It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who we are, why we are here the whole answer, the truth and it is not 42

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Cogito, ergo sum, I think, therefore I am. The simple meaning of the phrase is that if someone is wondering whether or not he exists, that is in and of itself proof that he does exist (because, at the very least, there is an "I" who is doing the thinking).
link

I think all of us have wondered this. I mean, there are times I wonder if I was even adopted! But, the truth of the matter is, if you can read this..you are here, and you are part of this matrix, called LIFE.

Sometimes I even think it would be easier NOT to have been born. Or, I could just sleep for years, it gets so complicated thinking about all these questions! I do know, that there is truth in the statement, life is what you make it. It's more about how you PERCIEVE it.
So, I try to always have a good outlook on things, even being a member here! And you know how hard that is.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It is my belief that we ARE one of countless products of evolution, HERE to survive and evolve. Finding out where it all began, and how, will probably tell us much more about WHY.

One thing I do know. The fact that we have "intelligence", that gives us the ablility to ask questions as complex as yours, doesn't mean we serve a higher purpose, or that we are more important then a single cell organism for instance.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hello XXXNO,
Where to start? Where better than the beginning! Alpha, Omega, God! That about sums it up!
I suppose there’s nothing wrong with asking questions about life’s purpose, goals etc, it seems everyone goes through that or should I say continually goes through that? I just wonder why you reach conclusions. We can speculate of course, that seems to be our nature but in truth we can only have opinions or ideas about such things.
The tiger may have teeth and there may be a reason for them but it doesn’t necessarily follow that there has to be reason for the tiger existing. Is the tiger here to experience tigerness? Is the tiger here to be every tiger that ever was or will be at the point of death? If we follow your logic then at the start of the human race, wait a minute where do we actually start? Where does the human race start?
Are you saying that life is here to experience life? From the first single cell, all throughout time, including every form of life from Alpha to Omega will at the point of death experience the totality of it all?
All this sounds attractive but it seems that we humans appear to have a need for life to have a reason or a goal. Can we not live with the idea that we have no purpose? Perhaps logic should tell us there is no beginning and end, no Alpha and Omega and therefore no goal to achieve, that life just is.
Love and peace

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i think your a little to finite in your thinking about the infinite. I understand what your conveyances are, i just dont think i can agree, I look at nature, and I read a different story. Experience here is meaningless. I think we are here to serve a function for the universe at some time or times. I agree we should have experiences. But experience itself becomes just a moment in time, hence memory. SO frankly I think your right, but theres more to it like meaninglessness. I cant buy the whole evil is just part of life argument, people choose things for themselves out of there own frustratingly stupid stupidity.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

I am not saying that this is set in stone and I know the complete answer. I have not said that in this thread. The title might imply but my original post explains that.

I can see where you are coming from but I tend to disagree, I think that there is a point to life. If there truly is no point in life at all then nothing at all would make sense.

I am suggesting that god if you like, is a paradox. The cause of life and ultimately the sum of all our experiences from life.

If there was no beginning there could be no end just like there could be no end without a beginning.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I! think I prefer freedom from the idea of goals and purposes but
I do see where you are coming from and respect your ideas and opinions!
Love and peace

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

Likewise.

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
See Nondualism, Union w/ God, Ego death, merging with the absolute.

All of this matters not. We are experiencing separatism away from God, and return we shall.

Heaven and hell? Yeah why not ...only seems right as part of duality.

Still behind it all is the Origin/Originator. We are all evolving towards a spiritual reality.

When Spirituality and Science combine ..then we will have the biggest breakthroughs in the history of science and spirituality.

Even quantum Physics proves nondualism. Bose/Einstein condensate, when as close to absolute zero as scientists can get, atoms turn into waves and all of them become one and act as one.

Zero is the theory of everything. Zero is absolute, origin, source. When you get done with your mask wearing life, ego games, and start to search within, beyond yourself, and when you find the lowest common denominator of who you are ....then you find zero, and you become 1 with zero.

Jesus made it easy ....you make Love number 1 and only focus on Love so much so that it destroys ego, habits, thought patterns, and become one'd with Love and only know Love ...bringing one back to zero, back to source.

Most wont get this ....I just recently started breaking through these onenesses. Still perhaps it will reach the right one ...pun intended

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Your question on life got me thinking about something I wrote 9 years ago, a metaphor for the meaning of life:

March 2000
She was a scientist and her focus was on her work. Morning, noon, night, all she ever thought about or concentrated on was her work. The other things in life were taken care of in the moments between the times she was working. These other things were swept up, and dumped, carelessly or not. Her concern was not for the people around her, nor for her house (not a house proud person), and it was not for any material possession she had. She did not collect any objects, except for the samples her data required.
This woman focussed herself on her work, it is the only thing she thought about in regards to anything important, and it was the only thing she worried about. Seasons came and went, the world changed outside of her laboratory and her workshops, her lectures, her tutorials, her experiments, and so forth.
Slowly over a few months, her neighbour, Ted got to know her better and he became the closest friend she ever had in her life. One evening as he was talking to her, he asked her, "What makes you want to work all the time?" he asked.
Slowly dragging her attention to the man on the sofa who had pulled her focus away from her work and interrupted…
What made her want to ?
She thought about it. Her work wasn’t fun, in fact it was quite demanding and very draining. She didn’t do it for the money, as there was little rewards in the area. She didn’t do it for notoriety, hardly likely to make her famous. She didn’t want to do it all. And the revelation took her by force.

She had allowed the details, in fact one detail, to take precedence in her life above all others. And as she sat there thinking to herself on life, and especially her own life, she realised that she didn’t want that to take her focus. That the work she was doing was not important in the ultimate big picture of life and that her time might be better spent elsewhere. But where? She had no other skills or speciality to offer to the rest of humanity, and nothing that would make an impact one way or the other…. so why bother changing her life? She wasn’t harming anyone? Or was she?
Looking at the man on her sofa, watching her think about his question she was struck suddenly by the notion that she still had no answer for him. She didn’t want to do what she was doing, she was stuck in her habit and it made her feel useful to do her work and be paid for it. That was it’s only reward.
In one small moment in life she looked at herself, a lonely person plodding her way through life, not accomplishing more than her job requirements.
In that one moment she altered her entire way of thinking and realised that what she had been missing was a focus on LIFE.

To focus all of your attention on the material things before us is a great distraction. To be the best at what you know you can do, is to fall far short of your goal, and that goal is to learn, achieve, grow, and most importantly LIVE. To explore yourself, what you can do, and not do, to shake yourself out of any rut you find you have. To stand and spread your arms wide and throw your head back to feel the wind rush through your hair, and the sun warm your face, the rain to pelt your arms and soak your clothes. Experience is the key to LIFE.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So the mods know i was posted this link in my illusions seeing behind the mask of reality by the OP and said i would have a look and give my view point this is why an old thread was resurrected.

Originally posted by XXXN3O
What is the purpose of life or why are we here?

We are here to create infinite possibility from finite experiences.
That is why we have seperate lives and no two lives are the same and for that reason the above can be worked out.

A question that can be interpreted very differently to each person depending on what they think or believe, thinking outside the norm of things, i believe that we are like an energy that expands and grows as time goes on as in everything all energy's have a life span and when it extinguishes (body death) we join a greater energy, get recycled and are recreated in another shell or existence, we are all here for the bigger picture and without one the larger energy would not survive, we are each other, interconnected in a way, we all have our roles to play out and when we accomplish the goal set out for us we will ascend to a higher sence of being

(sounds a bit contradictory reading it back to myself but i hope you get the gist of hat i men?

What is the goal of life or the human race?

to expand and learn and evolve ourselfs to a higher state of mind.

Why is the world so bad?

I belive that everything has a purpose and a role, and things/senarios good and bad are extended to us to learn from and open our eyes to what is out there.

Who am I?

i am the water that runs in the ocean, i am the air that we breath, i am you. That sounds a bit like i am a little bit loony

But my point being that in a way we are all connected together be it in this reality or another, most just cant see the binds that hold us, we all work in conjunction with earth, air,fire and water without one there can be no other.

(i promise am not a loony :lol

Hope some people can understand and if not id appreciate a question or feel free to add anything etc.

I do understand were your view point comes from, we are all at a different level of understanding of the worlds around us and interpreted things very differently does this make us unique? perhaps, perhaps not maybe this is just the way we are programmed to be, and every so often a single energy goes against the norm and achieves something so many people seems to seek .... the truth.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mesdoline
nice post

I understand all that you have said and agree with it...but...i think since we are human we can only think in a human way. There is a lot that we just can't understand yet, when we evolve into some more intelligent being then we will begin to see ultimate reality and have more answers.

If we live in a non-local holographic universe, then because we are the most recient of the sentients when you consider the vast time spans involved, then all indication is that the human being is the most advanced and therefore at some level, the most intelligent being in the universe. This is what I've coined as evolutionary non-locality ie: the whole universe as an open system.

So it's un the realm of concievable, that we will be the first to fully "grok" it, in an experiencial way, we who were made in the image of God by universal intelligent design, to contain nothing less than the living God itself/him-herself.

So to throw it off and say we're not ready or not worthy to get to this new place of knowing and being, is a cop out, and a total waste of infinitely intelligent evolutionary energy.

No, it IS a worthy and a worthwhile pursuit imho, and at the end of our searching we shall arive at the place where we first started and know it as if for the first time.

And I think we're getting closer by the day, by the hour, by the minute and by the eternally unfolding present moment of now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join