It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone seen this video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2002 @ 02:28 AM
link   
find several versions, long 5 minutes and short here :

www.ufomag.co.uk...

they play off the site in rm format.
worth a watch and you decide..!

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Was it the first live footage from the shuttle? I think it was.. thats why we got to see it "live footage" NASA was like DOH!

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 11:49 AM
link   
" Stargazer ", the name of the first Captain Picard Spaceship....

jra

posted on Oct, 31 2002 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i agree with Ultra_phoenix. i don't think NASA would have just put that footage out for public viewing if it had "missles and alien ships" in it.

it could easily be lots of tiny ice particles from the thrusters as some have said. it seems like the most logical explination. as for the earth not moving in the background from the course change? well the earth is really big and they are a fair distance from it. any little course change would go unnoticable or at least be very subtle.

[Edited on 1-11-2002 by jra]

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The first time I saw this footage was on a programme shown on Sky.

The footage wasn't released by NASA but by someone who had been following the mission with his own equipment. (picking up the transmissions from the shuttle)

NASA said it was ice particles deflected when a thruster was fired. As has already been pointed out, thrusters are used to move the shuttle, but in this footage, the shuttle does not change attitude, only the 'objects'. This suggests that it was not a thruster deflecting ice particles or debris, so what then, was the object? What were the other objects that caused it to change direction?

posted on Nov, 3 2002 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The footage wasn't released by NASA but by someone who had been following the mission with his own equipment. (picking up the transmissions from the shuttle)?????

Yeah my grandmother in her back yard! This is the kind of drivel that ignorant believers in UFO's believe. No proof, no statistics just, a friend of my dead cousins late aunt told me.

This is NASA footage, and just before the pieces of ICE move you can see the flash of the thruster. By the way thrusters dont spin the shuttle like a top they are used to stabilize it with small bursts. And there is no frame of reference to see movement against. You won't see 1 inch of shuttle movement against an earth 150 miles away.
It is sooo funny when the slightest flaw or blur or spec of light on a film is interpreted as a highly advanced space craft piloted by super intelligent beings.

Sure there is probably life elsewhere maybe even intelligent life, but dozens of different civilizations are NOT visiting earth (not even 1).

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 04:29 AM
link   
GetReal:

I would try to do a serious study into ancient mythology. When you do, try not to think of it as myth. Instead, look at it as a serious account of a people's history written as it happened or retold many years after an event...

Sumerians
Egyptains
Dogon
Ancient technology
Raman empire

Just a few things to start you off...

Notice the similarities in nearly every ancient culture. Now research those similarities.... You won't believe a thing until you, yourself want's to believe....

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The the last thing I want to do is spend my time studying MYTHOLOGY. I think I have better explanations than lightning comes from Thor's hammer,and thunder comes from the God's clapping (or are those stupid Myths as opposed to the REAL ones),or the sun orbits the earth. People have stupid beliefs of things completely explained today, so think about what their weird explanations were when they knew nothing of chemistry, physics, biology etc.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:46 AM
link   
"I think I have better explanations than lightning comes from Thor's hammer,and thunder comes from the God's clapping"

do you? or do you simply subscribe unquestioningly to the paradigms of reductionist science?

we can put a man on the moon, but we still don't know wether light is a particle, a wave or somthing in between.

Our telescopes have explored light years into the future of the universe but our most advanced submarines have can only explore the top 10th of the deapths of our oceans.

The chances that current science has any more understanding of how this planet, let alone this universe, works than the primatives who thought the world rested on the back of a giant turtle are a million to one.

we've come a long way and we're advancing all the time, but for all intents and purposes, we may as well believe that lightning comes from thors hammer, our current explanation will almost certainly be proved equally ludicrous given time.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well I guess in your view we always don't know. We just have to wait until we are smart enough to know, which at that time how do we know we won't find a better explanation next year?? I am glad "my idea of science" doesn't work like that.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:11 AM
link   
"Well I guess in your view we always don't know. We just have to wait until we are smart enough to know, which at that time how do we know we won't find a better explanation next year?? I am glad "my idea of science" doesn't work like that."

Did you know that Thomas Edison Knew that one of the components that made his light bulb work was a thin strip of lead he placed within the bulb. He was utterly convinced and for that matter convinced the scientific community that without the ionising effect the lead had on the vacume, the bulb wouldn't work. for three years his prototypes all contained a thin strip of lead until one day somone took it out and said "HEY! THOMAS LOOK!!!! no lead and it still works!"

I'm not sure if Swans lightbulb also contained a small strip of lead but thats not the point.

my point is that Accepted Scientific theories are still theories, and yes, we will probably never know the complete and utter truth of a thing, information being infinite and all that.

Of course we cant wonder around doubting basic principals such as gravity, what we can do however is admit that our knowledge is simply the sum of very clever, but still very fallable, humans.

just as was the knowledge that lightning came from thors hammer, and, as such, we should be carefull not go wandering unquestioningly into the dark with only opinions and speculation to guide us.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Of course we cant wonder around doubting basic principals such as gravity, what we can do however is admit that our knowledge is simply the sum of very clever, but still very fallable, humans.

How do you know?? Don't you know gravity acts very differently in black holes.
Experiments can supposedly slow down the speed of light, however these effects occur in environments where humans can never survive or man made artificial environments.

But hard cases make bad laws. You can always find the .00001% anomaly but that doesn't discredit the 99.99999 % rule.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm fully aware that most things potray anomalies and I agree that a small glitch doesn't invalidate an entire principal, but sometimes, well, it does.

If you pick up this months new scientist theres a very interesting article on "element 0"

a new element some scientists are tentatively suggesting they may have discovered that has no something or others and too many thingamyjigs (I'm not a chemist check the article if you want names)

If they successfully isolate this element again, the periodic table is a bit fuc*ed.
Our understanding of how elements are put together will have to be completely re-thought.

Now if somthing as fundemental to science as the periodic table can be demonstrated to have an ongoing flaw since its conception, do you think maybe this suggests Thors hammer isn't all that ridiculously innacurate?

to think of it another way, science is really nothing more than the quest to define the supernatural. however, does that make a ghost any easier for you to define, knowing now, that it is called "a ghost"

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm dissapointed, no link

Anyway If they discover this "element 0" it won't miraculously invalidate the periodic table (I do have a degree in chemistry). Oxygen will still combine with Hydrogen to form H2O, the way it always did. maybe they might add an appendix (if this is really something valid) but that doesn't mean you scrap our current knowledge.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 10:10 AM
link   
you can check out new scientist on the web but like most academic journals, it doesn't put its lead storys on the open access site until a few issues have passed, you can pick up a physical copy though, it was an interesting read, theres also a nice bit on whatsisface er.....Chad, the fossil they've found in Chad that may or may not be one of the missing links.

I don't have the article here and as such I can't go into much detail, but as I said, the main problem with this element seemed to be that it invalidated our concept of the number of protons necessary to create matter (or somthing, seriously check the article, I am NOT a chemist)

The group responsible buried the findings in a lesser journal because they were scared of ridicule (another common reason people with information somtimes don't publish) But now its out, it seems to have the scince bods a little jittery because, whilst oxygen will still bond wwith hydrogen, its discovery calls into question what we thought Hydrogen and oxygen are, how they are created and why they exist.

If your here tomorrow I'll dig up the article and send you more info.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm not talking about looking into what they thought was what, but looking into what they wrote about THIER history. As it happened. In THIER words. See what they wrote about how they obtained thier knowledge and such....

For once...Forget what you've been tought in school and look at things with a fresh open mind. Don't be so dismissive of what other's say. Sometimes, some people may know something you don't, only because they had an open mind and actually took the time to look into certain things....

You'd actually be surprised as to how advanced human civlization used to be in the past....if you took the time out of debunking to look into it.... I refuse to spoon feed you links and proof... Your a skeptic and will remain so until you want to believe and look into things yourself...

Why should I waste MY time from learning new and amazing things, posting links and such when all your gonna do is be closed minded and ridicule whatever I post? Sorry to say, but MY time is much more precious than that... I have a desire to learn, not defend myself against someone who lacks that same desire....

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Science is based on data. That's its main limit. Do we have all the data to draw the right conclusion?

For instance, in paleo-anthropology, theories that prevailed a few years ago may have been completely wrong in the light of new fossils uncovered recently.

Some things may really exist, but we may miss them completly because they leave no trace or almost. ESP or UFOs may be examples of that.

That's why we should be careful not to dismiss anomalies and keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do a search on ancient india....

You should easily find info about a myth that tells of an ancient air battle that used weapons that sound very similar, if not, exactley like atomic bombs....

Search more and you'll find that the area described in the myth is more radioactive than normal....

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesG
Why should I waste MY time from learning new and amazing things, posting links and such when all your gonna do is be closed minded and ridicule whatever I post? Sorry to say, but MY time is much more precious than that... I have a desire to learn, not defend myself against someone who lacks that same desire....

Damn, James, you're right...
All those links I post... Most of them for nothing...

posted on Nov, 5 2002 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Cheer up Bandit...If any of these accumulated posts had anything to do with opening his eyes, even a little bit, wider, then you've just helped usher a blind man into a larger world.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join