It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA and the Greenhouse Gas Monitoring Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
NASA's new satellite...OCO..."Orbiting Carbon Observatory, designed to monitor, inventory, and map greenhouse gases crashed last night 3 minutes after launch.

NASA satellite crashes minutes after launch

From CNN
Direct From NASA

The fairing covering the orbital payload failed to separate. The additional weight of the fairing meant the rocket did not have enough energy to acheive orbit.

I smell a conspiracy...someone did not want that satellite in orbit.

Who was it? The fearmongers or the deniers?

[edit on 2/24/2009 by darkbluesky]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
woooah there! although a conspiracy IS a definite possibility here, accidents do happen, and when it comes to getting things into orbit, its no easy task. If someone really didn't want this mission to go ahead could they have not just had the mission cancelled months or years ago to avoid the news story?

Climate change is a touchy subject about which people are passionate, and rightly so... this thread is going to get very interesting me thinks.

Awesome avatar by the way, one of the coolest photos I've ever seen!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Chonx]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
These things happen all the time. Think conspiracy after the third one fails to make orbit or a rogue satellite turns it into vapor.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Of course this could be just an accident, and we'll probably never see any hard evidence suggesting otherwise, but I'll be the first to admit that this story made my "conspiracy sense" tingle wildly.

I, for one, am fairly convinced of two things:

1: That this satellite would have produced data that would have cast even more doubt on the theory that the warming we have experienced (past tense!) was caused by manmade co2.

2: That there are a lot of people who, for whatever reasons - money, power control etc, have spent a lot of resources promoting co2 as the "climate bad guy." It would obviously not be in their interest to have this mission succeed.

Star & flag from me

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

convenient solutions, if a bit spectacular.

new topics

top topics

join