It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stood up on date I think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I've got a new question for you BTS since you were so much help with my last one. Ok I was supposed to go on a date last night (same girl I mentioned in another thread I made on BTS..just search the profile) so she is the one that asked me out fyi. She calls me yesterday afternoon about 1 pm and tells me she's sick. Is that a way of getting out of dates when you aren't interested??

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wethesheeple

Ah sorry man. Could be MANY reasons.

Maybe she's too tired, or not in the mood. Maybe she really is sick. I hate it when I call someone and tell them I'm sick, I can tell they think I'm making excuses when I'm not haha.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That's one way. But if you remain in the dating game long enough; you will hear them all. And you will probably be making up some excuses of your own along the way.

Call the young lady up today and ask her how she is feeling and if she is up for a nite of drinking, dancing and just general hell raising. If she says no.....

Operation plan B

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

lol plan B will for sure be in effect. Doesn't bother me too much just asking what other peoples views are excuse commonly used or actually sick? I dunno

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

My brother, just feel fortunate that you are even dating at all.

I live with a woman that thinks a date is going to the post office to get the mail and stopping off at the 7/11 for a 40 of bulldog and some slimjims.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

oh thats not a date? lol

Dude I have heard you play the guitar/bass play that for a bit and she'll be more than happy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If I understand you right, she set the date, then broke it saying she's sick...

Might be a good idea to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe her...at least the first time or two...

Maybe ask if there's anything you can pick up and bring over for her (some soup...medicine, etc.)? It will show you care at any rate... Don't insist though, if she says no...then maybe it isn't that kind of sick...could be all kinds of things...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

yeah.... I appreciate the reply. I have a hard time trusting the opposite sex. Thats kind of what everyones telling me to give her the benefit of the doubt... Everything in me just wants me to ignore her

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
She might have had a new pimple she didn't want anyone to see. Maybe she was sick. Perhaps she was "ill" in the way that all women are from month to month and didn't feel like going out. There's really no way to know.

Gazrock had the best advice on this. Send her a note or something to help her while she's sick. You'll be appreciated no matter what if you're just nice. Even if she does't go out with you she'll still tell her friends how nice you were.

Women are strange and curious creatures. I think that's why we love them so much.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Yeah.. I will send her a message or something in a little bit. And yes Strange creatures indeed. Here's a message I got from her last night. "I'm so sorry..I don't think it's a good idea that I leave the house. I'm really sick." sounds like baloney to me!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Wethesheeple]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
She is either REALLY sick (and all the above advice about offering to bring her soup or call to see if she is feeling better is great advice) or she changed her mind about you. Remembering back to my dating days .... unless I was on death's door I would do just about anything to be with a guy I was crazy about. May sound a bit desperate but if 'us girls' really like a guy we love to be around him.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MsFab

I appreciate the feedback. Its not an issue anymore. I decided just to ignore it

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just hope you didn't miss an opportunity....

The flu's goin' around here in the US... Personally, when I'm sick, I just want to curl up on the couch, flip on a video game, and down a lot of G2...going out would be the last thing on my mind....

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So she sent you a text message instead of calling you? That says a lot right there. If she doesn't even have the courtesy to at least call, then I assume her "I'm sick" excuse is more than likely a lie.

Whatever it doesn't matter. Next her. It's her loss not yours.

There's a million other women out there. Just keep working on your game and the percentage of dates that flake on you will drop.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So she sent you a text message instead of calling you? That says a lot right there. If she doesn't even have the courtesy to at least call, then I assume her "I'm sick" excuse is more than likely a lie.

Or part of the sickness is a sore throat...
She made the date initially, so why cancel? Then again, sometimes you gals can be fickle, hehe....

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Texting is a new generation sort of thing. I'm 25 and most of my peers will text rather than call. I prefer to call, as do some of my friends. For a longer conversation than "keen for pub tonight?" then calling is really much easier.

The young ones don't think this though.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I guess you really never know. Go with your instincts.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
She calls me yesterday afternoon about 1 pm and tells me she's sick.

Originally posted by Wethesheeple
Is that a way of getting out of dates when you aren't interested??

Which thought serves you better?

new topics

top topics

join