It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat kids should be removed from home; Fat parents not allowed children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Our obesity rate is rising. Parents aren't teaching THEMSELVES proper nutrition, let alone their children. Refusing to educate yourself in how to live a healthy life is dangerous, and when you bring a child into such a situation, it is child abuse.

If you are too lazy or busy to lose weight, you are too lazy or busy to have children.

If you do not excersize, if you do not eat veggies, you are unfit to have children.

If you think you have a fat gene, why would you even want to pass that down to a poor child! Kids are getting meaner- do you really want to bring an abnormal child into such a mean world?

If you are unwilling to eat healthy, be healthy, and love doing it, but you still want children, you are setting them up for failure and an early death. Get your tubes tied or otherwise stop yourself from having kids.

It's the right thing to do.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You would have been tried as a witch in Salem back in the old days...... Quit preachin' hate...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The thing is, obesity and poor eating habits is a form of abuse the same as neglect. We will remove children when they are put in a position of malnurishment, but we are completely fine with obesity, which is as, if not more devastating.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Because there is no such thing as obesity due to medical conditions I assume?

Hell... why not just go all the way and make obesity illegal?

This is such a bad idea, that I firmly believe you should be working for the government in some capacity or other.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If you title had said, " Abused kids should be removed from home: Abusive parents not allowed to have children" I would agree with you.

Or how about:

" Vegetarian kids should be removed from home: Vegetarian parents not allowed to have children"

or how about:

"Soda drinking kids should be removed from home: Soda drinking parents not allowed to have children"

People do a lot of things that are unhealthy, will you single out all of them, or just the fat ones?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Fat people are abnormal failures who should be happy being told what to do and how to live... This may be the creepiest post I've read in quite a while. And that includes my own. This makes me wish there was an alternative to the flag system. A false flag system, perhaps.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I really really hope that it is some kind of very hidden irony. Don't you know that it is all about survival of the fattest?

Jokes aside, nobody is entitled to decide who can have children or who cannot. Or who will raise the child.
I think that fat kid would prefer his parents over some foster home in 99.9999 percent. Taking him away would be child abuse, not vice versa. And while i agree that sport/diet education should be given much higher priority, not only to kids but to adults too - still it is totally wrong to decide based on person's weight his evolutionary role. You are not God nor nature.
If everyone would really worry about his/hers close relatives and offspring and stop worrying about them (fat/poor/rich/american/asian/marsian/whatever) "bad" people our common future would be much better.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So, while you may be fortunate enough to be in good health, that may change for you, as it does for many. And with those changes you may find youself being a victim of all this socially acceptable hatred against you, based on something as irrevelant as your physical form. Im not even going to list any of them, but children who are bonded to their parent, know and love their families very much, whatever their health conditions are, whether they have diabetes, thyroid conditions, circulatory problems, and all manners of things that relate to metobalism and the ability to excercise.

The point is no one owns anybody. We are sovereign beings not slaves! It doesn't matter what they think or try and say. And children need love, and their families, not a police state.
Educate yourself and wake up. The SS is drawing near.

Guess what, though I have no thryoid that registers and have to be undermedicated due to my heart, I excercise and eat very healthy, neither fat nor thin. But one thing I will do, is stand up for every single persons rights on this planet. If the SS comes for my neighbor, I'll be in their face.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by mystiq]

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is one of the most ridiculous and generally hateful things I've ever read here.

If I could give you negative stars I would.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Wow, I hope you never have children. Better yet I hope they are obese so they are taken away from you. Please go get help.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It actually is a bit of irony. But I have been hearing these exact sentiments all around my state- one of the fattest in the country.

I do think that, in some cases, obesity is like unto child abuse. Not all cases. But if you have a six year old who is coming close to 200 pounds, you should be required BY LAW to take that child to a nutritionist, and a doctor, and the gym. If you can't afford it, the government should have to help you.

Our national identity is slowly turning from all of the great things we once were, land of the free, home of the brave... to land of the fast food, home of the fatass. Something has to be done.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What a fantastically happy life you must have lived thus far, to think that something like fat is so awful. Or you suffered terrible abuse at the hands of an over-weight person and want the rest of the chubby population to suffer for the actions of the one.

Either way, it is time to take your ignorance of true harm or your grief over to a professional counselor. Because until you've witnessed true child abuse, you won't understand how ridiculous your OP really is.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This thread is gnarly.....get out while you can!!!!

Second line.....
Third line.....
Fourth line.....

yikes!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I do know how ridiculous it is, but I've been hearing these thoughts brought up on local news radio stations and the like. I don't ENTIRELY believe my OP, but apparently there are people who do.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwomanI do think that, in some cases, obesity is like unto child abuse. Not all cases. But if you have a six year old who is coming close to 200 pounds,

i agree, this is akin to child abuse.

i wouldn't say fat people should be stopped from having kids and your first post was rough but when young kids are that fat then the parents need to be asked some serious questions.

Our national identity is slowly turning from all of the great things we once were, land of the free, home of the brave... to land of the fast food, home of the fatass. Something has to be done.

sorry, you're about 10 years late. americans, unfair as it may be, are generally assumed to be fat asses.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Theres nothing hateful about it. At some point our population will have to realize that the things that you pass on to our children affect them for their entire lives. People are so caught up on the selfishness of "its my right to have a child" that they dont realize they they are ruining multiple lives in the process.

Call me hateful if you like, I am nothing of the sort. I just cant believe the audacity of the idea that it is anyones right to ruin a child's life. By 30-35, if you havent figured it out yet, that is your problem. Dont make it your child's as well.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by cautiouslypessimistic]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Another lament from people who don't have a clue about real life.

Eating healthy isn't cheap, and a lot of people can't afford it.

When you have children, getting exercise is next to impossible. If you both work it is nearly impossible.

A lot of people have ailments, that make exercise even harder. Many people have such busy schedules, that they are too exhausted.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yeeeaaahhhh.....they can come and take my kid. She's a pudge. But, they have to lift her because she has Cerebral Palsy and has little use of her legs.
Tough kid. She does excercises everyday. Physical Therapy. Occupational Therapy. Hippotherapy on Sundays.
Oh, and having a child with CP adds a MILLION dollars to the end costs to raise the child to age 18.
You want her?
Come on over and try to take her.
Send your advocates to engage me in this idiotic proposal.

YOUR advocates to this can spend the $6000.00 for the power wheelchair she needs.

I'm not too worried anyone is going to show up, so, why bring it here? Why ATS? Propaganda?

Why?
Cuhail

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Cuhail]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

I always say that I wish I could give out razzie awards. lol

a thumbs down would be nice.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Where to begin with this one..... You and people like you are the reason that this place (the earth) is so crappy. Really?? No kids cause your fat! You need to learn a lesson in himility.

I for 1 will officially be boycotting this thread and you also sadisticwoman (very appropriate name) and i wish you a happy life in your smothie king / tofu world. :leaves to go to BK cause McDonalds officially blows because of a thread i read earlier.

MessOnTheFED!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join