It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat kids should be removed from home; Fat parents not allowed children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Do you wear white robes or burn crosses?

Perhaps we should euthanize anyone who is overweight?

Any members of your family that you love who are overweight?

Do you teach your children this hate of yours like the members of the KKK and the Aryan Nation do their children?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What is with this sudden hatred towards overweight people? With all the things going on the world, everything from our economy, wars, country falling apart, gang violence in cities, etc why is it there some growing trend of making the overweight seem evil? I'm in pretty good shape myself, but I've never been compelled to feel I'm superior to anyone who is heavier than I am. Who am I to judge, I'm far from perfect myself. I've grown up with chubby kids and they grew out of it, even the ones who had overweight parents. I've also known some who were very active and athletic in their youth to throughout high school, but now are over weight. There is enough information out there for people to educate themselves on eating healther and exercising. This can be found on the internet, tv, movies, magazines and even classmates, the local Y or even the next door neighbor.

I've been seeing a lot of attempts to try to control what people eat, it's wrong, people have every right to eat what they want. If a kid wants a candy bar, or a freakin cake with some ice cream, let him/her have it. Everybody grows up with a mind that they can choose to use or not, so if these kids aren't taught by their parents healthy ways, they'll probably find their own way. Kids should be taught how to think for themselves, not be told they are a freak because they enjoy a candy bar. And this hate towards overweight people needs to cease, as does the growing discrimination. Most of all, governments need to stay out of peoples business as do people need to stay out of peoples business.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by itinerantseeker]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Im sorry but this is the most ignorant post Ive read on ATS. Whats it to you if someone or their children have weight issues? Oh I get it your trying to score more points because you knew this would be a hotly disputed topic. Nice troll you even sucked me into it. Well done.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If ppl want to be fat, fine stuff your faces but dont do it to your kids,its child abuse.Its as bad as giving your five yr old cigarettes.You are shorting there lives and giving them a whole host of health problems!I dont agree with taking the kids away unless the parents dont do anything about it.Its the same as not giving them enough food.We have to step in.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If you are fat you shouldn't be allowed to raise children? What about smokers, drinkers, bean eaters, parents who don't require their kids to study for a certain amount of time every night (to enhance their future employability), parents who don't take their kids on trips, who have children before finishing their own education, who let their kids eat ice cream, who don't live in multicultural neighborhoods, who don't require musical training... Who are you to tell other people what to do? What you envision is just plain stupid! Do you expect four perfect couples to raise all the children for the millions who are not perfect????

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by itinerantseeker

Oh you think this counts as child abuse do you? If you really think that this is, I beg the differ. Let's just say, I've seen firsthand what REAL child abuse is, and this doesn't even come close. Get a life.

I'm sorry for the horrors in your past, but to insinuate that mental abuse and neglect is mild shows that you know nothing about the affect these things have on people. Recent studies show that physical abuse is often EASIER to move on from than mental abuse, because it doesnt involve nearly the amount of thought pattern manipulation or "deprogramming" that neglect and mental abuse require.

I still, 70 posts later, am appalled that such a large number of people on here defend a parents' right to abuse their child. Obviously, the OP is a fairly extreme, but as a country we tend to consider these types of abuses acceptable, as long as there arent bruises or blood, when, in reality, these scars go much deeper.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

You know, I just realized that I am a child abuser -- I have handed out Halloween candy! Lock me up and throw away the key.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snooze

You know, I just realized that I am a child abuser -- I have handed out Halloween candy! Lock me up and throw away the key.

I shouldnt even justify this with a response, but dont be foolish. This topic is obviously about far more extreme circumstances.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
WOW that is hatred to the extreme there

I was a fat kid, at age 10ish i was the fattest in my school year, by age 15 i was average and at age 24 i'm shaped like a pole and want to put ON weight.

I drink, I smoke and I don't lead a healthy lifestyle

I'm also not mentally disturbed from being put in a home / military school / the hitler youth or whatever hatred you have in mind

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum
WOW that is hatred to the extreme there

I was a fat kid, at age 10ish i was the fattest in my school year, by age 15 i was average and at age 24 i'm shaped like a pole and want to put ON weight.

I drink, I smoke and I don't lead a healthy lifestyle

I'm also not mentally disturbed from being put in a home / military school / the hitler youth or whatever hatred you have in mind

And the rest of us will get to foot the bill in 15 years when you are sucking up national resources because your parents didnt teach you any healthy living habits, and you will undoubtedly pass it down to your children. Congrats on showing off your rights!

And let's not even get into the fact that healthy eating habits have been proven to improve brain function.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is just more a sign of the times. It's a ridiculously polarized world when you can have starving people in all corners of the globe and also enough abundance of food for this argument to even begin in the first place.

Its a moot point in a real world sustainable environment and as our make-believe puff piece of society crumbles around us these sort of arguments will be brushed aside along with the weak minded individuals that created them.

Peace

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TheRealDonPedros]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

If you teach your children that kind of intolerance, perhaps they should be taken from you? What you're doing is far worse than someone being overweight.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Being healthy isn't the be-all and end-all.. Don't you remember "Jim Fix"? If not, the good Dr.Hicks will gladly remind you.

Buddy, chill out. So you're paying for some fat guys health later in life, someone will be paying for whatever addiction you filled the hole in your soul with. Make no mistake, that's what this is all about. You're upset about having to look after fat people, what about the people that weren't greedy materialistic credit mongers now having to inherit the mess of people living beyond there means???

Bottom Line - We all have our vices because were still wandering around like kids in the playground, with no one to guide us except ourselves.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros

Buddy, chill out. So you're paying for some fat guys health later in life, someone will be paying for whatever addiction you filled the hole in your soul with. Make no mistake, that's what this is all about. You're upset about having to look after fat people, what about the people that weren't greedy materialistic credit mongers now having to inherit the mess of people living beyond there means???

Bottom Line - We all have our vices because were still wondering around like kids in the playground, with no one to guide us except ourselves.

Peace

I understand your point, but I could truly care less about adults and what they do. As I said in an earlier post, once you pass 30, if you haven;t figured it out, that is your problem. But to pass it on to your children, knowingly and willingly, is disgusting and is flat out abuse.

I will never "chill out" when speaking of the mistreatment of children. I have focused my life on fighting it, I work with abused children for a living, and I cannot sit idly by while others advocate it.

The apathy in this country is beyond gross.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

t weren't greedy materialistic credit mongers now having to inherit the mess of people living beyond there means???

But dont you see that passing these types of habits on is one more step in leaving them the mess? How can you not see this?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I will never "chill out" when speaking of the mistreatment of children. I have focused my life on fighting it, I work with abused children for a living, and I cannot sit idly by while others advocate it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Peace

I guess if thats how you want to take it, so be it. However, I think I should clarify, again, that I am speaking in terms of two things: A) extreme cases, which constitute child abuse(of which there are more than any of you would like to admit), and B) Personal responsibility. By the replies on here, it is clear that most have no remorse or guilt about passing on potentially fatal, potentially life shattering habit because it is "their right".

While I do agree that there should be mandatory parental screenings, to ensure child safety, I do not advocate telling someone they cant have a child or taking children away, unless there is no other option. I am an advocate of EDUCATION-teaching the parents the skills they need to be effective parents, and teaching children the life skills that they have missed in their upbringing.

I feel like a broken record, but I cant help it. It is flat out disgusting to me that people here are willing to not only turn a blind eye to abuse, but in this case, openly advocate for it because it is "the parents' right".

I also have to bring up, again, this question? If a parents right to teach a child poor living habits infringes on the childs right to have a healthy upbringing, which person's right supercedes the other? Thats right, that one not infringing on the other.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But dont you see that passing these types of habits on is one more step in leaving them the mess? How can you not see this?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't solve the problems, the problems solve themselves. Don't you see that by fighting said problem you are only adding fuel to the fire in the form of a neverending dialectic.?

Solution, chill out and mind your own business. A good example of this mindset would be "Ben Harper's - Burn One Down". Try not to have a knee jerk reaction to the subject matter and focus solely on the golden rule elements of the song.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

-------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't solve the problems, the problems solve themselves. Don't you see that by fighting said problem you are only adding fuel to the fire in the form of a neverending dialectic.?

Solution, chill out and mind your own business. A good example of this mindset would be "Ben Harper's - Burn One Down". Try not to have a knee jerk reaction to the subject matter and focus solely on the golden rule elements of the song.

Peace

See, I debate on ATS for fun. I advocate in real life for REAL LIFE. it's not about knee-jerk reaction, and saying so just shows how lightly you take a subject as dire as child abuse, and reinforces my belief that MOST people in this country are unfit to be parents and that as of right now, the human race is reaping what is sows.

Its not about taking it easy and ignoring the bad, its about taking the bad with the good, and doing whatever you can to help those that need it and those that have nothing else.

You talk about the golden rule son, you ought go back and think about what it means.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

"I also have to bring up, again, this question? If a parents right to teach a child poor living habits infringes on the childs right to have a healthy upbringing, which person's right supercedes the other? Thats right, that one not infringing on the other."

------------------------------------------------------------
You're mistaking "the child's right" with "your idea" of the child's right. The child and the parents are entitled to "LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINNESS" as they define it...Not as you define it.

You're the one doing the infringing.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join