individual tendencies to these things, are profoundly racially dependent; the Chinese will tend to be thin, and then die suddenly of stroke, while the Native Americans will tend to be fat, and then die gradually of diabetes, while some other lines will tend to be just a little bit chubby, but die of heart disease, and the rest will statistically display schizophrenia, cancer, alzheimers, and all the other diseases of civilization related to the same issues that cause obesity.

Maybe we should just take anybody with native blood and tell them they don't deserve to have kids, because growing up in a government-sponsored, corporate-funded, media-enforced environment of mostly-carbohydrates absolutely WILL make most of them fat (and diabetic and more). If however your genetics allow you to eat the same foods and NOT get fat, this makes you morally and legally superior. You can breed.

The only thing worse than being prejudiced is being fundamentally wrong about the reasoning for where to apply that prejudice. If you want to address the problems of obesity in this culture the place to start is not with hating fat people (though I know we DO need a new 'common enemy' and it's become politically INcorrect to use all our old standards), it's with the controlling government and corporate powers that have good $ reason to continue getting, and keeping, the population in that position, no matter what is said on the surface in PR.

Anybody with even a fractional interest in this subject should read the inanely-titled (publisher's fault!) "Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes. If you are not an intellectual and a good reader don't bother -- it's very, very dense, fascinating so that's just fine, but people who don't read well will honestly be out of depth with it. He is about to publish a vastly simpler version that will be more approachable to the general public.

In the meantime, anybody interested in how government can seriously screw up and continue to make worse something that was actually verging on understood just prior to WWII (until we decided the Germans were bad and ignored decades of research they were the world leaders for, then restarted it in the USA from the armchair of psychology and bad science, without the benefit of their work), read the book. That is not my sole basis for the subject but it's an invaluable contribution and 'collection' for people new to it.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by RedCairo]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by RedCairo]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Many people are unhealthy or don't exercise but AREN'T fat. So are you saying they shouldn't have kids either?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
HunkaHunka. First let me start by telling you how impressed I am by the insights. Let me correct myself first, and then come back you.

Ok perhaps I said too much at once. As you may notice I began to switch from saying all fat people to most overeaters part-way through. Because it is true, the phenotypical characteristic of being fat doesn't necessarily describe the problem I am trying to tackle. The reason that I think I am so right is because I live life daily being proven right over others when I get my straight As and when arguments that I make get tested. That is not to say I am never wrong. In fact the amount of knowledge I have can sometimes make me arrogant because I am rarely proven wrong face to face. This makes it hard for me to recognize that I am not always right. It's moments like these, when I get corrected on my arrogance, that make me grow. It just doesn't happen to me on the daily. Even in college it is hard to find people who are really willing to level and people that can teach me.

The thing is, I also have a very fast metabolism, but I am also quite athletic. Yes, I know I have this tendency of making myself out to seem like a close minded individual who thinks he has all the answers. It is possible to be fat yet healthier than the skinnier guy next to that person.

I should tell you that your diet high in sugar and foods like Mcdonaldls burgers WILL catch up to you. Oh and yeah I know skinny people get T2 diabetes. I should have said overeaters. Unless you do believe that your genetics make you impervious to the drug that sugar is. You should really eat pure sugar or very high sugar foods very sparingly. Your pancreas is definitely being affected.

A human who overeats will meet the negative consequences. I am pretty sure that more than half of our illnesses, pains, and early death come from overeating. This come from the fact that I know how sick Americans are and a quote from Benjamin Franklin. It went something like: "People are digging their graves with their teeth."

From holistic medicine (My father is a doctor specializing in the area of blood borne illnesses) I gathered that the a human body's reactions to things are different for different people, but the problems arise when one gets out of touch with their body. The difference between food addiction and healthy eating is knowing what hunger really is. I knew true hunger perfectly when I was a kid. I mental images of the foods I hungered for. I only got back to this state when I went through a 1 week fast (just water+electrolytes). The feeling of not having any food in me is only describable as feeling very connected to the body. Like if I ate an apple I would be able to feel it affecting my mind and body very clearly. I've never gone past a week, but I can tell you that I know we are not meant to have food in our bellies all of the time. I think it is nothing short of degeneracy to be consuming like here in the Western world (yes Germans and even the Japanese eat more than they should. I do have biases, like you said, we all do, and so do you. You might just have better metacognition than I do.

The other day, I asked my economics professor the question about cash, loans, interest. It was a two part question.
P1-All the cash that we have comes from the bank's loans right? He told me about bonds and how money gets into the system. He confirmed what I needed to ask the second question.
P2-If the money I have right now was loaned where does the money come from to pay for the interest. (I decided to ask this after seeing the question being raised in one of the videos about evils of banker.

His answer came after his having to think about it while students were copying notes. His answer was: That money gets used by many people to pay for their things. So it is exchanged for a good/service many times. That answer didn't work for me. He could not help me any further. Either I'm wrong or the economics teacher was just unwilling to admit the sad truth

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The obesity epidemic is a real epidemic. Many people forget their personal appearance and hygiene in the world we live in. Unfortunately I will not ask our government for more assistance so that we can give them more power. They are the ones that have created such problems with our genetically altered fat food. The problems with obesity disgust me but not because the people are fat but because the government has done this to us. There are many reasons this problem is now a problem.

I still am disgusted with the OP regardless as you do not seem to have all sides of the story. You cannot simply brand fat people as less than human. Those that are fat should ask themselves why it is so and do something to fix it as IMHO we need to be one in mind and in body. Our physical state often reflects our mental state.

I agree certain people should not be allowed to have kids until they experience some of life's challenges but I am not one to make that choice for them. Mistake breeds wisdom in most cases.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0mmonen5e
HunkaHunka. First let me start by telling you how impressed I am by the insights. Let me correct myself first, and then come back you.

Ok perhaps I said too much at once. As you may notice I began to switch from saying all fat people to most overeaters part-way through. Because it is true, the phenotypical characteristic of being fat doesn't necessarily describe the problem I am trying to tackle. The reason that I think I am so right is because I live life daily being proven right over others when I get my straight As and when arguments that I make get tested. That is not to say I am never wrong. In fact the amount of knowledge I have can sometimes make me arrogant because I am rarely proven wrong face to face. This makes it hard for me to recognize that I am not always right. It's moments like these, when I get corrected on my arrogance, that make me grow. It just doesn't happen to me on the daily. Even in college it is hard to find people who are really willing to level and people that can teach me.

Well that's why you are here at ATS. A place to throw it against the wall and see what sticks as it is criticized by some of the most intelligent and whacked out people around ;-)

I feel ya...

The thing is, I also have a very fast metabolism, but I am also quite athletic. Yes, I know I have this tendency of making myself out to seem like a close minded individual who thinks he has all the answers. It is possible to be fat yet healthier than the skinnier guy next to that person.

That's basically what I was saying...

I should tell you that your diet high in sugar and foods like Mcdonaldls burgers WILL catch up to you. Oh and yeah I know skinny people get T2 diabetes. I should have said overeaters. Unless you do believe that your genetics make you impervious to the drug that sugar is. You should really eat pure sugar or very high sugar foods very sparingly. Your pancreas is definitely being affected.

Oh I agree with you there. Now, I don't eat McDonalds all the time mind you... but I don't shy away when I crave it. Personally I do exercise self control, when I'm conscious about it. For example, when the market started tanking last fall I started stress eating for the first time ever... I didn't even realize it until the end of day 2.

So of course, I had to figure out what to do about it... basically I was nesting. My body was saying "Food's goin to get scarce! Time to get fat buddy!". So I answered it in what I felt was the best way... I went out, bought a freezer, stocked it... cleaned my pantry out and stocked that too. I felt much better and stopped stress eating.

A human who overeats will meet the negative consequences. I am pretty sure that more than half of our illnesses, pains, and early death come from overeating. This come from the fact that I know how sick Americans are and a quote from Benjamin Franklin. It went something like: "People are digging their graves with their teeth."

I like that quote! Yeah I think it's all in moderation. If you overeat once in a while, yer prolly going to be fine. However it shouldn't define you.

Keep in mind that Old Ben went back on many of his quotes too... you remember that "Early to Bed, Early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise"? Well he was a night owl, and always had difficulty finishing his projects during the daytime.

From holistic medicine (My father is a doctor specializing in the area of blood borne illnesses) I gathered that the a human body's reactions to things are different for different people, but the problems arise when one gets out of touch with their body.

I'd go one further and say that people getting out of touch with their bodies has a lot to do with people being out of touch with their minds.

The difference between food addiction and healthy eating is knowing what hunger really is. I knew true hunger perfectly when I was a kid. I mental images of the foods I hungered for. I only got back to this state when I went through a 1 week fast (just water+electrolytes). The feeling of not having any food in me is only describable as feeling very connected to the body. Like if I ate an apple I would be able to feel it affecting my mind and body very clearly.

Yes, this is what I mentioned earlier as far as gnosis goes. I recall a time when I was in the Badlands of South Dakota. I was traveling across country and stopped off. We got out of the nice cool van and spent about an hour outside in the desert, looking for fossils.

When I got back to the van, I ate an orange. This was the best Orange I had ever eaten in my entire life.

I've never gone past a week, but I can tell you that I know we are not meant to have food in our bellies all of the time. I think it is nothing short of degeneracy to be consuming like here in the Western world (yes Germans and even the Japanese eat more than they should. I do have biases, like you said, we all do, and so do you. You might just have better metacognition than I do.

You know I don't really believe that anything is "meant". However, I could agree that evolutionary wise, food has often been scarce. And that the body has not been conditioned to having lots of food available. I really can't go so far as to call it degeneracy, as much as a symptom of the availability of food mixed the extreme levels of stress Americans deal with.

Keep in mind that not only do we take the least vacation when compared to any other country, but we also have the highest consumption of illegal drugs per capita. I believe there is a huge correlation.

I think the mere dropping of caffeine from our diet would actually solve the majority of our problems.

The other day, I asked my economics professor the question about cash, loans, interest. It was a two part question.
P1-All the cash that we have comes from the bank's loans right? He told me about bonds and how money gets into the system. He confirmed what I needed to ask the second question.
P2-If the money I have right now was loaned where does the money come from to pay for the interest. (I decided to ask this after seeing the question being raised in one of the videos about evils of banker.

His answer came after his having to think about it while students were copying notes. His answer was: That money gets used by many people to pay for their things. So it is exchanged for a good/service many times. That answer didn't work for me. He could not help me any further. Either I'm wrong or the economics teacher was just unwilling to admit the sad truth

As far as obesity goes, it's not so much the problem as the symptom. Granted it does create problems as well... but it's not the origin of the problem by a landslide.

If we go through food shortages... those fat people are going to have a much better go at it, than this skinny boy.

Good chatting with you... and yes, I believe that metacognition is probably the most important virtue when understanding not only our world, but ourselves.

It takes me back to a quote from the Mahabarata, An advisor of Zarathustra was concerned, for the entire kingdom was to be wagered on a dice game. Not any dice game, but one ran by a huckster, who would surely win through no chance at all. The advisor went to Krsna and asked him what he should do. Krsna asked him "Would you sacrifice your life for the dharma? To which the advisor said... "of course!"

Krsna asked.. "Would you sacrifice your entire race for the dharma?" To which the advisor said... "Surely this is the question that keeps me up at night."

Krsna then said "Then do nothing".

[edit on 25-2-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

why is being fat or even just having some so bad? the "fat gene" is part of a survival trait. people being obese is because they're missing the gene that says "okay! the stomach is full now!". oddly, most of the meanest and cruel people i've ever ran into are twigs who want the world to bow down to them because they've reached the media's take of what beauty is in this day of age.
not to mention there are men out there who prefer to have a "heavy set" woman compared to a skeleton with skin stretched over it. so are you also saying that these men who prefer to have someone they can "grab onto" flawed and should be outbred from society? personally, i think your arrogance and lack of intelligence should be higher on that list of out breeding.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join