It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat kids should be removed from home; Fat parents not allowed children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
This post can be deleted....

Hateful people are just unnecessary in this world already filled with enough hatred toward others.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Look at it this way...when the SHTF who do you think will come crawling on their bony, sunken bellies begging for food? Who do you think are going to have it? That's right, the chubbies are the ones planning and hoarding food for tough times.

Also want to add that overweight people are some of the happiest people I know even though the media wants you to think they are all miserable and full of self loathing, it simply isn't true.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by shockedonlooker]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'm overweight cuz I'm lazy even though my parents hound me to go do something

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
By the way, Does obesity of the mind count? "sadisticwoman" Must have the fattest, laziest, most illogically obese, brain I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Look you are one messed up person, I mean can't people ate least have kids? You are discriminating against obese people. YOu know, I have alot of fat friends I don't care about their apperance. All what matters is what's inside their minds. If it's their choice to get lazy, let them do what they want whether you like it or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I remember when they did this with smokers. No one complained then. Now it's the fat people. I wonder who will be next when the government makes the determination of unhealthy situations for children

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Why don't you go find where your puppy went and hid and go beat it again!!!!

Actually I love animals.....beat yourself instead!!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I feel this way about stupid people that spout off what they hear from others and do not think for themselves.

Stop stupid people from having kids...and posting on ATS.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Can you think of a human right more basic than the right to have and raise children?

I can't. What is being proposed is that fat people have no right to reproduce. I completely reject that idea.

Before I get a bunch of hate mail directed my way, I am 48, 5'10" tall, and 170 pounds. I am not now, nor have I ever been obese.

On the other hand, I can see that those who are fat are being discriminated against at an alarming rate.

It is true that being obese is not healthy. It is true that it is a hazard to your life expectancy. So is driving a car, smoking, drinking, living in a city, and working in a dangerous profession.

I don't see anyone proposing that those who drive cars, smoke, drink, or live in a city should not be allowed to have kids.

I can say that if we start to roll back the rights of the obese in our society, it won't be long before we are deprived of those same rights.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Although i can't say i quite agree with your thought of action i do agree with your morals here. If people can't take proper care of themselves how the hell are they supposed to look after a child with the proper care they need. Also many of you are complaining its not right just becuase you're blessed with good health or along those lines, you should realise that most overweight people are overweight not becuase of bull**** like oh its my glands or blah blah,its because your too lazy to put any effort into keeping yourself in at least a reasonale state of health so how about you go do some exercise and stop chewing down half a cow every night.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The food industry adds chemicals to the food supply in order to make people addicted to the food item, generate cravings for the food item, and those same chemicals actually create obesity. It's in about 99% of all processed foods and not just junk food.

Take a look at the labels of items like flavored rice. When you see the words 'yeast extract', 'spices', natural flavor' (or a list of about 50 other phrases)... it's all MSG. It's linked to a host of health problems including obesity. And that's not the only manufactured toxin that's in the food.

A label can claim that the items is 'heart healthy', 'no trans fat', 'low-calorie', etc but it's all lies. Those phrases mean nothing and the little heart healthy icon is bought and paid for in order to mislead the consumer.

Even diet foods are not safe. The only way to lose weight permanently is to stop eating from the mainstream food supply. Consuming a diet that consists of natural foods (no processed food) is the way to regain health and a healthy weight.

The FDA allows the food industry to do this because the medical and pharmaceutical industries profit from sick people. They're not gonna give that up.

So if you have an issue with fat people... you should go after those industries because the people are mostly innocent of what's being done to them.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Have you ever wondered if its not just the eating habits of people that makes them over weight but maybe all the crap we put into foods now days.

Ever wonder what those growth hormones are doing to us that they feed animals to fatten them up faster?

Or the chemicals put on vegies to make them have bigger and more fruit?

Did you know if you put miracle grown on tomato plants that traces of miracle grow are found in the tomatoes you eat?

And best yet..maybe fat isn't really so bad with the world the way it is. Skinny people will die faster than over weight people as their body has stores of fat to feed itself.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
"Fat kids should be removed from home; Fat parents not allowed children"

I am hoping that this topic is 99% Sarcasm

However children are not property you can not treat them like cattle. Who is an advocate for the children?

Nutrition is not some voodoo science either.

Neither is gravity that why we have seat belt requirements (LAWS) to protect children.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I can't get over involved in this as it is the topic I have taken to investigating the most over the last couple of years and pisses me off beyond belief. Let me just say that the obesity epidemic is a scam. It is a huge scam. And all of this talk about controlling what people eat, taxing sodas or other things they want to force you to eat or not eat. Diets don't work, not designed to work. Eating less and dieting is worse for you because it can eventually change your metabolism. 95% of people who diet gain all that wait back and then some because our bodies adjust to survive.

People who fall into the "overweight" category live an average of 7 years longer than those who are in the "ideal" or "underweight" categories. Trying to charge fat people extra for the same things. It honestly is the only form of discrimination that is still legal. In fact that is an understatement. It's not only legal but the government actually pushes us to discriminate against the overweight people. They exaggerate and lie about health risks when evidence shows the opposite. They make overweight people feel so bad about themselves that they will do anything to look the way our government and the homosexual fashion industry says they should look. This whole thing about needing to be a size 0 didn't start until more and more homosexuals started running the fashion industry. Nothing against them, But how much sense does it make to let gay men who are not attracted to the true female figure, decide what is attractive and healthy for women. Our government sees trillion dollar signs when they are pushing their health and diet plans. Diet soda's are worse for you, they wanted to tax regular soda so much that it would force people to drink diet and punish them if the didn't. You know, because they are so concerned about you. It's all a Huge scam.

I have hundreds and hundreds of articles and studies that I have found and saved on this subject. One again. People say they don't trust government, don't trust pharmaceutical companies and yet they believe everything they say as gospel. Makes no sense. But they have everyone on board now. Obviously there are health concerns when you get to be morbidly obese but that's on another level. The rest is a huge money making, controlling scam.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This lady must be the spinster cat lady, that goes out of her way to yell at children playing in the street. Seriously messed up logic.

Go stay with your cats, and stop bothering them chillens!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I had a friend of mine who was always complaining how fat her kid was and he was only FIVE and overweight. Well it was her fault. She fed that kid McDonald's and kid cuisine tv dinners daily. He would eat a thing of Ben and Jerry's ice cream in one sitting! She NEVER cooked so when I would watch him I would cook and he refused to eat it. I make baked chicken with potatoes and veggies and he pitched a fit! There was nothing wrong with it but because it didnt come in a little blue plate frozen with brownies he wouldnt eat it. I told her if she wanted him to lose weight and not be that big she needed to do something. I mean this kid never went outside. He said in front of the xbox from sun up to sun down. Keep in mind he was only FIVE at the time. I was amazed at how she never thought what she was doing was wrong. Even her daughter who was not even a year old yet was over weight! I was with her at the doctors when he told her this and then asked what she fed her. Of course she lied her ass off. She would feed her food off of her plate, soda in the bottle and ice cream as well. I am sorry but a 7mth old does NOT need this crap! I always felt bad for the kids because it's not their fault their parents were morons. I dont think the kid should be taken away but I think the parent should be monitored and sent to parenting classes on nutrition. For her is was easier to get him to eat junk rather than fight with him to eat the good stuff. I mean she let a 5 year old tell her what to do. Sad!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by awhispersecho

If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to see your findings in its own thread.

Second line

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

My sister was on prednisone for autoimmune liver disease and it caused her some serious weight gain and people can be just plain cruel. I gained 10 pounds when we were teenagers out of sympathy eating because I couldn't bear for her to eat alone. She is off the prednisone, thank God, but I hear where you are coming from!

The orignal post was another thing I haven't seen mentioned, just plain mean!

This is a very sensative subject for me. Both of my parents had been morbidly obese and I grew up healthy and fit. I am 25 yrs old, old enough to make my own food choices obviously and am still healthy and fit from what my parents taught me.

Over the last few years, my father has went from morbidly obese to overweight and my mother as well.

In highschool we had our "pizza night" once every 2 weeks and when I commented I wish we could eat more like other families, you know the fast food and frozen entrees more-I thought our dinners were boring- my parents stressed to me the importance of trying to eat healthy so I do not end up severly overweight myself.

Now after years of carting around my siblings and I to soccer and piano and singing lessons my parents now have more time for THEM. My Mom got the back surgery she needed, after healing began to exercise more and more, join a gym, my dad began boxing and decided yeah though he does eat healthy he could use some more help, joined weight watchers and lost almost 200 pounds over the last 5-6 yrs. Sure it took him longer than most people but he is happy and healthy.

They never encouraged dieting or extreme exercise on me so "I don't end up like them" which is what a lot of people I know have assumed. they just instilled in me the importance of snacking on an apple instead of a candy bar for example. And how getting up the extra half our early and work out can help prep you for your day.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The mom lying to the doctor about what she fed the seven month old just goes to show that she does know what she should be feeding her baby, but chooses not to.

Those little teeth are going to come in all rotten with putting coke into a baby bottle!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman
Our obesity rate is rising. Parents aren't teaching THEMSELVES proper nutrition, let alone their children. Refusing to educate yourself in how to live a healthy life is dangerous, and when you bring a child into such a situation, it is child abuse.

If you are too lazy or busy to lose weight, you are too lazy or busy to have children.

If you do not excersize, if you do not eat veggies, you are unfit to have children.

If you think you have a fat gene, why would you even want to pass that down to a poor child! Kids are getting meaner- do you really want to bring an abnormal child into such a mean world?

If you are unwilling to eat healthy, be healthy, and love doing it, but you still want children, you are setting them up for failure and an early death. Get your tubes tied or otherwise stop yourself from having kids.

It's the right thing to do.

I have to agree with you... In my opinion half the people having children more than likly shouldn't be. I feel that if you can't pay to put your child through school, provide health care, and a stable environment to grow and develope in, with out any out side help. Then you shouldn't be having children.

To take it one step further why would you bring another child into this world when their are so many that do not have a home! If you are finically stable enough to support a child why no adopt one....

Of curse no one will agree Im sure, so we will just continue to multiply like the cancerous virus that we are to this Earth. How sad!

[edit on 2/25/2009 by XcLuciFer]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join