It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DA: Blanket is evidence Pa. boy planned to kill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

DA: Blanket is evidence Pa. boy planned to kill

news.yahoo.com

PITTSBURGH – An 11-year-old boy apparently covered his shotgun with a blanket to keep it hidden when he left his bedroom, went downstairs and fatally shot his father's pregnant girlfriend in the head as she slept, a prosecutor said Monday.

The blue blanket, which has a quarter-sized hole that appeared to be singed from a shotgun blast, supports a claim that the crime was premeditated, Lawrence County District Attorney John Bongivengo said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I heard about this last night nd am suprised i didn't find it on here already.
So we have an 11 year old boy, received a shotgun for xmas, used it to kill his fathers pregnant girlfriend who he hates

One, the gun should have been locked up, so before the anti gun nuts come in here and start using this as ammo(pun intended) tot ake away rights, remember, it was crappy parenting.

Two, what caused this kid to decidet o off his sorta stepmom? Was he neglected? was he abused? Either way, they are trying him as an ault and seeking the dath penalty.

Personally, I think he should get the death penalty. Yes he is a child,but he knew what would happen when he shot that woman in the head. Same thing as if he was 5 years older and did the same thing, maybe this will send a messaeg to our youth that seems to think vioence solves everything.

Your thoughts?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
According to the news report, the child premeditated the crime by threatening the girlfriend and her child weeks earlier. and that he covered the gun in blanket means that he intended to do something with it.
My question is should the father be charged as well?
He supplied the weapon and left it in a position where the child could get it instead of being in a locked gun cabinet.
And what drives a child to shoot someone anyway, even hatiing someone you live with can't be that bad that you have to kill them, you just avoid them as much as possible, you make their lives difficult you don't kill them.
And for the defense lawyer saying the evidence is insuffiencient that a shot at the back of the head can kill.
Has the lawyer ever seen shotgun evidence before? I have and its enough to take the head clean off.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

I hope the kid dies in prison and rots in hell. The woman was 8 months pregnant, which means the baby could felel and hear. It probably heard the blast, hear it's mother's womb stop and heard her heartbeat stop - then it died from lack of oxygen.

I have a son due in April. My first. This story makes me sick to my stomach.

I wish I could take my M16A2 and shoot this kid myself.

Worthless sack of crap.

Even if the dad's girlfriend was "mean" to him or whatever - what right does he have to take that out on the unborn child? I hope this little demon goes back to hell.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by mf_luder]

[edit on 24-2-2009 by mf_luder]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916
Either way, they are trying him as an ault and seeking the dath penalty.

Um, no they aren't.. There would be a pretty big fuss if any American court tried seeking the death penalty on an 11 year old.

"If this person were 18, we'd be looking at pursuing the death penalty," Bongivengo said.

Originally posted by DataWraith
And for the defense lawyer saying the evidence is insuffiencient that a shot at the back of the head can kill.
Has the lawyer ever seen shotgun evidence before? I have and its enough to take the head clean off.

Lawyer never said that.. he said this:

Elisco didn't return calls for comment Monday. He has said the boy hasn't confessed to the shooting and he doubts the physical evidence will support police's claim that the boy killed Houk with one shot to the back of her head.

He's just saying that there is insufficient evidence to prove the boy did it, which is most likely bullcrap, but he is a lawyer...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Definetly a case of poor parenting. In addition to the fact that the gun should have been locked up, what ever happened to teaching children about respect for life, morals, etc.
The most important thing my mother taught me was that the absolute worst thing you can ever ever do is murder someone.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Oh that makes me sick. If anyone checks out the news article, you will see a photo of the woman and her two small daughters.

The boy shot her then just went out and caught the bus to school like it was a typical day. Then it stated he made threats against the woman and her daughters before the shooting.

The article doesn't mention abuse or any ill treatment by the woman. It mentioned the boy was possibly jealous of her, her daughters, and presumably the new baby.

Just disgusting. I feel bad for the woman, her two daughters (where do they go now?), the baby, and even the father. But I feel nothing but anger towards the little boy. What a selfish, demented little psycho.

[edit on 2/24/2009 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

join