It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we need a spiritual leader for 2012 and beyond?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I was speaking with a friend last night about spiritual awakening, I explained how spiritual awakening was from within, an intuition and a knowing of the self amougst other things. She stated that spiritual awakening would only occur on mass if there was a spiritual leader to lead us into 2012 and beyond.

I understood that we as humans need guidence and having a master/teacher of spirituality would be good but a leader for all humans to follow a movement into asension with could be a bad idea, people are easily lead and surely every individual needs to find their own spiritual path at the time that their higher self has chosen to choose.

If there was a leader surely then there would be to much of a definded way of being spiritual, laws and rules of doing things correctly, not just allowing flow and natural evolution of awakening to occur. Pressure on people to awaken, a pedestal for those who are at the top and a new formation of a pyrmid system that would result in a segregation of our society.

I was wonder what your ideas on this question were?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
We do not need "A" leader, we need many leaders. With a single leader people tend to put them on a pedestal and miss the true teachings. With many leaders it is similar to being at college where there are many tutors, mentors and professors. You don't usually put these people on a pedestal, but you do respect them, and thus learn from them.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
You dont need a leader, look for the leader in yourself..

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

I agree. History has shown that the majority of leaders choosen to lead only watch for themselves and their selective few..and the ones who put them there end up suffering or paying for their free rides.

It is better to lead yourself to your destiny than to have someone else dictate to you how far you can go.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think a leader would be awful and would ruin it all. If there was a leader, people will end up "worshiping" him (quoted the word because i see that quite a few people have been doing this with Obama, which scares the crap out of me). This is exactly what happend with Jesus (im not christian by the by, its juts an example), he was supposedly a spirtual leader to the people and help them become more spiritualy aware, and what did we do??? Kill and create war in his name, and celebrate his re-encarnation by telling our kids a giant bunny rabbit lay chocolate eggs everywere (bill hicks r.i.p)

I dont believe we realy do need anything, but if there was to be anything, insperational people is the only thing that comes to my mind. Could be anyone, a friend, family member, piece of art, doesnt necesserily need to be someone in the limelight and on TV, but what ever inspires you as a person. Because we are all different, having one leader would never work.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Good call.

I was going to go for a 1 line/1 word post ..."Yourself"

But.... you beat me to it..

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Stop with the leaders already. No spiritual leader for me. I'm my own spiritual leader. We got into this mess by following leaders, let's get out of it by Pure Cooporation, egoless consent so to speak. We could accept temporary leaders for projects or something, or people that give spiritual guidance for the interested but no leader that has to be followed. This does not have to be ensured anarchy by the way, we just have to realize that we could be truly free when we accept each other's freedom. No Dogma, no strong leaders, no blind followers and no forcing people into things.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
A spiritualized and centralized leader would only be more of what's been keeping us face down in the mud for the last hundreds of years.

And who's to say it wouldn't be just another NWO figurehead?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
And we would need this guy in 2012 particularly because ...?
Lemme guess! Because the mayan calender ends!!

In that case i have a much more pressing problem for you: The gregorian calender .... better sit down before you read on ... ends on 31.12.2009! Seriously! I have searched high and low and no record of a 32. of december exist *anywhere*! Not to mention that last time this happened people got horribly drunk and threw bombs and fired rockets (ok, very small ones, but still)!
Then they switched from 2008 to 2009 and the chaos ended, but thats only a temporary solution.

Anyhow: people like to form groups, and like to have likeminded other people in there who share their worldview. Thats ok, we are social animals, can't deny it.
BUT:
a) I dont want my worldview to come with an expiration date, sorry. And if you take this stuff really seriously I can imagine the passing of that expiration date having quite an impact.
b) Quite a big bunch of people dont share your worldview. Explain, try to convince but dont push it on them. Thx.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I agree.. a leader would just make our world the same as it is today. But how to move our way of being, a society that is used to be lead. I know that there are lots of spiritual people out there, doing their own things sometimes coming together in group meetings but how will that make a big enough difference to shift the common persons perception of the world and bring about mass change in how our society functions.

I could see how a spiritual leader at first might beable to step in and challenge the leaders at present but I know that isnt what being spiritual is about. I wonder how a mass movement of awakening will occur on this planet and how the people who do not believe in this awakening are going to change. How the people at the top are going to implement change into our society or whether it is just us as indivuduals that are going to slowly and steadly change the way our society and our fellow human friends live their lives.

So i guess living our lives and watching other people get curious and interested until they have it within themselves to take action and gain the knowledge and wisdom to find it within themselves to take a step to where all us spiritual people want to move forward to. "a more balanced harmonious Earth."

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah, but who gets to pick that spiritual leader?

What faith does he come from?

What is that saying to the other religions - kind of a big middle finger to all the ones that don't get picked.

Sure as heck better not be the Pope. They've caused enough wars already.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

I dont think you understand my post. 2012 is just a marking point in my reference. In the spiritual world this date signifys many different outcomes like many other dates do. For better or for worse. As a spiritual being I like to think that our world one day might change for the better. Mearly saying 2012 and beyond will illustrate that I am suggesting that their is a after point from 2012 just like 2009 follows 2008.

I think its irrelvant to get caught up in the chaos of the so called "event" this only creates a biased outlook and ultimately a segregation in us human beings.

I believe that humans like to be biased many lead by ego and not of understanding and compassion but by being ignornat and unwilling to see the whole picture. This is why I think a leader of spirituality to lead us from now to a point in everyday peoples psyches "2012" and beyond would be a bad idea. To many people out there who simply miss the bigger picture and want challenge rather than unite to simply make the would more harmonious.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Oh, yeah, That is why the creators of the calender made that thing 3000 years ago with 2000 years in the past. (it went back to 3000 BC roughly) Sounds reasonable.

Anyway, still big no on the leader thing.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by Harman]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We have one already, he is the Lord, and his name is Jesus Christ.
Yes, you do need him, as does everyone else. Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxxJClarkxxx
Yeah, but who gets to pick that spiritual leader?

What faith does he come from?

What is that saying to the other religions - kind of a big middle finger to all the ones that don't get picked.

Sure as heck better not be the Pope. They've caused enough wars already.

Spiritual leaders rise out of the ashes. Spiritual leaders come out of the hiding like a flash.

They are not voted in. They will naturally stand out. They will appear like masters of their own creation. Poeple will be drawn to them. It's a gift given to you when you were born.

BTW we need many spiritual leaders now.

THE WORLD NEEDS CHANGE.
We need to let go of material and physical desires of this reality, that actually craete the world proplems today.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No a spiritual leader will simply be more of the same, if 2012 is indead a time of enlightenment no man on Earth could claim to know anything about this proposed "new time of life". A spiritual leader no matter how credible would be extremely phoney. I say if you have faith, stick to it, if you don't hold true to your morals and 2012 will play out the same way no matter what. All spiritual leaders are crocks anyway where has religion gotten us except cornholded 8 ways past sunday.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

And the religious leaders of the world I'm very sure will be very happy to give up all of their power and declare the Vatican a city not a state I'm sure that'll happen.
If anything a leader "rising out of the ashes", as you say, is the reason these people have no credibility and never will. You can follow the guy screaming, "praise JESUS!", I'll follow the guy saying this way to the fallout shelter.

And just one edit, many religious officials are VOTED in.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TNT13]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13
reply to post by universe attracts wisdom

And the religious leaders of the world I'm very sure will be very happy to give up all of their power and declare the Vatican a city not a state I'm sure that'll happen.
If anything a leader "rising out of the ashes", as you say, is the reason these people have no credibility and never will. You can follow the guy screaming, "praise JESUS!", I'll follow the guy saying this way to the fallout shelter.

And just one edit, many religious officials are VOTED in.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Ok.What age you are 12? Did I mention relgion no I didn't stop waffleing and going of one about something that I never mentioned.

Also look up the dictionary of
Religion
Spirituality.

They should be different meanings. God my head hurts of how retarded your post is.

Leader is a person, who can lead people to their way of doing, thinking or being.

Being a leader is relatively simple. God you ramble alot of nonsense.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by universe attracts wisdom]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TNT13
No a spiritual leader will simply be more of the same, if 2012 is indead a time of enlightenment no man on Earth could claim to know anything about this proposed "new time of life". A spiritual leader no matter how credible would be extremely phoney. I say if you have faith, stick to it, if you don't hold true to your morals and 2012 will play out the same way no matter what. All spiritual leaders are crocks anyway where has religion gotten us except cornholded 8 ways past sunday.

What the hell are you on about?

Spiritual leader phoney? These are not facts, these are just your stupid twisted opinions.

Seriously what age are you.

If you actually look at history. You will see many succuessful influential spiritual leaders. Dali lama from Tibet is a spiritual leader. Millions of people look up too.

Try read some history and learn a bit about the world before you state your opinions as fact!!!!!!!!! .. ...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Funny how you said "God my head hurts", I made my point and your clearly more religious then your stating.

Also here is a definition of Spirituality, in a narrow sense, concerns itself with matters of the spirit, a concept closely tied to religious belief and faith, a transcendent reality, or one or more deities. Spiritual matters are thus those matters regarding humankind's ultimate nature and meaning, not only as material biological organisms, but as beings with a unique relationship to that which is perceived to be beyond the bodily senses, time and the material world. Spirituality in this sense implies the mind-body dichotomy, which indicates a separation between the body and soul. But spirituality may also be about the development of the individual's inner life through specific practices.

So I suppose that definition has nothing to do with religion.

Next time look it up, I know it's hard to find things for a 12 year old to read but try.

Ya I'm wearing my ownage pants today.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TNT13]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join