It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binaural Beats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I sent you a friends request, i had to accepted your, your on my friends list now.

Sorry for the off topic posts..

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
as an audio engineer maybe i can shed some light on why results in this field might b sketchy. two pronged answer

1. binaural recording is not easy. it involves having a very specifically shaped room, ideally several very clear microphones. a human head shaped dummy is placed in the center of this recording space, and then stereo (left and right) recording takes place. the effect is that the recorded sound behaves in the way it would if YOUR head was the one it was passing by/ reflecting off of. if anyone has been to disney(world i think) there is a sound chamber ride where you put on headphones and they play sounds like "getting a haircut" etc and it sounds like its really happening because of binaural recording. you cant just send a metallica song through a cheap plug in (program) that says it turns something into binaural and expect any king of results, othere than loss of sound quality.

2. in order to create this "theta" brain wave (which whatever you call it, i believe it exists) you gotta know what rate your brain is going at (or whatever) it might not just be about " take somwthing ambient slow it down". i am not going to attempt to explain
something that only personal experimentation could illuminate, but dont get frustrated when enya doesnt turn you into a psychic.

i have some suggestions for music that may assist in mind expansion, given that listenning is a particapatory experience and would be happy to share them with interested parties

edit: didnt know someone had linked to an enya song, nothing personal just being cheeky!

cheers

[edit on 25-2-2009 by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.]

[edit on 25-2-2009 by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

That's really interesting IPR! Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for true binaural recording. What a pain in the butt! I'm sure that process can be somewhat imitated with acoustic modeling. There's some pretty smart software these days! However, nothing is ever as good as the real thing!

Would be interested to hear more of what you have to say.

IRM

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'd be totally interested in what music you recommend and any more insights you might have - thanks for sharing!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

surely it doesnt matter its just two diffrent frequancies played in the left and right head phone .so the correct distance is a given.the two frequancies combine leaving just the diffrence .ie 210 left ear 200 right 10hz is the sound it resonates at .

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
sorry to interested parties for abandoning this thread carelessly a year ago, i will post some suggestions on the off chance that maybe one of you will revisit this like i did.

Stars of the Lid are an ambient duo from texas and have been releasing music for over a decade. I highly recommend purchasing "Stars of the Lid and Their Refinement of the Decline"

www.youtube.com...

also a german band from the 1960's and 70's called "Popol Vuh" (after the mayan text) are well versed in things both musical and spiritual. here is an example from the 1979 film "Nosferatu" for which they did the soundtrack.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join