It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Binaural Beats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Hi Folks.

I know this topic has already been discussed. But I need help. And maybe others need help to?

The theory behind binaural beats is that if you apply slightly different frequency sine waves to each ear, a beating affect is created in the brain itself, due to the brain's internal wiring. If, in the presence of these tones, you relax and let your mind go, your mind will naturally synchronize with the beat frequency. In this way it is possible to tune the frequency of your brain waves to particular frequencies that you have selected, using of the four bands: Delta: deep sleep, Theta: dreaming and intuitive stuff, Alpha: awake, focussed inside, and Beta: awake, focussed outside.

It is also possible to produce mixtures of brain waves of different frequencies by mixing binaural tones, and in this way, with practice and experimentation, it is reportedly possible to achieve rather unusual states, such as out-of-body stuff, and more. See the books by Ken Eagle Feather, and the Monroe Institute site for more details. The Monroe Institute have apparently put 40 years of research into these techniques.

All right, so far so good, right? Now,I would like to ask 3 questions:

1. Despite listening to several audio files repeatedly, the only thing that happens is that I fall asleep. Maybe I am dead, brain-dead, or I am a hologram, but it doesn't work for me. However, it is very likely that I make something something wrong, but what?

2. How do you prepare for it (provided you do). Do you have a technique that it works? I mean, what could you possible do than listen to that stuff?

3. What are your experiences?

As a reward for reading this thread, I will now give you the link to the website uazu.net...

Greetings

[edit on 24-2-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I have a few audio programs that produce binaural beats and brainwave encoding. I ran a song through one during the mastering process to produce Theta waves, however I never really noticed much in the way of effects so you're not on your own. Perhaps the music wasn't relaxing enough in it's own right! LOL!

IRM

[edit on 24/2/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i had used a filter in an audio program i had that did this to the stereo channels of some songs i wrote.. and in computer animation school.. i would put the music i made with it to the videos i made for class.. ( we had to show our work like 2 times a week in a theater type setup)

when everybody watched the other student's work.. many people were whispering and chuckling amongst themselves.. (just not paying attention much)

then mine played.. and every single time.. every body qould hush up and pay attention..

mu music was kind of hypnotic.. but i used the brainwaves that were specifically meant to entrain the brain into a "deep listening" or "attentive - receptive" mode.

cool stuff to play with!

this stuff works...
don't think for a second advertisers haven't thought to use it in television or radio or films.
hell.. news broadcasts for that matter...

i wonder how much of a "fear inducing" wavelength might have ben used during the broadcast media coverage of 9-11

hmmmmmm

-

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I have a few audio programs that produce binaural beats and brainwave encoding. I ran a song through one during the mastering process to produce Theta waves, however I never really noticed much in the way of effects so you're not on your own. Perhaps the music wasn't relaxing enough in it's own right! LOL! ]

Did you listen to heavy metal?

How often did you try it and under what conditions? Did you lie down and listen to that stuff or were you sitting on a chair? ... oh and thank you for the kind words that I am not alone with this issue.

@prevenge
Oh man, this entire world has gone crazy. But as soon as someone says something, you get labeled as a conspiracy nut - lol -

Greetings

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWriter

1. Despite listening to several audio files repeatedly, the only thing that happens is that I fall asleep. Maybe I am dead, brain-dead, or I am a hologram, but it doesn't work for me. However, it is very likely that I make something something wrong, but what?

Hey there,

Well, i dont think you are doing anything wrong, i think you just need to be more focused. You have to close your eyes, but be aware.

Sometimes, when i don't really want to go to sleep, but my body needs the rest, i will close my eyes, and let my body rest. I am not sleeping though, i am aware, and lightly meditating. I did this many times during the night.

You need to do the same, just be aware, with your eyes closed and let your meditation guide you.

2. How do you prepare for it (provided you do). Do you have a technique that it works? I mean, what could you possible do than listen to that stuff?

The best i can do for you is up above.

3. What are your experiences?

I have had many experiences, but not really with those specific audio tapes. I like to take the natural route. Sometimes i put soft music, or inspiring music on.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by darcon]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by darcon
Well, i dont think you are doing anything wrong, i think you just need to be more focused. You have to close your eyes, but be aware.

Sometimes, when i don't really want to go to sleep, but my body needs the rest, i will close my eyes, and let my body rest. I am not sleeping though, i am aware, and lightly meditating. I did this many times during the night.

You need to do the same, just be aware, with your eyes closed and let your meditation guide you.

Hello darcon,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I would really like to ask you these questions:

1. Is it better to do that during the day or when you come home from work? Or during the day at weekends?

2. Do You ever do these things when you are tired?

3. Are you listening to Chakra tunes? (it is not binaural stuff, I know, but I am just wondering)

Simply close your eyes. All right. The problem is, I never know what to concentrate on. My mind starts to wander ... I am really sorry for asking you these questions. If you have no time answering them, don't worry.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Hello darcon,

Hey there again,

Thank you very much for your reply.

No problem, anytime.

I would really like to ask you these questions:

Sure thing,

1. Is it better to do that during the day or when you come home from work? Or during the day at weekends?

It depends what kind of meditation you want. If you come home from work,, and you are tired, than i suggest you do a healing meditation. Like this one,

"Qigong (Chi Gong), which are exercises for self-healing. These work well for eradicating the psychological damage of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).

A very basic exercise of Qigong, called The Sitting Meditation, is as follows:

1. Sit in a comfortable position.

2. Put your hands palms up on your legs or knees. The hands have minor chakras in them. When you put them palms up, they automatically draw in energy, which is felt as a tingling sensation.

3. Keep your back straight.

4. Breath in slowly and deeply in order to relax.

5. While doing so, visualize sky blue and/or white light coming into your body and forming a continuous stream of energy from inside your head down to the pit of your stomach. As you are doing the breathing and the visualization, the stream of energy will branch out and go to where healing is needed in the body."

For the type of meditation you are trying, i suggest doing it on weekends. During the day is fine too, unless you find the sunlight annoying lol

2. Do You ever do these things when you are tired?

I do the above exercise when i am tired. Then i can do my regular meditations. If you are tired though, i would suggest you get some sleep before you do it, because you seem to have trouble concentrating, then falling asleep.

3. Are you listening to Chakra tunes? (it is not binaural stuff, I know, but I am just wondering)

I used to listen to chakra tunes, but now that i have been doing meditations for a while now, i find it much better to meditate with out music. When i do listen to tunes while meditating, it is like these ones,

Enigma, Age of loneliness

Enigma, Voyageur

Enya, Now we are free

Those are just some of the tunes i listen too. You do not have to listen to this music, you can have your own preference, but i wouldn't recommend meditating too Metal. I like those tunes because they are inspirational too me. So find something that inspires emotion out of you, those are the best songs i find to meditate too.

Simply close your eyes. All right. The problem is, I never know what to concentrate on. My mind starts to wander ...

Don't worry, practise makes perfect. It took me a long time to still the mind, i still find it hard to this day. It simple takes will, determination, and practise. Trust me, if you keep doing meditation, it will become easier as you go. It is a common thing to fall asleep in meditation. Some times it is even a good thing, as you might get a very relaxing sleep, or dream state.

I am really sorry for asking you these questions. If you have no time answering them, don't worry.

Do not need to apologize. You were just asking some questions.

All the time in the world.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I have listened to the track every way imaginable. However, it was not what one would call "meditational music". I encoded Theta waves into it out of curiosity more than anything. Having said that, there is an audible difference between the mix with Theta waves and the mix without.

It's most discernible through headphones. IMHO, the mix with the encoded Theta waves had what can only be described as a slightly more excited signal... similar to what you may get if running it through a very mild distortion with some added vibrato or a self resonating LFO.

IRM

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

it was not what one would call "meditational music".

I agree, I tried it originally for that purpose, but i found out it much better to meditate without the signals.

I encoded Theta waves into it

That is interesting

Other than it being a more exited signal, anything else you noticed?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
@darcon
WoW. What a reply
I will go and just do what you said.

I used this white light (energy) when I concentrated on spoons and forks to bend them. I imagined how it flowed (similar to a water fall) onto my head, inside me, my shoulders, my arm, my hand, and then my fingers.

When I fall asleep, yeah, I usually do it before bedtime
I think it's time for a change now.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Greetings

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I have listened to the track every way imaginable. However, it was not what one would call "meditational music". I encoded Theta waves into it out of curiosity more than anything. Having said that, there is an audible difference between the mix with Theta waves and the mix without.
O.

There is one that I like to listen to gnomad.info... and when I concentrate (before these bloody thoughts pop up again), there comes a vibration (no wrong word - it is more a tingling sensation) and the hands feel kind of numb. (difficult to describe, sorry. Yeah, and then ... before long I am catching Zzzz.

I have caught so many Zzzz already, I could sell them on Ebay and make a fortune LOL

BUT when I read what people experience when they listen to such files, or even what I once heard in an interview from the Monroe Institute, this stuff must have a great impact. But this is all history. A new beginning.

Thank you for your reply

Greetings

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No problem. yea, same thing with the spoons, expect focus the energy toward healing yourself, both emotionally and physically.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No problem. yea, same thing with the spoons, expect focus the energy toward healing yourself, both emotionally and physically.

... but even that spoon bending business with this white light, the focus is difficult to keep. Anyway, I am going to check your technique

Greetings

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I myself have never bent a spoon, and i have tried many times before.

I can definitely say it is easier to do a healing meditation.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Other than it being a more excited signal, anything else you noticed?

Not really darcon. To be fair, I really should apply it to an ambient track with more 'space' in the mix. I'd say the more simplistic the better. Without a doubt I would say that denser tracks with more layers are more likely to dilute or mask the binaural beats with a cacophony of stray harmonics and frequencies.

I find setting up a single note drone to be the best method of producing hypnotic effects. Just patch a slow rate LFO into the resonance and/or cut-off pots as a controller and away you go! Perhaps a simple arpeggio that ranges over a couple of octaves as well. Set the ADSR envelopes for a soft attack, medium decay, sustain and release (don't want anything staccato).

No real need for brainwave encoding... just a decent synth with appropriate programming.

LOL!

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hey there,

Wow, you must really be into making ambient tunes.

Either that, or you are just knowledgeable to the subject.

Either way, pretty cool

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I have a few ambient tunes but most are driven by beats. If you go to my profile page in the media portal, you will find a link to my myspace band page. Listen to "Turtle Island". I think you will like that one. It's pretty mellow/ambient.

Oh, I also added you as a friend in the media portal

IRM

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Thanks!

Headin over to thy media portal right now to check out the tunes

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Found it, listening to Turtle island. Very mellow.

Added you too friends list.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

Thanks for listening darcon! I checked my media profile, your still not on my list. I think it's a 2 step process!

IRM

top topics

<<   2 >>

join