It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fat kids should be removed from home; Fat parents not allowed children

page: 5
6
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I would much rather have them put a moratorium on stupid people breeding with one another.

Fat people arent half as destructive or annoying or worthless as all of the brain dead bigoted imbeciles out here. Perhaps the OP will be first in line for mandatory sterilization.




posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum
 


What a lot of parents don't realize is that children and teens often plump up before a major growth spurt.

So people need to stop freaking out if their kids plump up, only if it continues excessively for a few years.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


"I also have to bring up, again, this question? If a parents right to teach a child poor living habits infringes on the childs right to have a healthy upbringing, which person's right supercedes the other? Thats right, that one not infringing on the other."


------------------------------------------------------------
You're mistaking "the child's right" with "your idea" of the child's right. The child and the parents are entitled to "LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINNESS" as they define it...Not as you define it.

You're the one doing the infringing.


Peace

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]


As I said before, if you would prfer to enable abuse because it is the parents' right, you are entitled to that. I personally find it disgusting. I suppose I am looking to slightly infringe upon people's rights, if thats what you consider giving them the education and tools that they need to live a healthy lifestyle. Shall we take this debate to the comparison and contrast of healthy vs. unhealthy eating habits?

Better yet, let me pose another question: Do you consider it abuse, or the infringement upon a childs rights if a parent brings them into this world addicted to heroin, or advocate their use of heroin throughout childhood?



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Each individual is unique. A person born into a family of larger that average people has a greater chance of becoming larger themselves, due mostly to the parental environment. There are other contributing factors as well.
Personally I come from a family that has the "gene" My whole life I worked my ass off doing some of the most physically grueling jobs you can imagine. I Broke up concrete. I chopped trees. In addition, I got a lot of exercise from fun things as well. I was 270 lbs of Tank, the day I got hit by a car. After numerous surgeries and medical steroid injection to rebuild my self I am still big. Just not a tank anymore. More like a Tank with tires instead of treads, and a big Thanksgiving day float on top of it.

Give it a try and come and take my children from my house because they are overweight, or I am, and find out just how fast and how hard 370LBS of raging Anger will take you out lickety split.

If we all lived in your world, Adolf would still be dictator.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719



I would much rather have them put a moratorium on stupid people breeding with one another.





Ill sign on with this one too.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


"Its not about taking it easy and ignoring the bad, its about taking the bad with the good, and doing whatever you can to help those that need it and those that have nothing else."


----------------------------------------------

Again were talking about "your definition of good or bad". One day son when you realize that "good or bad" are just perspective based and truly understand the golden rule as : "Whatever circumstances allowed this person to become so fat, it could've been me.. I AM THEM.. AND THEY ARE ME.."

Through that golden understanding you will now let "your definition" of bad be ignored. Not because you still don't think its bad but because it could've been you.

Peace

ps - .. and its a good thing you only debate for fun..


[edit on 24-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The OP is hateful and over the top.

However he brings up a point I've made in other threads.

People who allow their children to become morbidly obese, IMO, are just as abusive as those who hit or molset their children.

I think the reasons why have already been well stated here. I don't know that it warrents removal from the home, but yes, this is abuse.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Man... I am seeing the issues we have NOW with foster care children. I can just envision it if all the tubby Thomases and Theresas were taken from their homes.

Not a pretty sight.

Yes, it is sad that these kids have such poor homelives. But trying to rip apart families to add a huge number of additional cases into the load that is already buckling seems...a less than optimal solution.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Amaterasu]



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


"Its not about taking it easy and ignoring the bad, its about taking the bad with the good, and doing whatever you can to help those that need it and those that have nothing else."


----------------------------------------------

Again were talking about "your definition of good or bad". One day son when you realize that "good or bad" are just perspective based and truly understand the golden rule as : "Whatever circumstances allowed this person to become so fat, it could've been me.. I AM THEM.. AND THEY ARE ME.."

Through that golden understanding you will now let "your definition" of bad be ignored. Not because you still don't think its bad but because it could've been you.

Peace

ps - .. and its a good thing you only debate for fun..


[edit on 24-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]


I notice you conveniently ignored my question....hmmm....and you are insulting my debating skills?

You can say its a matter of perception, but child abuse is not. Are you arguing otherwise?

And you can talk about putting myself in others shoes, but have you considered the reason why people usually get into the line of work that I am in?



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
Man... I am seeing the issues we have NOW with foster care children. I can just envision it if all the tubby Thomases and Theresas were taken from their homes.

Not a pretty sight.

Yes, it is sad that these kids have such poor homelives. But trying to rip apart families to add a huge number of additional cases into the load that is already buckling seems...a less than optimal solution.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Amaterasu]

I agree with you, and thats why, as I said before, I am an advocate not of taking children away, but of giving people the education and tools they need to teach their children about healthy living.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 



And you can talk about putting myself in others shoes, but have you considered the reason why people usually get into the line of work that I am in?


--------------------------------------------------

Yes, because its always easier to tell someone else to look in the mirror than it is to look at your own reflection.

Exactly like what I'm doing right now.

Peace



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
People start dictating how others should raise their kids in regards to eating and being healthy should foot the bill for those health programs and weight loss programs.

Put up or clam up.



Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by RFBurns]



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 



And you can talk about putting myself in others shoes, but have you considered the reason why people usually get into the line of work that I am in?


--------------------------------------------------

Yes, because its always easier to tell someone else to look in the mirror than it is to look at your own reflection.

Exactly like what I'm doing right now.

Peace

Alright man, hit me up when you have an answer to my question, or anything to actually say other than "chill out". I see where this is headed.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
I agree with you, and thats why, as I said before, I am an advocate not of taking children away, but of giving people the education and tools they need to teach their children about healthy living.


Star for you. [smile]

Yes, it is wrong to take children away from their families unless all other options have been exhausted.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
People start dictating how others should raise their kids in regards to eating and being healthy should foot the bill for those health programs and weight loss programs.

Put up or clam up.



Cheers!!!!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by RFBurns]

Food programs? It takes a food program to not eat fast food and doritoes? Wow. Just wow.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


I assume you mean this question; "Better yet, let me pose another question: Do you consider it abuse, or the infringement upon a childs rights if a parent brings them into this world addicted to heroin, or advocate their use of heroin throughout childhood?"

You're putting the cart before the horse, the question wouldn't arise in a world where people had the ability to truly empathize with one another.

You're answer is to put more energy into the equation in the form of direct intervention. My answer is to add nothing to the equation in the form of empathic understanding. When you realize its a losing battle, you will start winning.

Peace



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
you and CameronFox have the great dishonor of being the only 2 people on my ignore list. im pretty tolerant but you guys only spew hateful opinion.s your no different than a tyrant trying to oppress his people. im sorry you're so clouded you cannot see this. i bet the sight of peoples anger and misery of losing there children or not being able to have them gets you off doesn't it?

see the similarity's, i do.

my logic dictates that doing the opposite is better because children with obese parents will witness first hand whats it's like to be obese and struggle with weight issues. Maybe these kids will "wake up" by seeing there parents die a slow painful Cancer death or heart attack due to there obesity. i think that will have the most powerful effect on a persons mind and could make them change there life drastically.

boy i wish i could call you what you are but you know civility and decorum is the law here.




posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic
 


I assume you mean this question; "Better yet, let me pose another question: Do you consider it abuse, or the infringement upon a childs rights if a parent brings them into this world addicted to heroin, or advocate their use of heroin throughout childhood?"

You're putting the cart before the horse, the question wouldn't arise in a world where people had the ability to truly empathize with one another.

You're answer is to put more energy into the equation in the form of direct intervention. My answer is to add nothing to the equation in the form of empathic understanding. When you realize its a losing battle, you will start winning.

Peace


So basically, as everything else you've said, your side-stepping making an actual statement with a pseudo-intellectual excuse for apathy? Like I said before, have fun with that. You say the path to hell is paved with good intentions, yet Ive witness apathy leading down the path to hell.

I'm glad you can be at peace with your scientology/ascention/new age garbage, but how can you convince yourself that you are putting positive energy into the world by sitting idly by while the most innocent among us are harmed.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I sincerely hope one day the OP encounters health problems that make her gain weight and realize that the ridicule and hatred of people like her direct towards other people - BASED ON THEIR SIZE ALONE - is the height of bigotry.



posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey what about those people that have been hit with the ugly stick?
I mean, these poor people could end up with psychological damage from others as they point and laugh at them. Yeah kids can be so cruel.
Should they too not be able to procreate?

Okay, I get what OP is saying. Obviously no kids should be abused, but to say fat adults should not have kids in case their offspring(s) become fat is ridiculous, imo.



new topics

top topics



 
6
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join