It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activity on the ASX: can someone please explain: Notice of change of interests of Substantial Holder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I put this in this category because i am assuming it may have something to do with it, although this could be nothing.
Has anybody heard of 452 Capital Pty Ltd??
Basically what i have found it:
"452 Capital is an independent fund management company focused on the management of assets invested in the Australian Share market. The company was founded in 2002 by Peter Morgan and Warwick Negus and is based in Sydney, Australia." source
Russel Investments give them a bit of a spin here: Source

The reason i am looking into this company is because i have a relative who works for Pacific Brands, they are a massive company and own a lot of the big brand in clothing. www.pacificbrands.com.au...

He told me today that tomorrow there is going to be a big urgent meeting with managers from Sydney and Melbourne.
So they way things are going at the moment i thought i would check out ASX and see how the share are going and see if there was any share holder news.. and there is.
There is a letter from the General Council & Company Secretary with a "Price Query" dated the 20/02/09 and responded to on the 23/02/09 Source

Then i came across the notice of change of substantial Holder Source which i don't really understand and i am hoping someone can explain to me.

I also done a bit of digging on 452 Capital Pty Ltd and found that they also have "notice of change of substantial Holder" with the name of the substantial holder as "Commonwealth Bank of Australia" for
Metcash Ltd
Westfield Group Staple Securities
Suncorp - Metway Ltd

and all has happened in the last few weeks.

What do you guys thing?? is it anything??

[edit on 24/2/2009 by wycky]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
A couple more:

Macquarie CountryWide Trust

Essential Petroleum Resources Limited

Also note that
Pacific Brands, Macquarie CountryWide Trust, Suncorp Metway were all signed today and they are 3 very large companies

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Now im talking to myslef but thats ok, im good company.

I am coming across lots more i did a google news searched based on this month and searched "notice of change of interests of substantial holder" and have 7 pages o search results google news

then done the same thing but dated it for feb 07 and got 3 pages in my search results but nothing is actually related to notice of change of interests of substantial holder.
Google news Feb 07

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hi Wycky how you going??
Yeah im good, how about you??
yeah good good, I was thinking maybe you should get all your info first then just do 1 post
...... hmm yeah that makes sense but anyway...

I posted this earlier tonight thought they might be connected

Australia shares at 5-year closing low
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Maybe something to do with Australia trading Debt to China for Natural Resources?

China's Wealth Fund Said to Be Planning $3 Billion Investment in Fortescue
www.bloomberg.com...

Fortescue Metals Confirms Talks With China's Wealth Fund, Steelmaker Valin
www.bloomberg.com...

Rio Tinto, OZ Minerals China Sales Probed by Australia Antitrust Regulator
www.bloomberg.com...

[edit on 2/24/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
There are 2 other threads running that I have been reading over the last few days both with regard to world market prices, there are several regular posters in those threads that appear to be quite informed on the subject.

I would suggest taking a look at the threads and asking your question directly in the thread.

my 2 cents

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Oh wow so China saved OZ Minerals.. Interesting
and they keep buying the USD to keep that going, they got alot of money up their sleves

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

These would be smart moves if your thinking fiat currency might go way lower (think 0)...

China will have oodles of Natural Resources which would make nice bartering items...

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
suncorp/metway are going down, It makes no sense for australia to allow overseas investment in longs as any NPBT goes outtta the country.

Collateralising with Asia seems like a good idea in the short term, my question is who has all the iron ore and uranium.... mmmmm, again mmmmmmm

top topics

join