It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else is not afraid of the Government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I just wanted to make this thread to go on the record and say that.... I am not afraid of the U.S. Government. They should be afraid of me. I think that our government has let us down. They have failed us in more ways than one. They are cowards who need to be replaced. Corruption within our government is in the news enough to make me sick. I am not a zombie who will allow you to spoon feed me. I am not a zombie who is more concerned with American Idol. I am not a zombie who trusts you. I am not a zombie. I am a pissed off American, and I am not alone.
I see too many threads where people are too afraid to speak their mind because "there watching" Well I hope they are. I have the freedom of speech and im not afraid to use it.
Who else here on ATS is not afraid of this poor excuse of a government? Stand up and be counted.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
well said,im with you.im still a free man and one way or another i intend to stay that way

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Tac, nothing personal just an observation.

You are correct that there are lots of threads where people are afraid to speak their mind. However, many are willing to speak. And like you and I, they rant and rave and complain to no avail. Government continues to do what government desires to do.

Now the part of standing up. I see many people advocating for Americans to wake up, stand up, protest, march, take action etc. But, I find it ironic that these same people are the ones not leading the charge. It is as though everyone is waiting for someone to take the lead. Even if somebody did take the lead, I still think many will hold back to see what becomes of the leader once he, she, or they take on government.

You are correct that people should speak out regardless of who is listening but IMO this action alone will not resolve the issue.

You are correct about replacing the cowards. However, people have a tendency to keep reelecting the same fools who got us in trouble in the first place. I blame this phenomenon on people's lack of understanding of Government Civics.

You are also correct about the corruption in our government. Kinda funny how we criticize Mexico for its corruption yet have our own form of corruption. The only difference is that our corruption is legal because it is defined in the form of legislation.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I am not afraid!....yet I post anonymous

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
am not scared of the goverment what so ever

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am in NO WAY afraid of the government and it's sad at how many people are just scared to death, posting the most ridiculous threads such as OMGOMGOGM THERES A HELICOPTER ABOVE MY HOUSE AND ITS BLACK!@!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Thanks for the reply. Im not trying to lead a revolt or anything like that. I posted in the hopes that "They" do monitor this site, It just seems like when the people are too afraid to speak out thats when they get run over. When I first joined this site, I was too afraid to post my true feelings in fear that they would see it, and take me away in the middle of the night, But then I realized that nothing I have ever said or think, is illegal in any way, it may seem harsh but its not illegal and I will never be afraid to say what I think.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
im scared more of idiots than the government....

too bad most idiots work FOR the government!!

crap we are screwed.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't fear the government, but I do fear government black sites.

2nd line

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks
im scared more of idiots than the government....

idiots are definatley a concern

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Am i afraid of the government?? Heeeeellllllllllll Nooooooooooooooo

and no one should be one bit what so ever they are cowards to say the least and i am more than happy to honestly say i am not afraid of any government one tiny bit !!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed." ~ Buddha

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, this you may not read, this you may not see, or this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is need to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose miond is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything - you cant conquer a free man, the most you can do is kill him." ~ Robert A. Heinlein

this is how i feel.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by BlesUTP]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

it may seem harsh but its not illegal and I will never be afraid to say what I think.

I agree. just the way it should be.

Excellent post

S+F

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well Hell, I might as well join on this one too.

I've already spoke up on most the threads I can find to do so.

Hey Govt.! Piss off!

We are coming to get you!

You will restore The Constitution!

Stand up and be counted.

I love these threads with the FEMA camp lock up deals.
If they are going to use them, I'll make sure I get someone to post for me so that you know. As I am sure to be one of the first to go.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tac109

American Government didn't give me any freedom, they just claim to but I was born with it. They can try to take it all they want but they wont get it from me. I am with you on this one!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It seems funny to me that any one would be afraid of the government. It's the out come of what they intend to do that sort of scares me. Benjamin Franklin said over two hundred years ago that if man gives up his freedom for security he wil lose both his freedom and his security. That is exactly what they are about to do. They are going to offer us security and safety in place of our freedom. Well let me tell you that I think that I can survive without security a long time before I can live without my freedom. besides from what Benjamin Franklin said over two hundred years ago, it almost sounds like their plan has been in place for over two hundred years. Anyway, that is sort of my thoughts on the subject. I say organize, adapt and over come. I have three groups organized for "bug out" day and in each one of them I have one guy that has previos military experience. This will be very helpful to any group as far as survival experience and they will probably be designated as the "leader" of the groups. Best of luck to all of you and may the force be with you...sabre11004...

Do the right thing every time and you will be appreciated by some, but astonished by many...Benjamin Franklin...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

As I am sure to be one of the first to go.

Sorry man but that first spot is mine

I hate the government more than you

Its all in my username

p.s i love that we are arguing over who hates them the most

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Bring them on!

Illegitimate Zionist corrupted libero-fascist proto Nazi fools!

They may have guns, and push buttons, and have men behind screens but we know we have the immutable force of good and right on our side. A government should never have dominion over its power base. I say let them come! Let them come and try to usurp our freedom and herd us into camps, and I say to you we shall make DuPont Circle overflow crimson with the blood of illegitimate Zionist Halliburton usurpers!

I know that seems harsh, but the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of tyrants and patriots - and I don't care if the new tyrant doesn't look like the old one. It's all the same line of puppets.

Cosmos help me, I am ready for the Turner Diaries.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
dont be scared of the government. but dont underestimate it either. just because it is your opinion that they are all failures and should be shot doesnt mean these idiots dont have the power to send a fully armed swat team to your house just because they decided that you are not scared enough.

im not scared. death isnt a punishment. and thats the worst they can do. so bring it.

new topics

top topics

join