It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernanke: Recession could end this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
Prey tell why is the market going up after hearing all that dribble?

Anyone with half a brain could hear Ben was using a circular argument...he can't shut down a bank that has enough capitol to operate...but he's providing the capitol it keep it that way?!?!?

We have retards running Congress if they can't see that...

No Hx3, I am convinced we have puppets running Congress. We've been living in a Fascist Plutocracy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
"recession could end this year" = bwahhhaaaaahaahahhaaaaaaahaaaaaa!

OMG, I fell out of my chair.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
With scores of trillions still 'lost' in derivatives, and the Fed pumping out dollars as if it were peppermint patties,
[edit on 24-2-2009 by Maxmars]

I am afraid that soon, peppermint patties will have more value than our dollars. Big mac = 4 peppermint patties

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Something amusing to look at...

Transcript of Conversation between Geithner and Volker 2/9
brucekrasting.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As I see it, the recession will end when they allow it to end. I'm surprised more people aren't thinking this, but then I know little about economics. But I ask myself this question, how does a non-free market go into freefall? Since the market is controlled, has been controlled, wouldn't that potentially make this a controlled fall as well? Makes sense to me. The why is easy. A consolidation of funds. Making sure some people stay rich, that banks don't close while the new power structure in the world is ironed out. America is no longer #1.

But that's just the way I see it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Well, some are inclined to report the 'effect' of Bernake's comments....,

Stocks Bounce Back From Lows; Dow Gains 236 Points

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

Well, it is controlled in a sense via media manipulation, as you can see from today's market results after BB's press statement. Other mechanisms are beyond my understanding, but no doubt exist from the threads I've read here on ATS. One economist, Reinhardt, has successfully predicted trends in the market far in advance by using market history, as he claims the market is timed. Skeptics are inclined to think he has an inside source. In either case, it shows there is market manipulation occurring at some level.

DN

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TheDarkNight]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join