It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1999 COMETA REPORT - The French UFO Connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I am writing this thread to show people that UFOS are indeed a significant importance to our governments and to ask people to stop writing threads demanding proof and pictures and look that little further into the rabbit hole.

COMETA
wiki

COMETA was a high-level French UFO study organisation from the late 1990s, composed of high-ranking officers and officials, some having held command posts in the armed forces and aerospace industry. The name "COMETA" in English stands for "Committee for in-depth studies." The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of mostly former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defence, or IHEDN, a high-level French military think-tank, and by various other experts.

The report:
This ninety-page report is the result of an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense.

COMETA report part1

COMETA report part2

July 16, 1999 an important document was published in France entitled "UFOs and Defense: What must we be prepared for?" ("Les Ovni Et La Défense: A quoi doit-on se préparer?"). This ninety-page report was the result of an in-depth study of UFOs, covering many aspects of the subject, especially questions of national defense. The study was carried out over several years by an independent group of former "auditors" at the Institute of Advanced Studies for National Defense, or IHEDN, and by qualified experts from various fields. Before its public release, it was sent to French President Jacques Chirac and to Prime Minister Lionel Jospin.

Again I know this is old news but as I have been studying this report and I want to bring the following pieces of information to light. It holds relevance to the threads that are turning up on this site that try to totally dismiss UFOS as earthly and identifiable.

In Part one of the report you have the facts and testimonies of multiple witnesses ranging from people on the gound to pilots in the sky.

Part two of the report is all about the knowledge base of what these sightings could possibly be

Part 3 of the report is about strategies to take when dealing with so called Extaterrestrials and trying to understand them in detail in summary:

In its final recommendations, COMETA stresses again the need to:

* Inform all decision-makers and persons in positions of responsibility.
* Reinforce means of investigation and study at SEPRA.
* Consider whether UFO detection been taken into account by agencies engaged in surveillance of space.
* Create a strategic committee at the highest state level.
* Undertake diplomatic action with the Unites States for cooperation on this most important question.
* Study measures which might be necessary in case of emergencies.

As there is so much information in this report to take in I will leave it with you.

Please note this thread when reading others that try to dismiss Extraterrestrial and UFO'S as mere poppycock!

Please spend time reading the last part of this report to get a greater understanding of where our governments are now, in the grand scheme of things. Pay special attention to references

Establishing official peaceful contact
Informing personel
Course of action to take
Encouraging thought in order to place the phenomena in a gloabl
context
Political and Religious implications
Media implications

MOST IMPORTANTLY please read page 72 note how the USA is mentioned in line 5.

I believe that this report and others like it have scupltured the way to disclosure and that is what is happening this very moment in our lives. I believe that we are being conditioned (especially the children) in to understanding that there may be something else out there.

Please read the whole report and comment accordingly.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by franspeakfree]

new topics

join