It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier doubts ( Obama's) eligibility, defies president's orders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Soldier doubts ( Obama's) eligibility, defies president's orders

www.wnd.com

Taitz said other legal cases questioning Obama's eligibility filed by members of the military mostly have included retired officers, and courts several times have ruled they don't have standing to issue their challenge.

Easterling, however, is subject to enemy fire and certainly would have a reason to need to know the legitimacy of his orders, she argued.

"Until Mr. Obama releases a 'vault copy' of his original birth certificate for public review, I will consider him neither my Commander in Chief nor my President, but rather, a usurper to the Office – an impostor," his statement said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The story that won't seem to go away---Obama's citizenship / eligibility...

Now, according to this article (admittedly from WND, which isn't the greatest source), it is spilling over into military trust of the newly-elected POTUS. This soldier claims that he will not recognize Obama as commander-in-chief until he provides documentation PROVING his eligibility in terms of citizenship. If true, could this have a ripple-effect in military dissent?

Perhaps this is something to keep an eye on...

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the soldier will end up in court martial...

Obama has been sworn in as president... Thus, he is president, even if he is ineligible.

The military will tell him that its not his job to ask credentials of his president, and that he took an oath to follow the orders of the president.

If he follows through with his dissent, it will result in a court martial and possibly jail time.

Even if you doubt his eligibility for presidency, He still currently holds the position, and thus, still is the president.

+44 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I know when I get a job I have to meet the requirements: drug test, no criminal background, proof of citizenship. If it turns out later I lied on my application, even if I'm already working, immediate termination is the result.

That's pretty standard across the country. There's not one law for the little guy and a different law for the big guy. Obama could solve a lot of this doubt by just SHOWING HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
This is beyond unbelievable...

Since when soldiers have rights to question orders ???

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hey man whyh is everbody hatin on Obama just cuz he won the election, GET OVER IT! McSame lost and Obama won and he born in the US. So peace.

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They're not just soldiers; they're thinking human beings and American citizens. They have a right to know that the person ordering them into a gunfight IS someone whose orders they're not supposed to question.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
since never. If eveyrone goes around questioning orders, wars will be uncontrolled chaos. People like this not only endager themselves, but everyone that they fight with, and everything that they are supposed to be fighting for. as far as i'm concerned, this is prettty much treason, and they should be tried as such.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If the so-called commander in chief doesn't follow the rules how can he reasonably expect the soldiers to follow them? Let Obama show that he's eligible to be commander in chief then if soldiers don't follow his orders they are subject to punishment.

What's good for the goose and all that.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewaveThere's not one law for the little guy and a different law for the big guy.

What, really? I think that is exactly what there is. Even if it he's not eligible, which I don't believe, I don't think he would have to resign.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Sooooo, do you honestly believe that Obama's background was never ever checked by authorities like NSA, FBI and CIA, Republican Party, Democratic Party and all others who have much greater access to his personal data then you ever will ?

"Obama Nation" is just a book, nothing more

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit85
If eveyrone goes around questioning orders, wars will be uncontrolled chaos.

Oh.... so you prefer the "controlled" chaos like at My Lai and uncounted other massacres? Or wiring prisoners testicles to a a crank field telephone? Or hanging prisoners upside down during interrogation? Or putting plastic bags over their head?

Or maybe you prefer the controlled chaos in Iraq? You know what I mean -- all those Iraqi detainees that were TORTURED to DEATH:

action.aclu.org...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

I think that the Republican and the Democratic parties only differ in name. The game remains the same; only the players change.

The FBI, et al have been so forthcoming on issues like 911 that I think we can all rest assured that they have the American peoples' best interests at heart.

Btw, I've never read Obama Nation.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Id rather see controlled torture than hundreds of thousands of rogue soldiers armed to the teeth following noone's lead, yes.

As for Obama's eligibility... he is the COMMANDER IN CHIEF, whether or not he is or was eligible, that is his current position and rank, therefore any orders he chooses to give, are followed. period.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

So, how exactly is your own proof of citizenship better then Obama's ?

Are you implying that my proof of citizenship is actually a joke depending on what kind of job I apply for ?

sty

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Eastern Europe here: my question - what in the world has the president to do with the armed forces? the president shoud NOT have military power, in the end he has no PHD in military studies. Competence should give this position! My opinion ; this sould not be the job of the president, american or not!

+22 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If there was nothing fishy, Obama would have published his birth certificate to clear everything up. The failure of Obama to provide a birth certificate indicates that Obama thinks there is a problem with it.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR (OR AFFIRM) THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC; THAT I WILL BEAR TRUE FAITH AND ALLEGIANCE TO THE SAME; AND THAT I WILL OBEY THE ORDERS OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE ORDERS OF THE OFFICERS APPOINTED OVER ME, ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS AND THE UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. SO HELP ME GOD.

There's a reason why whats bolded is 1st and formost. Because without that all the rest is meaningless. A POTUS who gives a order who didn't meet the requirments to be the POTUS in the first place isn't a order per the COTUS.

I think it's a simple request that Obama(and any POTUS) be required to show one(or all three) of the requirments to the people he serves if requested. Especially being it's such a simple request.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Tyr Sog]

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Not this again...

Obama, or anyone else for that matter, isn't required to show his "vault copy" to anyone.

A birth certificate is based on the information that is in the State's vital records. You cannot have certain information on your birth certificate that is different from what is in your vital records.

Hence the word certificate - the State certifies that what's in the birth certificate matches what's in its vital records.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
That's pretty standard across the country. There's not one law for the little guy and a different law for the big guy. Obama could solve a lot of this doubt by just SHOWING HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE!

Yes sir, some people tend to forget about a little thing called RULE OF LAW, but remember folks this doesn't apply to the Messiah.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by C0le]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join