It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF/World Bank Meeting In DC In April....Something Brewing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
With what is going on at this present time and the world economy going under right before our eyes, could a huge protest be brewing? Another "Battle in Seattle"???

The IMF and World Bank will hold a conference in Washington DC on April 25/26.

www.gwu.edu...

On web.worldbank.org under "About us section"

"SPRING MEETINGS
Each Spring, the joint Bank-IMF and the IMF's International Monetary and Financial Committee hold meetings to discuss progress on the work of the Bank and Fund. Plenary sessions of the World Bank and IMF's Boards of Governors are only scheduled during the Annual Meetings in the autumn."

As I was typing this, I ran into something (brewing):

"Washington DC: Protest the spring IMF/World Bank meetings, April 24-26, 2009"

news.infoshop.org...

...and another - indymedia.us...

Boy, this could get ugly. I will drive from Texas for this one!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Perfect time to shut them all down.

Where are all the crazy people in the world anymore?

Where are the one's that shoot high level people with some weird view.

Oh, that's right, the Govt. has to hire them first.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Great find and post. This would be a prime event to have a mass demonstration. Peacefully scare the SH*&^ out of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anyone watching Helicopter Ben talking to congress?

When asked if Banks were parking money in Treasurys...he did just like before and side stepped it...this is all pointless...apparently congress has no Idea who their dealing with and every tough question they ask gets the run around and they just blow it off...5 minute rule...right...no real answers to anything...double talk...hold another windbag meeting and waste more time...we really need to call the bankers bluff!!!

you hear that??? The Fed has no Congressional mandate to help with States bonds troubles...The Fed has no congression mandate to exist at all!!!!

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The way the DJI is continuing its downward spiral, this rally could be much bigger than anyone we have seen. Hopefully not as violent as the rally in Seattle in '99. Of course the MSM is still listing (to this day on Yahoo) that the recession will end this year...wow!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I think soon will happen the inevitably, I found this.! www.drudgereport.com...
S&F

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vasco

I think Murdoch has been watching his new Glenn Beck show on fox news.

Makes sense to me.

I think many of the higher ups know what is coming.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
American Tea Parties beginning to pop up everywhere around our nation in late Feb and Mar. The IMF/WorldBank coming in April with protests springin up. This is just adding to the fire that is already a blazing inferno! Hope everyone is ready for what is about to come......

[edit on 24-2-2009 by texaspike09]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
But I would hope we actually do something instead of talking it to death. Americans are not quite as prone to protests as our European counterparts. We like to be content and like our lives to go along smoothly. I hope it doesn't become an inevitable struggle for survival that brings the protests in 2010 or 2011. But they are coming in some form eventually. I believe Obama means well and will try his best. There are forces at work that he will be unable to stop. Would love to think it will be "okay." But the price of being wrong might be very steep indeed.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Thanks Ya'll for putting up this thread about the World Bank and IMF meetings in DC this April. I was searching for information and found this forum, which I feel like I will take more of a part in now that I know it exists.

Anywhoo, I'm sure there are people organizing all sorts of responses to these meetings the only one I have found and connected with outside of my own immediate affinity groups was Global Justice Action. www.globaljusticeaction.org.

the below information from the strategy section of their web site leaves lots of room for everyone who comes to DC to do what they feel is right to stand up to the global economic elite, support people representing countries who are completely marginalized and abused by the economic elite, and leaves room for education and lots of fun:

Action Strategy

Global Justice Action is organizing around a multi-level, tier, strategy. Once we acheive the first Tier, we will organize for the second and then the third. Alongside the Action Strategy, a forum will take place, outlining our visions for a better world. We embrace a diversity of tactics, so take part in whatever you feel best fits you.

We need creativity and people to make this happen. So join us in this strategy and help us break the bank!

Tier 1: Blockade the Hotels

International Monetary Fund and World Bank delegates leave their hotels at 6:30 am in an attempt to get around demonstrations. They plan the agendas of their meetings because they are running scared. There are 22 hotels, with many concentrated North and Northeast of the IMF/World Bank. These are our choke points. If we can prevent the delegates from leaving the hotels, we will prevent the meetings from happening. Click here for a map of all the delegate hotels.

The strategy calls for blockades, barricades, and unpermitted marches (announced or unannounced) to occur in the time leading up to the delegate transportation departing from the hotels. Be creative and tactical in how we do this. They will start boarding the buses and limos at 6:30am, lets be out there waiting.

Along with the first tier of the proposed strategy we are calling for direct action marches to reinforce the blockades and strike a major blow to capital and spectacle.

Tier 2: Street Blockades

If we can prevent the delegates from moving from the hotels the second tier calls for taking the streets and preparing to keep them. Once the delegate transportation is immobilized the strategy calls for people to start blockading the streets, using a variety of tactics, to further lock the area down. The goal is to set up an area of control which will take hours, or maybe days to clear. The blockades at the hotels, and the police response may create space for us to start to build more permanent blockades. Be aware, fluid, and ready to lock it down!

Along with the blockades, the unpermitted marches will continue to serve to reinforce and distract.

Tier 3: Strategic Reclamation of Space

They stole our world out from under us and call it property, it is goddamn time we took it back! If we can immobilize delegate transportation and lock the streets down we can move into actually seizing space in order to build projects that will persist beyond these actions. These actions can be part of the plan of action for any group and may be engaged in at any time, regardless of the status of actions downtown. Contact community organizations and local collectives for help in building a long term project that starts that weekend, take over that building that you always wanted to take over, open up a house, our resistance needs to be constant and consistent. Demonstrations will not solve the problem in themselves but can open up spaces for our desires to manifest, use this space to build spaces and a movement that can win!

People's Forum and March...

The rest of the strategy section and lots more info is @ globaljusticeaction.org/strategy/ and globaljusticeaction.org

top topics

join