It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why all the "GOD" postings is it time to make ammends ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Quite a lot of postings lately are referenced to God in some sort of way. "God talked to me" " I know what God is saying" and different variances on that. Is their a shift on people's thinking process during these troubled times? Is it the sheeple EFFECT looking for a leader ? I can't say for me because I tend to be a bit realistic and I believe if anyone is going to help you in these troubled times , it's going to be yourself!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by branty

It is because most believe in god at some level. Of course when things get bad, people are going to look to god for guidance. I do every day regardless of whether things are good or bad. Better safe than sorry.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i understand where you are coming from....i used to be the same way. But in one of my most troubled times when nothing seemed to be going in my way, and all was lost i had the wonderful pleasure of talking to God myself...and after that theres not a single thing in this world that will ever sway my beliefs. The last thing im am trying to do is make you believe...all im saying is he knows his timing and maby you havnt felt it yet?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
and you are right about helping yourself....but he helps you help yourself if you have faith...( sorry if im sounding like a bible pusher..thats not my intentions)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
if you have 100% belief in yourself then you would have already answered the question. Unlike other people who might not be so blunt. the only way to have ertanal life is through jesus.

if for a moment you imagine eternity, and hold that thought, thats where you will be. if jesus is in your thought and you are filled with joy , then your questions and concerns are answered. it so simple really.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Branty you can't rule out the possibility that there is a God. Sure religions out there have bastardized the underlying message. There are so many things in this reality that we just do not understand. We are making discoveries that years ago would have made people laugh at you. Some of the basis behind one of the string theories is that strings are made up of potentials forming massive intertwining 10th dimensional membranes that appear to be sort of an intelligant quasi neural network within all matter (god even if its not how we understand him). Point is you have to at least allow for the possibility that we really have no idea who or what god is therefore cannot come to a conclusion until we know enough where conclusions can be made. This is really hard considering that we are making discoveries in the world of science that are far beyond our comprehension.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A new age is coming with an age old prophecy. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

I think this is a new age , with unprecedented circumstances, im just asking if the old age of, closing your eyes and looking up, is going to help you during these troubled times.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Im not dicounting anything, I just think people should Man Up , when TSHTF , you better not be on your knees with eyes close, or you gonna open your eyes inside a camp!!!!

top topics

join