It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier doubts ( Obama's) eligibility, defies president's orders

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Obama is already sworn in TPTB have spoken these military people are sad they actually believe in our political system!

link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
This is beyond unbelievable...

Since when soldiers have rights to question orders ???

Since always.

We have the responsibility to question orders we may feel are unlawful. That is why the soldiers at Abu Grab (sp?) were punished, they recieved unlawful orders and did not quesion them.

link   

Originally posted by 5thElement
This is beyond unbelievable...

Since when soldiers have rights to question orders ???

When a question of ETHICS is involved, they have always had the right...

I for one applaud the soldier in his convictions, however I do have some concern on the precedence this may set for other soldiers, them government workers, then defendants, etc...

I WILL be watching to see how this plays out. And Whitewave is correct in her statement that this could all go away with a bone fide original vault copy...but that has been the case for some time now, yes?...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
reply to post by skeptic_al

That would INDEED be funny I suppose, but this guy DEFINITELY does not fit that definition, Birth certificate aside. So far he has voted for all of the same special-interests that have helped run our country into the ground as the previous regimes have. His campaign promises, just like all the rest of them are nothing more than BS and illusions to hornswaggle the gullible sheeples for a few more years.

I have always thought the new White House Tennats who ever that was,
will have no choice but to follow the previous tennants action in Iraq and Afganistan.
Oherwise, those countries and the rest of the world will just think, you
totally stuffed it, now you leave. on the hand, Iraq and Afganistan don't
want you there. So your damned if you do and.......

The only difference will be not wanting to start another war at the drop
of hat. And I have absolutely no doubt what-so-ever if Bush could do
another term, there would be another war.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
Unfortunately, the soldier will end up in court martial...

Obama has been sworn in as president... Thus, he is president, even if he is ineligible.

The military will tell him that its not his job to ask credentials of his president, and that he took an oath to follow the orders of the president.

If he follows through with his dissent, it will result in a court martial and possibly jail time.

Even if you doubt his eligibility for presidency, He still currently holds the position, and thus, still is the president.

Isn't that a problem though? Obama might as well be an up and coming dictator, holding the interests of another nation close by. How can the military, THE MILITARY, really be expected to trust a man that might not really be working in the nation's interest? The military has to defend the nation. What if it is taking orders from someone that might undermine the nation? That he holds the office legally, that he was voted in legally, is insufficient evidence of his commitment to the nation. Hitler took office legally. Why isn't Obama capable of doing the same thing? Why shouldn't the military have the right to question him? It IS their patriotic duty after all... and all they require is a simple birth certificate. It's not much to ask. Why hasn't this thing materialized yet?

[edit on 24-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sorry about the double post. I thought I was editing. I hit "reply to" button by accident.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

Please stop it. Bush didn't become a dictator and neither will Obama.

All of the fears that you people have are unfounded... GET OVER IT.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It's about principle. The military has the right to question the validity of his office. Why did such suspicion arise in the first place? The military needs to make sure it can protect the people of the nation, both you and me, from harm if for some reason the President went rogue. Would our system of checks and balances, separation of powers, be enough to stop someone with as much political capital as Obama? It didn't stop Bush from violating human rights. His administration got away with a lot of their lawmaking through the use of fear mongering. What if Obama is even worse?

"The President is controlled by the NWO." I mean, you say it in your signature...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

show me one piece of positive proof,that he was born in hawaii,show me the paperwork that made him a citizen after indonesia.
if he wasn't an indo citizen,how did he get into afghanistan when they weren't allowing US citizens in the country??
i have to show my license whan i drive a car.
why wouldn't he have to prove he is eligible?
AND THE BIG ONE...WHY WON'T HE?

MAYBE HE'LL JUST PASS ANOTHER STIMULUS BILL FOR LAWYERS TO PREVENT HIS HAVING TO. last i heard ,and that was a while ago,he had spent $ 800,000 to keep us from knowing .

link   

Originally posted by Spectre0o0
reply to post by Frankidealist35

unpatriotic?
requiring that he fulfill the requirements of the constitution?

He did, time and time again these little accusations have been countered with actual evidence, yet you folks refuse to counter them back, you just ignore, refuse to come up with evidence of these accusations and then you repeat the same damn thing over again as if your one of those kids with their hands on their ears, muttering... its truly pathetic. He has provided evidence, he has satisfied all opponents, government officials, agencies and the majority of the nation, and yet you folks, the rightwing fringe, continue to yap on.

The truth is, you refuse to accept the fact his your president. This goes beyond the "constitution" or the "protection of rights" because if this was the real issue, you would be onto the unconstitutional acts as bright as day from the last administration instead of wasting everybodies time on this fringe conspiracy.

President Obama, for the next 4years and probably the next 8years.

Denial aint helping nobody son.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Southern Guardian]

link   
reply to post by cognoscente

The principle to be racist?

The principle to question something that's been brought up by only the racists of the GOP and the angry Hillary voters?

This is childish, and, please, I ask for all of you to stop it... I've already criticized Obama without bringing this up...

HE IS AMERICAN, HE WAS BORN IN AMERICA, please... look at what Phillip J Berg has started.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Pretty open and shut.

I'd say, there was less reason to follow Bush, because his election was a bit fraudulent. He also didn't actually follow congress's provisions on providing proof of Saddam's complicity in 9/11, nor getting a mandate from the UN, so his occupation of Iraq was illegitimate on both standings.

Yet you know what would happen if someone had challenged him like that? Court martial.

The "Obama" not a citizen thing has got to end. It is silly. They've got a birth certificate. Sure, it could be a forgery.

Obama was raised in the US, and it's kind of splitting hairs even if there is a remote possibility that his diapers weren't first changed on US soil. The other candidate, McCain, was born overseas, but it was on a naval base considered US soil.

So end the nit-picking. Keep your powder dry for a real issue.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Phillip J Berg is a media hog, and opportunist, as he aways has been. The fact phillip has teamed up with the very fringe that insulted and mocked his icon, hillary, and vice versa, should be proof enough how bogus and emotionally driven this entire thing is.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

then why is there a sudden sovereignty movement in 25 states? why didn't he help with the border war we are fightin g in Texas?
sovereignty is about stopping a dictatorship,and state rights. you really need to find out what you're talking about before you blindly follow.

THIS IS THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES COUNTRY.IT IS OUR CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY TO ASK QUESTIONS.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I don't think his nationality has anything to do with his race. It's pretty simple. If he isn't a national he could potentially undermine the safety of the nation. The military needs to know if such a thing is possible. It is the duty of the military to know.

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
The other candidate, McCain, was born overseas, but it was on a naval base considered US soil.

Yet McCain was always a true national. People could clearly see that. No one would have questioned his eligibility if he had won. He fought at war. He was born within the jurisdiction of a U.S. freakin' military base. If it wasn't for Bush, perhaps McCain might have had a better shot at winning the election. If it weren't for what the previous administration did to tarnish the image of the Republican party, then a national would have once again been elected. Many dictators received western educations, and many have spent time in America. What is to stop someone from coming to the country to usurp its resources in an attempt to undermine it in some way or another?

[edit on 25-2-2009 by cognoscente]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
If he was NOT born in the US, then article 92 of the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice) states:

(c) A general order or regulation is lawful unless it is contrary to the Constitution, the laws of the United States, or lawful superior orders or for some other reason is beyond the authority of the official issuing it.

usmilitary.about.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Interesting how people had such a low opinion of the "dodgers" who did not want to partake in an illegal occupation...Cuz "they know what they signed up for,and they are there to take orders from above only"...But now everyone wants to jump behind,support,for some jackass questioning some dumb # that is public record...Maybe if he was not serving in the killing fields he would have the option of doing some re-search...LOL

...Can this person PROVE obama is NOT an american???

where someone is born matters more than if you have an 8 year war crimes record...Iiiinteresting ;-)...all keep that in mind...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

OVERSEAS? and exactly what sea is panama over? he was born on a military base. federal soil. US property,to 2 active military people.
he also went to court to get a ruling...not to have it dismissed.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAA

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit85

SO all those that follow orders and commit genocide should be given a pat on the back. For being good little order followers eh!

When did America become a dictatorship?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Every time this comes up, it makes me think of that scene from Blazing Saddles, where all the towns folk freak out that their new Sheriff is black.

Truly classic. It's plane to everybody else, that this is the real issue here -- the people who protest Obama's citizenship are "fooling the world" -- which means, they are only convincing themselves.

There is no real support or evidence to believe he wasn't born in the US. And it is pretty clear that he was raised here.

The SPIRIT of the American-born Presidential provision, was to protect the early US government, from electing a royal from England to office. I think we've clearly met that obligation -- Obama is no stealth royalty. I'd have an issue with someone who was an adult before they became a citizen for this important office.

If you really want to be sticklers for rules -- Dick Cheney could not have been Vice President, because both he and Bush were listed as residing in Texas-- another very clear prohibition for the office of President . Cheney had to buy a new house in another state -- but they were clearly breaking that law.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join